Drooling is cute?

Secret Love

 

Two Weeks Later…

Ailee’s P.O.V

We were on the bus back to school from Incheon International Airport and Daehyun had ended up sitting next to me. At first I was ok with it, but as time went on, I felt as if my face was on fire. We were just talking about how much we wanted to be back in our own beds after three weeks away from home and how much we were not looking forward to the start of school. For some reason though, my face was getting warmer and warmer by the minute. I couldn’t really look him in the eye, just in case I said something really stupid, or if I started giggling like a complete moron. I quickly glanced at him, pretending I was looking out the window. He stopped talking and smirked.

“Your face is really red…”

I laughed nervously.

“It’s the heater?”

He nodded as I put my cool hands on my cheeks in a vain attempt to cool them down – it wasn’t really working.

I sighed and moved around a bit in my seat in order to find a comfortable position.

“What’s wrong?”

“Just tired, you know, after all that walking, studying, more walking, lack of sleep,”

“We all are,” he replied, then closed his eyes.

After a few minutes, he was fast asleep. I pulled out my iPod and started to listen to some music, though after a while, it had gotten even warmer. It suddenly occurred to me that we were sitting really close to each other. Our arms were just touching, yet through the layers of clothing, I could still feel his body heat. I didn’t think it was possible but my face grew warmer.  I casually looked through my apps on my iPod and decided to play Fruit Ninja. Without realising, I became completely absorbed in the game and my “slashing” of fruit/arm movements became more violent.

“AHHH! What?! Are we there yet?” cried Daehyun as he woke up all flustered.

I looked at him then realised that I accidentally elbowed him as I was playing.

I laughed.

“Sorry!”

“What the heck are you doing?” he grumbled.

I sheepishly handed my iPod over to him.

“Fruit Ninja? You were playing Fruit Ninja which lead you to elbow me really hard in the ribs? This is what I get for keeping you company?” he scolded.

I pouted. He looked really angry that I woke him up.

“What do you want me to do to make it up for you?”

His face softened. 

“Hey, I was just joking…” he laughed.

I turned away from him and continued playing, purposely and repeatedly elbowing him.

“Ailee-ah… I was just joking…”

I turned up my music and continued to ignore him. He then covered my eyes with his hands, which, of course led me to lose the round.

“YAH!” I yelled as I whipped my head around to face him. When I saw the look on his face, I couldn’t help but melt into a puddle and become speechless.

Daehyun’s P.O.V

I really was joking, but she just ignored me. I think this was the first time that she was openly mad at me. She kept on elbowing me, and I really wanted her to stop, but no matter how I tried, she just ignored me. It occurred to me that I could cover her eyes and make her turn around. She might get even more mad, but I guess it was worth a try. As soon as my hands covered her eyes, she yelled and whipped her hair around, whacking my face with her fragrant hair. I immediately pulled my arms back and I don’t know why but I pouted and tried to pull off an innocent face. I swear if Himchan saw me right now, I’d never live it down. As soon as she turned around she just blankly looked at me. I frowned.

“Ailee?”

She mumbled something incomprehensible.

“Hmm?”

“Nothing! I’m going to sleep!” she snapped then turned away from me once again and closed her eyes, as she said she would.

I just sat there and stared at her. I really hoped that she wouldn’t be mad at me. As I was staring – not creepily of course, I noticed that she pulled the sleeves of her sweater to cover her hands. I gently touched the back of her hand, hoping that I wouldn’t wake her and, as usual, her hands were as cold as ice.

I tugged off my scarf and covered her hands with it. It should help warm her hands up, because I’ve discovered that a person’s neck is one of the warmest parts of their body – something I’ll tell her so she can have somewhere to warm up her hands if I'm not around.

 As she was sleeping, she her head slowly drifted onto my shoulder. I was sitting in a really awkward and uncomfortable position as I had turned around to talk to Yong Guk who was sitting behind us moments before, yet I couldn’t bear to move, just in case I woke her up. She looked so peaceful.

“Daehyun! Do you have water?!” cried Hyosung, who was sitting two rows in front of us.

I put my index finger against my lips to signal to her to not yell, pointed to Ailee and then shook my head. Hyosung stood up for a few seconds to see why I was telling her to be quiet and as her eyes drifted to Ailee, I could not help but notice her rolling her eyes. As she sat back down, Kikwang turned around and gave me a dirty look. I really could not understand what Hyosung had against Ailee and I didn’t think Kikwang had the right to be angry at me or Ailee. I also couldn’t believe how childish they were being. We were seniors for goodness sake and it has been months since what happened.

“Aish…” I muttered.

I quickly glanced at Ailee and saw that she was slightly drooling. I chuckled and pulled a tissue out of my pocket and dabbed the corner of lightly. She was so cute.

Author's Note: Message to all those silent readers - Guys, please comment :( it would be totally helpful if you commented and give suggestions on what you possibly want to see happen in future chapters !