I Apologise

Secret Love

Ailee's P.O.V

I sighed and decided to hear him out - after all, he owed me for what he did.  Jr. mumbled incoherently to himself as he walked away while Kikwang and I stood there awkwardly. 

 
"I ... Wanted to ummm ... Apologise for being such a jerk for the past few months ..." he began. 
 
I tried not to scoff at him. 
 
"I honestly was such an . I didnt even bother asking you about what happened. I just blindly listened to Hyosung the whole time. It never occurred to me that she would be so manipulative and so posessive. I should have talked to you instead of jumping to conclusions...." he explained. 
 
"What exactly did she tell you?"
 
He laughed humorlessly. 
 
"She told me you and Jr. were seeing each other behind my back. She told me that you guys kissed."
 
I glared at him. I couldn't believe he thought I was that kind of person. 
 
"But I found out a few days ago that nothing like that ever happened and Hyosung just twisted the truth in order to make it seem that way and for it to go with her own selfish needs... I'm really sorry that I jumped to conclusions like that and treated you so harshly. I was blinded by my anger and because of my trust in Hyosung... But I was completely wrong..."
 
I slapped him. 
 
"I really deserved that didn't I?"
 
I held my glare and bit my lip. Why was he even bothering now? After all these months, this apology tore through my heart. He didn't know how much I blamed myself, how much I thought I was the one at fault all this time. He didn't know how much it hurt, how I felt as if I was all alone in a dark hole by myself and he thinks by apologising months later, it would all be alright?
 
"I don't know if there's anything that I could do to make this go away... I really am sorry, Ailee. If I could, I would go back in time and see Hyosung for who she really is. Not only did I lose the most amazing girl I ever met on believing her that day, I lost my best friend who changed into someone  I hate because of her jealousy. I was so stupid, so say what ever you want to me, punch me, slap me, swear at me and I'll tolerate it all. I can't imagine how you must have felt..."
 
"No you can't. You wouldn't know how I felt. You wouldn't know how much I blame myself for this. You wouldn't know how much I felt like ripping my heart out because of you. I  had no idea what had happened. We were fine one day and then the next, you looked at me and treated me as if I was the evil incarnate. You wouldn't know how ostracised, how hurt I was.  Just because you were blindly listening to her. It was nearly our one and a half year anniversary for goodness sake! We were totally fine and happy together. Then all your friends and Hyosung, who I knew never liked me because I was dating you treated me as if I was some criminal. No. This apology isn't going to make me feel any better about what had happened. I'm just glad that you're actually man enough to apologise and tell me the reason behind you being a complete ," I blurted, hastily wiping the tears off my face. 
 
He looked at me, his face contorted with pain and regret. 
 
"I know I can't do anything to make it better, but I just wanted to try and clear up this thing between us. I was prejudiced against you and hated you for reasons which were stupid and not true, I realise that now and the only thing I can do is say sorry. I can't take back all the dirty looks I gave you, I can't take back all the times I've ignored you and treated you like a criminal, but from the bottom of my heart, I would take it all back if I could."
 
"I'm not expecting you to forgive me, I know I wouldn't forgive me. But explaining to you what happened and clearing this unecessary mess up is what I needed to do..."
 
I sighed. I loved this idiot once and really there was no point of holding a grudge against him. It was better to end things like this then go for the rest of our lives hating each others' guts for no apparent reason. 
 
"You know it's never going to be the same right?" I asked. 
 
He looked at me, puzzled. 
 
"You forgive me? After what I did?"
 
"Forgive you? It's far from that, but you making the effort to apologise... I guess it... Well... Kinda clears things up." 
 
I honestly felt like lashing out at him, bawl my eyes out and not talk to him ever again, but there was no point on dwelling on that. I forced a smile. 
 
"So we're cool?"