Go Away Youngjae!

Secret Love

 

Ailee’s P.O.V

As Jr. unknowingly lolled to his right, onto Youngjae's shoulder, Youngjae instantly scooted away, leaving the dead tired Jr. to squish his face into the seat. He sat up, groggily and scowled. 

"Why did you guys have to drag me here? Just because you didn't go last night doesn't mean you have to be inconsiderate and drag someone who's extremely tired to just sit at a cafe with you! "

" Can't handle the dancing?" laughed Daehyun. 

I quickly pulled my mug of peppermint mocha to my mouth, trying to cover my gigantic grin. His laugh was just adorable. 

Jr. glared at him before standing up abruptly. 

"I'm gonna go get an energy drink or something from the convenience store. Wanna come anyone?"

As he walked out of the cafe, Youngjae tailed him like a puppy, leaving Daehyun and I alone.

My cheeks felt as if they were growing warmer and warmer by the minute. I prayed that Daehyun didn't see any pictures of JB and I dancing. I wanted to clear it out if he did though, just in case he got the wrong idea... I sort of felt guilty, but I had no idea why...

"So how was it?"

"The Social? It was fun, even Himchan was there – I took a few photos with him. Why didn't you go? You should have gone." You should have, because I wanted you there all night! I added in my head. 

"Hey, I wanted to, but the Youngjae didn't want to go and he would've been lonely."

I glared at him. 

"So even with everyone there you would've been lonely? Maybe I should leave now since you don't seem to think anyone but Youngjae are good enough to keep you company."

I stood up, pretending to leave but Daehyun grabbed my wrist, forcing me to sit back down. 

"That's not what I meant..."

"You pabo. I was only joking!" 

He smiled at me. 

"Anything exciting? Any unexpected couples getting together? Food fight? Fight?"

"You wish. It was a civil, formal, social. Not one where crazy idiots are allowed to be all primitive. And nothing exciting, more like embarrassing." 

Yep. I was going to tell him. 

He raised his eyebrow. 

"Embarrassing? What happened that was so embarrassing?" 

I stared at his hands, rested on the table. If anyone could look so interested at hands, it would pretty much be me right now, staring intently at his hands to avoid looking him in the eye. 

"IdancedwithJBandeveryonegatheredaroundandcheeredwhenIwantedeveryonetogoaway," I blurted. 

"You what what and what? Ailee, if you want people to understand you, don't try and rap as quickly as Junhong does when you speak."

I took a sip of my drink before repeating myself. 

"JB asked me to dance with him, and I thought, why not, we're just friends, we can do this without people judging or cheering or anything, but suddenly, pretty much everyone gathered around us and watched."

I slowly pulled my eyes away from his hands to his face, not knowing what I was expecting, before he started laughing. 

"Shut up! It was so embarrassing! I thought couples like Junhyung and Hara would take the attention away from everyone else! Suzy danced with Myungsoo and they're just friends, no one gathered around them! It was so... Intimidating! Argh! Stop laughing! "

Right at that moment, Jr. and Youngjae bounded in, hyperactive from whatever miracle energy drink they had. I stood up and stomped over to them.

“Let’s go guys, we’re done,” I snapped.

Jr. and Youngjae glanced at each other, then back and forth between Daehyun and I before scrambling to catch up to me as I power-walked down the street.

“Hey guys! WAIT!” panted Daehyun as he tried to catch up to us.

When we were walking side by side he began to nudge me until I stopped ignoring him.

“What?!”

“It’s not funny.”

“I know it’s not.”

He grabbed my arm and shook it as we walked.

“I won’t laugh about it anymore. I won’t even mention it. I promise?”

He smiled at me, looking as innocent as ever. I could have melted into a puddle at his feet.

“So you give me permission to do whatever I want to you if you mention it again?”

He nodded and beamed at me.

“I won’t mention it again!”

“Hyung! Where are we going?” yelled Youngjae as he pushed between us.

I rolled my eyes and waited for Jr. as Daehyun and Youngjae walked ahead of us.

“Major bromance."

Daehyun’s P.O.V

As soon as I saw Himchan, I grabbed his phone off him, finding the photos he took with Ailee. I groaned. Why oh why didn’t I go?!

“You know she danced with JB…”

“WHAT?!”

“Um… they slow danced together… they looked as if they were really into each other!” smiled Himchan.

I punched his arm.

“WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU SMILING?! SHE DANCED WITH ANOTHER MAN! IT’S NOT A SMILING MATTER! THEY ARE NOT INTO EACH OTHER! ARGH! I should have gone! Curse Youngjae and his ability to bribe me not to go!”

“What did he bribe you?” chuckled Himchan.

I sighed.

“That he would buy me any food that I want, whenever I want for the next three months…?”

“You and your food. Ahh… Daehyun, why are you always hungry?!”

I shrugged and continued to flick through the photos.

“Aren’t you meeting up with Jr. and Ailee tomorrow? At least you get to see her?”

“Yeah, but Youngjae is coming – he’s paying.”

“Alright then, just talk to her then and stare at her all you want, just stop drooling, you’re going to ruin my phone!” he yelped.

He snatched his phone and left me there annoyed at myself for letting myself be bought so easily, just with food. At least I get to see her tomorrow!

***

“So how was it?”

My heart was pounding in my chest, waiting for her to tell me about JB. Breathe, Daehyun, breathe. I swear I wanted to … Argh… I don’t think I liked him much right now.

She told me about how fun it was and asked why I didn’t go. Youngjae. I was dying inside for her to actually tell me that the dance with JB was nothing, but didn’t want to get my hopes up, just in case. When she finally mentioned it, she really did look extremely embarrassed, but she said they were just friends... I didn’t know how to react, and I was … maybe a tiny, tiny bit jealous… and really wished that I was JB last night, so I started laughing.

"Shut up! It was so embarrassing! I thought couples like Junhyung and Hara would take the attention away from everyone else! Suzy danced with Myungsoo and they're just friends, no one gathered around them! It was so... Intimidating! Argh! Stop laughing! "

I kept on laughing, but honestly, I didn’t really know why. She looked so cute when she was angry. When Jr. and Youngjae came back, Ailee stormed off, leaving me by myself.

“Hey guys! WAIT!”

When I caught up to her, I hoped that by promising her not to mention it again, because let’s face it, even I didn’t want to think about it again, that she would stop ignoring me for laughing at her.

“I won’t mention it again!”

stretched into a smile and I practically beamed at her, before Youngjae pushed between us. I swear!

“Hyung! Where are we going?”

I sighed as Ailee stopped and waited for Jr., leaving Youngjae and I to walk together.

“What the heck man! First you bribe me into not going to the social, where JB danced with her cause I wasn’t there and now when I actually get to spend time with her, you –  Argh!”

He shrugged.

“Do you want dukbokki?” He pointed over to a stall selling dukbokki and other, oh gosh, mouth watering food, trying to change the subject.

“Since you’re paying, why not?”

“Am I forgiven?”

I scoffed.

“I’m going to bleed your wallet dry these next few months, just you watch.”

I turned to Ailee and Jr.

“Hey, you guys, eat as much as you want! It’s on me,” I smiled and then glared at Youngjae.

“But you’re paying.”