Life or Death

The Teudoong Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Without a second thought, The Princess leaned down and sealed her lips on her varlet, giving to mouth resuscitation which resulted in Momo violently coughing out all the unwanted water that has gathered within her lungs.

They are now on a rock near the waterfall, both trembling because of the cold water. Momo's head is on Mina's lap.

"Are you all right?" Mina asks her, obviously still teriffied of what just happened not long ago but Momo doesn't reply.

Instead she suddenly starts carresing The Princess' cheek without realising that this is real and she is not dreaming.

"Are you all right? Can you hear me?" Mina asks again, not even bothered of Momo's sudden actions as she was hours ago.

'She is not even using her status to take my hand and be bossy again. This must be the sweetest dream ever' Momo thinks while carressing Mina's cheek.

But Mina is once again asking her if she is okay and now Momo starts panicking because she realises that this is real and she is touching The Princess' cheek.

'OH MY GOD I am ACTUALLY carressing The Princess' cheek' and without a second thought she pushes Mina away.

"I am deeply sorry. I didn't mean to touch you. I mean I thought it's someone else. I thought. I am sorry. I won't do it again" Momo is in a state of panic right now and tells any words that come to and now The Princess looks at her and is probably thinking that she is crazy.

Momo then takes a look at the precipe and the waterfall and then she looks again at Mina "You didn't jump off that cliff, did you?"

The Princess smiles awkwardly at her and nods and Momo doesn't know what forces captured her body at that moment but she hugs her "You saved my life, you really did!"

They both smile and Mina blushes at the sudden contact "I am actually a good swimmer" she awkwardly says.

"You are? You should have said that in the first place I would have jumped sooner" Momo starts laughing and Mina then joins her.

"Yes and I would have not hurt my precious hands."

Even if Mina is still laughing, Momo suddenly gets serious and she still doesn't know what forces posessed her but takes the princess' hands in her own "I am sorry you had to go trough this" and then she looks away "I should have been the one to protect you."

"You saved me and now we are equal. You can quit your job now" She says suddenly, laughing.

"Aaaand cut" Momo says "You are back to being the same pain in the you were a while ago."

......

Momo is finally home. Where she feels safe, where she feels like no matter what's happening in the outside world she is the happiest here.

"Welcome home, sister" She hears from afar "I prepared your favorite food, knowing well you will be hungry."

"Why are you still awake at this hour?" Momo jumps in surprise. She didn't expect her little sister to be awake at this late hour.

"You know I never sleep before you come back home, it's your fault, you were supposed to be home two hours ago."

Her sister is now accompanying her in the kitchen.

"Take a seat, you should eat with me" Momo gently says while already carrying two chairs to their table.

"So how was your first day?" Her sister finally asks.

"You are always so curious, Tzuyu-ya" Momo laughs but still tells her how her day went and how it is to work for the palace.

"Even though you already know how it is to work for the palace" she laughs "You have been an archer there for a year already, why are you still asking me?"

"That is true but I don't get to be near the Royal Majesty, I just barely get to meet the Commander that is not even a Commander anymore apparently. Not that I complain, Im Nayeon was not really a pleasure to meet."

"Im Nayeon? Why does this name sounds so familiar to me" Momo said that more to herself, didn't even intend to say that aloud.

"Maybe because you are working with her. I have heard she is now Princess' Mina personal guard, but now that I think about it she will probablly not do much since they got you to protect her."

"Yeah, anyways" Momo had enough of this subject by now "This food is too good to be made by you" Momo laughs "Have you ordered it just to brag about it to me?"

"Actually" Tzuyu shifts her gaze somewhere else and blushes all of the sudden "Chaeyoung made it, she visited me today."

"Chaeyoung? The daughter of that skilled palace artist, what was her name again?"

"Jiu."

"Right. Jiu."

"Chaeyoung is that girl that has a fondness for art, right? The one that always draws you?"

"Yes" Tzuyu's pink blush intensificates "I am surprised you remembered her. You never remember any of my friends and I dont even have that many" She giggles and takes a sip of the soup Chaeyoung prepared for her actually and not her sister but none of them has to know that.

"Maybe because she was the nicest amongst them and that actually had a conversation with me?" Momo says and takes a sip of the soup too "This is really good by the way, you can tell her that."

Tzuyu nods and Momo feels like continuing "And also she draws you all the time so I see her often. Does she draw you just because you have beautiful features or does she like you?" She giggles and Tzuyu's ears redden in an instant.

"So she does" Momo says, all serious now.

"She does" Tzuyu simply says, obviously shy and anxious of what her sister will say about that "but she is a girl and I don't think you will-"

"Stop" Momo shakes her head and gets up from her seat to go right next to her sister "You are the most precious person I have left in this world, Tzu. You know I have never lived by this world's rules so please, I am begging you not to continue that phrase" and then she gently kisses her sister's forehead "And besides I already know you two are girlfriends, I was just letting you to take your time and tell me" she winks at her and leaves to her room.

Tzuyu starts following her while screaming "You already knew? But how? We were always respectful and discreet."

"I know. I know you were but I saw the way you two look at each other. The way she was looking at you when she was drawing you. She had that look of being in love" Momo smiles "And I am happy."

"Even though you have to share my love?" Tzuyu shyly says. She knows how much Momo misses their parents and Tzuyu is the only one she has.

"Even though I have to share your love" but Momo tears up a bit "As long as you are happy, I am happy too."

Tzuyu hugs her and they stay like that in silence for some minutes when Tzuyu finally says "So? Tell me more, how was Princess Mina?"

Momo breaks the hug and pushes Tzuyu softly "You were waiting to ask this question since i walked through that door, don't you?" and they both start laughing. They know each other too well.

"I already told you how was my day" Momo simply said, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes, I know, but you haven't told me how is she perceived by your eyes."

Momo knows she won't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter