Oh No!

Secret Love

Kikwang’s P.O.V

“I saw him kiss her,” she breathed.

“He kissed her?”

“You know when she called you up that time and you called me to meet up with you… well on the way to you, I saw them together…”

I sat there and stared at Hyosung. I felt as if my heart was pierced with a thousand knives.  It couldn’t be true. There was no way that Ailee would keep that from me. I mean, we told each other everything.

“No… It can’t be… Our fifteenth month anniversary is next week… He could have … he could have... I don’t know, comforted her?”  I cried in desperation.

“I’m really sorry Kikwang… I confronted them about it… and they were lost for words…It was too obvious what they were doing.”

Tears welled up in my eyes. I tried to hold them in, keep being calm and composed, yet they burst from my eyes like water bursting from a dam. I couldn’t hold it in. It was incomprehensible. Why would she do that? Hyosung leaned over and hugged me. I was lost in my thoughts. I knew they were best friends… they were pretty close, but how could it be like this? What if Hyosung is lying to me? But of course she wouldn’t. She’s my best friend. The two people I trusted the most in the world and one of them could be lying to me. I couldn’t believe it. Why was this happening to me?

Through my tears, I managed to utter out a few words.

“I –I- W-w-ant t-t-o ask A-a-ilee” I stuttered.

Hyosung leaned back from the hug and looked at me, in disbelief.

“Do you even think she will tell you the truth?” she demanded.

“Well… it’s worth a try?”

“I saw them with my very eyes and you don’t believe me?”

“No! I do believe you… I just want to hear it from her!”

“She wouldn’t tell you. JR made me not tell you. I just couldn’t stand seeing you being led on by her…” Her face softened.

“She could have told me…”

“Exactly. She didn’t and I left it too long. I should have told you immediately so you wouldn’t have been led on and hurt like you are right now… If you ask her, she’ll probably deny it… You really want to confront someone who lied to you? Do you really want to go on as if nothing has happened? This will always be in the back of your mind Kikwang… Think about it…” she said, as she patted my cheek.

“I don’t know… Right now, I just don’t want to see her…”

“Think about it before you actually go see her then,” replied Hyosung.

I actually don’t want to see her, after what Hyosung told me. I couldn’t believe that Ailee didn’t tell me. We have been together for nearly fifteen months… I couldn’t believe this.

“I need to be alone right now…”

Hyosung looked at me pleadingly.

“Are you sure? I really think I should stay here with you…”

I shook my head. She sighed then walked off.  As soon as she was gone, I began thinking about every moment I ever had with Ailee. Were they all lies? Was what Hyosung told me really true? I just wanted to tear out my hair in frustration. I sat there for most of lunch, contemplating what I should do. I knew if I asked Ailee about it, she’d either deny it or hate me for accusing her of such a thing… I’ve known Hyosung for ten years… She tells me everything. Ailee or Hyosung? Someone I’ve known for about two years or my best friend of ten years? I felt betrayed. The numbing pain in my chest was still there. I couldn’t believe this happened…The hot tears rolled down my cheeks in big fat drops as I reached my final decision. I quickly wiped them away and went to find Hyosung. She was one of the people that I could always turn to, no matter what.

Hyosung’s P.O.V

We stood outside the gates waiting for Ailee to walk out. I was over the moon when Kikwang told me what he wanted to do. He didn’t want to face her at all. He totally believed me. He bombarded me with questions about it and I was able to pull the whole stunt off without him becoming suspicious. Thank goodness he believed me, his friend of ten years instead of some girl he recently met. His other friends, Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Yoseob and Dongwoon were also here waiting, as well as my friends, Hana, Jieun and Sunhwa. Everyone believed my story about how Ailee cheated on Kikwang and they were completely fuming about it. As soon as we spotted Ailee walking out, I took a deep breath before confronting her. I had never really spoken to her before, but this was it. I felt so relieved, so refreshed and so happy as I walked towards her. Kikwang was finally going to be mine.

Ailee’s P.O.V

As I walked out of the school gates, I felt as if I lit up immediately upon spotting Kikwang. When I looked at him and smiled, he just turned away and continued talking to his friends. Something was wrong. He’d normally run to me and tackle me into a hug or something… but he just brushed me off…  When I walked closer to his group and Hyosung and her group, Hyosung suddenly stepped out and smiled at me. What did she want from me? My heart pounded heavily against my ribs. I looked at Kikwang for an indication of what was going to happen, but like before, he just ignored me and continued talking to his friends while they all stared at me. What the heck?!

Hyosung then spoke.

“Kikwang's girlfriend?” she asked. As if she didn't know. 

“Yes…” My heart was pounding against my chest. What did she want from me?

“He doesn’t want to be with you anymore,” she said.

Tears welled up in my eyes. My ears were ringing with what that girl told me. It must be a joke. Why did… Why did he get someone else to break up with me?

He was standing behind her, still avoiding eye contact with me. I was in disbelief. Never in a million years would I have known that he would be like this. I stared back and forth between him and this girl, trying so hard not to blink and let the tears fall down my face. When I realised that this was not some sick joke, my heart shattered. I pushed past them, rushing to get home, away from all this. As I moved further away from them, I let my tears finally fall.

Why was this happening to me? What did I do to him to suddenly be ignored by him like this?

Half drowning in my tears, as soon as I got home, I walked over to the fridge and grabbed the tub of green tea ice cream out. Yay… Time to eat away my sorrows until I stop crying over him.

I sat myself on the couch with the tub of ice cream, a spoon, waffles, my phone, a box of tissues and the TV remote. I tried texting and calling him to sort out what happened, and whether it was a misunderstanding but I went into voicemail every single time. Halfway through the tub, my door bell rang. I stayed rooted in my position, hoping that whoever it was would go away, but then the ringing continued and I received a text.

From JR:

NOONA! OPEN THE DOOR! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND AS A BEST FRIEND I SHOULD BE IN THERE WITH YOU! I KNOW YOU’RE SITTING ON THE COUCH EATING ICE CREAM AND WAFFLES SO GET YOUR UP AND OPEN THIS DOOR BEFORE I BREAK THE DOOR BELL!

As I opened the door, I saw JR standing there with another tub of ice cream, a box of choco pie and waffles in his arms. He smiled at me sheepishly before I invited him in. As soon as he sat on the couch next to me, a new wave of pain hit me and I burst into tears. He then put his arms around me, pulling me into a hug and comforted me as I cried into his school blazer. The rest of his visit was spent with me crying into his blazer and stuffing my face with food as JR comforted me. Despite his attempts, I didn't feel that much better. Why did this happen to me?

Author's note: It's Kikwang's birthday today! ♥ Such a depressing chapter though... Anyway... KIKWANG is my most ultimate bias! :D His eye smiles are just adorable and his voice is amazing *fangirl moment*
Who's your favourite member of Beast or ultimate bias? :D