Ice Skating

Secret Love

Daehyun’s P.O.V

I leaned closer to her, my heart beating so hard against my ribs. This would be the best birthday present ever. Just as our faces were inches apart, she looked at me cross-eyed and I could not help but burst into fits of laughter. She stepped back and stuck her tongue out at me. Her face was bright red.

“You know if the wind changes, your face would be stuck like that!” I teased, slightly disappointed. As we walked into the station and bought our tickets, I kept glancing at her. When we stood and waited for our subway, she continued sticking her tongue out at me as well as looking at me cross-eyed before our subway pulled in. We hopped on, and not before long, she fell asleep on my shoulder.

I looked at her peaceful face as she slept. I brushed her hair out of her face and thought to myself.

“Ailee, would you ever know how I feel about you?”

I sighed and carefully pulled out my iPod, trying not to wake her up and put my playlist on shuffle and the first song was Secret Love.

Without anyone knowing, I love you, without anyone knowing, I think of you…

Ailee’s P.O.V
As he leaned closer, I suddenly had the urge to make a funny face at him, so I looked at him cross-eyed and stuck my tongue out. Way to ruin a moment Ailee! I could feel my face rapidly heating up and he smiled at me.

“You know if the wind changes, your face would be stuck like that!” he teased. If it was possible, I blushed even more. We went and bought our tickets and stood a bit awkwardly waiting for the subway to come. When he glanced at me, I continued pulling the face at him, since I had no idea what to say to him.

As we boarded our subway, it still felt as if there was a wave of awkwardness between us, so I closed my eyes, just to rest for a bit and before I knew it, I actually fell asleep.  I soon spiralled into a dream, where Daehyun and I were on an outing together.

I silently followed him as he dragged me to all these cute shops and cafés. We sat down at a table, opposite each other, though he was still holding my hand across the table. He looked at me and smiled.

“You know we look really good together right?”

It took me a few moments to process what he had said and just looked at him incredulously.

“I know you like me, Ailee,” he continued.

“What?”

“I know you have feelings for me…Would you ever know how I feel for you?”

I kicked the seat in front of me, jerking myself awake. My face was still burning hot, especially after that dream as well… I glanced at Daehyun, who was listening to his iPod as well as giving me a “What the heck was that all about?!” look.

I smiled sheepishly.

“Are you ok?”

I nodded. Totally fine…

We sat in silence for the rest of the ride. But as soon as we stepped off the subway, the silent spell was lifted and we raced like kids into the theme park.

“ICE SKATING?!” suggested Daehyun.

“DEFINITELY!”

We both rushed to the Lotte World Ice Skating Rink and hastily paid for everything and pulled on our skates. We waddled like penguins to the ice and as soon as we stepped on, I was like Bambi learning how to walk for the first time. My legs went in every direction and fell on the cold, hard ice, pulling Daehyun down with me.

“Yah! When was the last time you went ice skating?”

I thought about it and bit my lip. One of the stitches which mended my gaping heart tore once again and I tried so hard not to suddenly burst into tears. The last time I was here was with Kikwang… it was our nine month anniversary and it was one of the most memorable dates we had had.

Daehyun probably realised that I was thinking about Kikwang, so he just pulled me up and changed the subject.

“Where do you want to go eat afterwards?”

“What do you want to eat? It is your birthday after all!”

“I don’t know… What about a Japanese restaurant?” he suggested.

“Oooh! I know a really good one close by! Let’s go there afterwards!”

He nodded and smiled then started skating backwards.

“YAH! Wait for me! Some people aren’t that good at ice skating!” I cried.

He laughed and continued skating while I clumsily grabbed the sides so I could stay up right. One foot after the other, I was making a bit of progress before someone grabbed my shoulders, causing me to fall once again.

I was going to turn around and give that person a big lecture about grabbing strangers until I heard a Daehyun’s laugh.

“I think you should find your centre of gravity,” he laughed.

I glared at him.

“I was doing fine, until you ambushed me!”

“I managed to do two laps of the rink and you moved like ten steps – I don’t think that was doing fine, so… despite it being my birthday, I shall give you the gift of free ice skating lessons, from the one and only Jung Daehyun!”

I ignored him, pulled myself up and turned away from him, trying not to look more of a klutz as I tried to teach myself how to skate. I sighed in frustration. The last time I was here, Kikwang had held my hand throughout the session and skated with me. It’s not like Daehyun was expected to do the same, even though he was just a friend. Just as I was about to slip for the millionth time, I felt a warm hand on my waist and another one sliding into my grasp. I looked at Daehyun who was smiling that smile which brought on an explosion of butterflies in my stomach. I blushed as he slowly guided me along.

“By the end of this, you will be able to skate as well as I can!” he encouraged.

I silently nodded. Despite the chill here in the ice skating rink, I felt as if my face was on fire. His soothing voice guided my movements, and by the end, just as he said, I was able to skate unaided. He released his grip on me and I glided across the rink. I felt the chill on my face, finally cooling it down. Daehyun and I glided along the ice, side by side and I could not help but laugh and smile until my cheeks hurt. This feeling was amazing.

 

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating so long! I came back from a really tiring school camp which took a while to recover from cause it was so draining.

Kekeke... No kiss scene... yet... Though get ready for more cuteness from Daehyun and Ailee in the next few chapters!