Daehyun's Ways of Getting Closer to Ailee

Secret Love

Daehyun’s P.O.V

We were at our annual school Athletics Day sitting on the grass watching all the other competitors compete.

“Ailee, we’re such lazy bums,” I laughed.

“Yeah, look how fast Minho is going while we’re sitting still,” she laughed.

I looked at her and smiled. My heart pounded against my ribs. She was so… amazing, her voice, that smile. She was basically a living angel... What the heck?! DAEHYUN! Why such cheesy thoughts?! I shivered and snapped out of my day dream. Ailee then said something but I wasn’t paying attention.

“What?”

“I said we should be using this time to study, instead of wasting our time sitting here, watching all the other people run.”

I nodded. 

“Why don’t we go to the library after this then?” I suggested. “The guys, JR and Hyorin can come with us?”  I didn’t want her to think it was a study date or anything…

“Sure!”

I didn’t know that one word could make my day. I was totally looking forward to the study session. I watched as Ailee stood up. I pretended to be upset and pouted.

“Why are you leaving me alone?” I cried.

“To tell the others! I’ll be back! I won’t abandon you!” she laughed as she patted my head and ran off to find Yong Guk, Jongup, Himchan, Zelo, Youngjae, Hyorin and JR.

I lay down on the grass and closed my eyes while waiting for Ailee to come back. When she did though, I woke up to a pile of grass on my forehead and a giggling Ailee.

“What the heck!?”

I sat up, pulled a hand full of grass from the ground and threw it on her. What was simply a joke, then escalated into a fully fledged grass war. We chased each other around, well more like I chased her around with fistfuls of grass, earning weird looks, as well as amused looks from our classmates. After what felt like a mini marathon, we collapsed on the ground, laughing while still trying to catch our breath.

“I felt like we were five-year-olds,” laughed Ailee.

“I think everyone thought we were five.”

I stared at her and when she realised I was staring, I quickly turned and looked at my watch. She frowned at me then began to twirl her hair around her finger. I felt my face heat up. Smooth Daehyun… Not suspicious at all.

“Hey! Five minutes until we get to go home!”

Ailee clasped her hands together and cheered. When we were finally dismissed, we met up with the others and headed off to buy food before we went to study.

“What do you guys want to eat?”

“Dukbokki!”

“Pizza!”

“Ice cream!”

“I don’t know”

“Let’s just all meet up here in 30 mins ok? Just buy whatever and we’ll go eat at the park before we go to the library?” suggested Young Jae.

Without a second thought, we all rushed off to buy food.

1 hour later

“Omg… that was so satisfying!” said Jongup as he patted his belly.

Everyone gathered up their rubbish and we began to head to the library. I turned to Yong Guk and saw that he was staring at the top of Ailee’s head.

“What are you looking at?”

“Let’s pretend there's a bug on her hair ok?” he sniggered.

“What bug?”

He winked at me and tapped Ailee on the shoulder.

“There’s a bug in your hair,” pointed Yong Guk.

Ailee turned around and stared at him.

“What?”

“There’s a bug in your hair,” I chimed in.

“A bug?”

I nodded.

“Let me get it out for you!” I offered.

I walked up to Ailee and ruffled her hair into a big giant mess and GOSH her hair was soft! I messed up her hair a bit more, until it was covering her face before I looked at Yong Guk and laughed. She blew her hair out of her face and brushed it out of the way before rolling her eyes at us.

“Yeah, cause if there was a bug, you would’ve squashed it in my hair.”

“OMO! It’s still there!” I cried, and then proceeded to mess up her hair again.

“Daehyun! There is no bug!”

I laughed and we continued walking to the library, but just as we reached the doors, I went behind Ailee and ruffled her hair again.

“Woops, I guess I missed it,” I joked.

She wrinkled up her nose and rolled her eyes at me again. I nearly died from the cuteness overload.

“I am so going to get you back!” she laughed. 

I winked at her.

"Of course you will!" I added sarcasticly. 

She punched my arm then walked into the library with Hyorin and JR. 

I looked at Yong Guk and Himchan who were madly winking at me. I rolled my eyes at them and they came and put their arms around me as we walked. 

"Someone is getting closer to Ailee," teased Yong Guk.

"I think the whole world knows you like her," laughed Himchan. 

I felt my face grow heat up and my heart pounding against my chest. I could even hear it, since it was going at 100 miles an hour. I brushed my two hyungs off and went to walk with the younger guys - they were the few who didn't endlessly tease me about Ailee.