Frustration.

Secret Love

Few Days Later…

Ailee’s P.O.V

I walked out of class to lunch, searching the crowd for Daehyun. When I finally saw him, I started to quicken my pace and when he turned to where I was walking from, I waved at him, only to be disappointed, as he walked in the other direction to one of his friends. I sighed. He was pretty much giving me mixed signals these past few weeks. One day, we were spending hours talking on the phone about basically everything, and the next, we didn’t even see each other or talk to each other at all.

Feeling a bit more dejected than usual, I dragged myself to my locker and slowly pulled books from my bag and into the locker. I rested my head on the top of the locker, I felt so tired of everything.

“Ailee what’s wrong?”

I turned my head and saw Jr.

“Pretty much everything at the moment,” I sighed.

He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked to our ‘spot’ then sat down before he asked me what everything was.

“I failed math, because no matter how much I’ll try, all I see is numbers and some mumbo jumbo that makes no sense to me, Daehyun sometimes seems as if he can’t get away from me fast enough, and when we talk, he tells me about his ex-girlfriend and about how she basically hates him and he still doesn’t know why and then he asks me if it’s awkward that he lends some other girls his scarf or jacket or something and he’s pretty much nice to them as well  and then he comes to me and expects my help on stuff and even if I’m bothered or get really jealous about it, I pretend as if it doesn’t affect me, because we’re nothing more than friends.” I blurted

Jr. sighed.

“You can always drop math or get extra help with it… I doubt you failed it, you always get through no matter what – you’re Ailee. Daehyun… People do think you like each other you know… I’m pretty sure he knows you like him… he’s just being an telling you all these things. My best guess is that he’s trying to see if you’re jealous or not. I don’t know… I wouldn’t mention that stuff to a girl I like though… What the hell is he doing?”

 “You honestly don’t know how frustrated I am. One moment, we’re fine and then the next moment, I just want to slap him because he honestly seems so oblivious to it all.”

“Have you tried telling him about how you feel?”

I scoffed.

“You’re so funny Jinyoung. Freaking hilarious. I’m not going to make a fool of myself and just randomly bring it up – by the way, I don’t like you talking about all those other girls because I like you and I’m totally jealous. I sometimes don’t want to talk to him at all.”

I lay my head on his shoulder, trying not to explode and cry as a result of all these feelings. I felt so frustrated, angry, upset and hopeless as a result of everything that has happened these few weeks. I honestly didn’t know what to do. I just wanted to curl up in a ball in my room and hope that all my problems disappeared, or stay in bed all day, so I wouldn’t have to face any problems, mine or anyone else's.  

“Why don’t we go out for ice cream later?” suggested Jr. “I know that ice cream always makes you feel better and while we’re at it, you can finally go shopping since you’ve been complaining about not having time because of exams for weeks.”

I smiled.

“You know me so well.”

“Of course! As your best friend, my shoulder is also here for you to cry on and to sleep on, so feel free to do either, and I have the ability to read your mind since we’ve known each other for so long, so maybe sometimes you’ll need an aluminium helmet to make sure I don’t hear any of those private thoughts of yours!” he joked.

I punched him and he ruffled my hair. He always knew how to make me feel better.

“The only catch, though, you’re paying for everything Ailee!” he laughed.

“Yah! You’re the one who suggested it! If you only said that so I’d pay for everything, you can go by yourself!”

He smiled cheekily.

“Only kidding!”

When I stood up to go get some lunch from the canteen, I noticed Kikwang walking towards us. I froze on the spot. Jr. stood up as well, ready to go get some warm food and he noticed Kikwang as well.

“Do you think he’s walking towards us?” I asked.

“Looks like it. I wonder that bastard wants,” growled Jr.

“Let’s run for it… I don’t want a confrontation after all these months of him basically hating me and pretending I don’t exist anymore,” I whispered.

As we turned away slowly, he called out my name. I swear the world was against me.

I heard footsteps behind us and I turned around to face him, plastering on the disgust on my face and pretending that I could care less about what he wanted.

“Umm…”

“What?” snapped Jr. “Are you here to rub in her face that you’re done with her without so much as an explanation?”

He looked at us awkwardly before he managed to say anything.

“C-could I talk to you privately…? Not that I’m making you come with me, after what I did, but … just… hear me out… Please?”

I glanced at Jr. who was shaking his head, but I really wanted to hear what Kikwang had to say, after all these months and who knows, he might tell me why he was such a jerk all this time, not that I was expecting anything from him though…

I bit my lip, not knowing whether to hear him out, or just completely ignoring him.