Snow Angels - Christmas Special

Secret Love

Author's Note: Merry Christmas guys! Hope this festive season is filled with happiness and cheer. Hope you have and amazing Christmas and a Happy New Year! ♥
So this isn't really a Christmas special, more like a Christmas themed chapter, so enjoy!

Ailee’s P.O.V

I hastily pulled on my mittens and my coat as I rushed out the door. I swear Daehyun was going to murder me for being late. As I ran out of the gates, I ran into some idiot who was blocking my way. I looked at my watch and groaned. I was half an hour late.

“YAH! What kind of idiot stands in the middle of a gate, blocking the wa-“

Oh gosh…

“Who are you calling an idiot? I stood here in the cold for,” he checked his watch, “thirty minutes waiting for you!”

“Sorry… I slept through my alarm…”

Daehyun pulled my beanie down over my eyes and laughed.

“Don’t worry. You can just make it up for me later!”

I puffed out my cheeks and pushed my beanie back up and looked at him expectantly. He didn’t tell me where we were going or what we were doing today, just that he had a surprise for me.

He held out his arm and smiled at me. My heart pretty much stopped beating and my jaw dropped. What?

He raised his eyebrow and stared at me.

“Hey, you shouldn’t just leave a guy hanging… we’re standing in the cold as well!”

I stood there, still frozen in my spot, before he pulled my arm and looped it around his.

“Come on, let’s go,” he said, in English. [Watch the Stop it Making Video – Daehyun’s English; so many feels… ♥♥♥]

I bit my lip in order to stop myself from smiling like a total idiot. The way he sounded when he spoke. My heart was pounding as we walked down the streets, arm in arm… I was totally dreaming. I felt giddy from the Christmas spirit which filled the air. Each shop had tinsel and Christmas banners in the windows or decorating the entire shop. Couples were walking, hand in hand, lugging bags from all their Christmas shopping.

I glanced up at Daehyun, who was humming some song that sounded so familiar, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. We were just walking aimlessly around, well, it seemed that way to me since I had no idea where we were going. If only we were actually dating…

I sighed.

“What’s wrong?”

“Where exactly are we going? We’ve been walking around aimlessly and I haven’t had the chance to have breakfast yet since I rushed out of the house to meet you. Just tell me where we’re going!”

“Sorry… But it will all be worth it, I promise! We’re nearly there! You’ll love it!” He grinned.  

After a few more minutes of walking arm in arm (I could totally get used to this), we headed into a cosy café, which was, like all the other shops in the area, decorated for Christmas.

“We’re here!”

As soon as we walked in, we were greeted with the smell of gingerbread and peppermint. My smile stretched from ear to ear. He was right, I would love it.

It was a lot warmer than it was outside and Christmas songs softly played, enough to add to the mood, but not too much that it got annoying. Daehyun lead me to a seat by the window, frosted from the cold, while he offered to get our food and drinks.

“Look at the menu, tell me what you want.”

“Surprise me,” I smiled.

He chuckled and bounced to the counter. That kid was so hyper today.

I sat there, waiting for him to come back, wondering what else he had in store today. Maybe some Christmas shopping, since it was Christmas tomorrow.

“I’m back!” he announced, as he suddenly grabbed my shoulders, scaring the life out of me.

I kicked the table in surprise and clutched my chest.

“Gosh Daehyun! Why’d you do that for?!” I complained as he walked around and sat in front of me.

“Easy target,” he winked.

I rolled my eyes.

“So what did you get us?”

“Food and drinks.”

“Oh really? We’re in a café, I would have never guessed,” I snapped.

He turned and pointed to a worker walking towards us with food and steaming drinks.

“There! She’s coming!”

As he ogled the food as it was placed in front of us, as if it was the most precious thing in the world, I giggled. Daehyun and his food.

She placed the slice of apple pie with ice cream and a slice of cookies and cream cheese cake as well as two steaming mugs of whatever he ordered, on the table and started to walk back to the counter. Just as she did, she turned around and smiled at us.

“You guys are so cute together!”

I blushed furiously.

“We’re not dating…” I mumbled.

“Oh… that’s a shame…”she replied before walking off.

We ate and drank our drinks, which I discovered was a Choc-chip chai latte and a gingerbread latte, in silence. By the time we were done, Daehyun sat there, staring at me. I stared back with my eyebrow raised, trying to figure out what would happen next.

“So we’re not dating?” questioned Daehyun.

“What?”

“You, me, alone in a café…”

I stared at him, wide eyed. He laughed.

“Ailee, can’t you see?”

I pretty much stopped breathing at that moment. Daehyun took a deep breath before continuing, his ears, growing redder and redder by the second.

“I like you. I’ve liked you for … a while now and I thought to surprise you with this Christmas date… So… will you go out with me? I mean, we are out now, but like… you know…” He looked away, face fully pink.

I grinned at him.

“So was this my surprise?”

He nodded furiously.

“Well… there is a bit more to it…So…”

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

“Yes.”

“Yes?” He looked at me, half confused, half smiling.

I grabbed his hand and laced my fingers in his.

“What more can there be?”

“This.”

He walked over and kissed me on the top of my head. My cheeks were beginning to hurt from all that smiling. He grabbed my hand and led me out of the café.

“To the park!” He grinned.

“In this weather?!”  

He didn’t reply, so I just let him lead me wherever. Best Christmas, more like Christmas Eve, ever.

Daehyun’s P.O.V

SHE SAID YES! Jung Daehyun, you can die a happy man now!

I lead her to a nearby park and as soon as we got there, I lay in the snow.

She looked down at me and gave me a face which pretty much said I was crazy.

“Lie down with me.”

Her eyes widened.

“Are you crazy?! We’re going to end up walking around with wet clothes! It’s freezing!”

I sat up and pulled her down.

“Let’s make snow angels.”

I grabbed her hand and held it while moving my free arm and legs to form the angel. She lay still for a while before slowly doing the same.

When we were done, I helped her up and while she brushed off the snow from her clothes, I did the same and stood to admire our handiwork.

“We’re snow angels!” I stated.

“Crazy,”  she muttered.

“You’re dating a crazy guy. Be proud,” I joked as I pulled out my phone.

I pulled her close to me and held up my phone.

“Smile!”

She giggled and squeezed my hand.

Best Christmas season ever.