3 rounds

The Teudoong Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first round of the competition consisted in some writing tests, round that Lisa won.

For the second round, all of the participants are gathered in a room where the Royal Family is also present. This is an important round since Lisa had already won the previous one. Momo has to win this one in order for them to continue on the 3rd round which consists on fighting skills.

Princess Mina is there too and she locks eyes with Momo. Lisa sees it and clenches her fists out of anger.

But Momo wonders what Mina thinks. 'Is she happy that she is doing this? Was this a good plan or a mistake?'

Dahyun raises her hand, taking everyone by surprise and says "You must have all passed through the gates before reaching this place."

Everyone is nodding "Yes, indeed we did."

"Then, you must have seen it."

Princess Mina swallows, the tension in the air is chocking her neck, mostly because Lisa already won first round.

Everyone holds their breath for few seconds until Dahyun makes a gesture with her hand for Nayeon to continue.

"How many people not properly bedecked in hwarang attire did you notice on your way to the DTNA Hall?" Nayeon finally asks.

Everyone is shocked murmuring that they didn't see anything and look at each other in awe.

But...

Momo suddenly speaks, surprising everyone, a smirk appearing on her face: a total of six people.

She surprises everyone and all the eyes are on her. Jeongyeon is the only one who is not surprised. The thing Momo is good at is that she pays attention at every corner and every person everywhere she goes.

After few seconds when everyone catches their breath, Momo locks eyes with Mina and proudly says: two people's frontlets did not indicate any affiliation, three wore non-Hwarang garments, while the last one was carrying the kind of sword this kingdom does not use.

Nayeon and Dahyun look at each other in awe too and the latter whispers: we didn't even get to give out the clues.

After they realise what just happened, Nayeon announces: That is correct.

Dahyun then adds "and this was the subject of the competition's second event. Congratulations to Hirai Momo for winning the second round. You must all prepare for the 3rd round. You still have a chance."

Princess Mina smiles to herself but doesn't let others see it, mostly Momo. She is still upset that she didn"t tell her that she is participating or most importantly that she knows how to fight.

...

Someone grabs Momo's hand by surprise and drags her into a room. She cant see anything so she pushes the person away ready to fight but she stops the moment she realises the person in front of her is none other than The Princess.

"Your Highness" Momo bows, ashamed that she raised her hand to The Princess "Why would you scare me like that? Shall I help you with something?"

"How can you be so indifferent? Even now that I know the truth" The Princess says, her tone is colder than Momo would have expected.

But Momo doesn't say anything, she just looks over to a painting of Mina that is hanged on the wall.

"Would you mind paying me attention?" Mina snaps Momo out of her trance and she looks at her.

"I dont really know what shall I say to you, Princess. I don't think I owe an explanation actually. You shall talk about this with your brother, I assume" Momo says. Her tone is vague, thing that iritates Mina.

"So you joined this competition because my brother told you so?" Mina asks her. 'Why do I sound so upset about that?  Why does her response bother you so much, Mina?'

"Ah, that" Momo simply says "I thought you were talking about me being your varlet when instead I was just protecting you."

"I already talked about that moments ago with my brother. I am actually impressed how good you played your role or maybe I was too blinded because now that I look back, you did protect us few times" Mina smiles remembering how brave Momo was back then.

Momo just giggles. She is not really the type to know how to receive compliments.

Mina says once again "So my brother also sent you to this competition to protect me" Mina smiles "I appreciate that you accepted."

Momo blushes, avoiding Mina's eyes "That was actually my idea. Your brother just helped me participate."

At that time, they hear the gong sound which means the last round is almost starting 'the most important one' Momo thinks while exiting the room, leaving The Pricess behind.

"If I win, it means you get a chance" Momo screams while heading to the place where the next round is held.

Mina blushes when hears that and puts her hand to her chest 'Why is my heart beating so fast?'

And Momo does the same thing.

...

"We shall start the first round of this competition" Dahyun announces everyone and suddenly Mina's heart starts beating so much 'Why is my heart beating so fast nowadays? I am not even participating myself in this contest? '

"Mina?" Sana asks her, worried that she still didn't answer her question.

"What is it?" Mina turns her soft gaze towards Sana and the latter starts giggling.

"I was asking you if you are okay but apparently you were in deep thoughts" Sana always finds ways to .

Mina blushes when Sana mentions this "Excuse me, my dear, I was not paying attention but if I shall answer your question I am actually okay, just that I feel a lot of emotions right now."

"Because of the competition? Because you might get married to the wrong person? Or because you might get the right person? Or..." She starts smirking, Mina already anticipating what's coming next "Or that Momo is participating?"

Mina blushes that even her ears get red but she is saved by Dahyun's words "Let the first round begin."

And all of the attention is on the first battle.

First battle that includes Momo.

The first competitor is Soobin. One of Lisa's people as Momo can recall. Soobin starts showing some unexpected moves while Momo doesn't even move an inch, unimpressed of his moves. He still continues to make a show with his moves, jumping from side to side and Momo had enough of it so she runs towards him, makes a jump and hits him in the chest with her right leg. She just uses this single powerful move and puts him on the ground. He doesn't move at all and Dahyun goes to them.

He is unconscious, but still breathing.

Dahyun takes Momo's hand and announces her as the winner of this round.

Everyone is impressed as she finished this round within minutes, using a single move. Lisa was watching it from afar, quite impressed too but still unbothered by it.

.....

Three days passed.

We shall hereby commence the first semifinal round.

"Hirai Momo and Lee Know. You may come forward. Pay your respects" Dahyun announces and they all look to the Royal special arranged place and bows to them. While doing so, Mina locks eyes with Momo and the latter can see the worry in Mina's eyes.

Mina is worried and she is not the only one. They all worry about her because the next competitior is one of Lisa's best people.

"May you start!" Dahyun announces.

Lee Know is well composed but he is also known for playing dirty.

"Momo's greatest strength are her keen reflexes and her jumping. However, she hurt her ankle in the previous match and she will find it hard to jump with her left leg" He recalls his talk with Lisa since few minutes ago.

So he does it. He focuses on her left leg and attacks her untill she starts bleeding. Momo barely steps on it as she cant handle the pain.

Mina is really worried when she sees Momo's left leg full of blood so she stands up, surprising everyone but Sana is quick to catch her by her right wrist and the princess understands her even without words.

"She shall give up" Mina says, her eyes teary "She should have not participated in the first place."

"Warriors don't give up that easily" Jeongyeon interrupts.

At that exact moment, Momo uses a secret tactic that Jeongyeon taught her recently. She balances herself on her right leg so she could protect her left. They are all amazed, including Jeongyeon because she wasn't expecting her to use that. Jeongyeon looks over to Dahyun and Nayeon and they are amazed by it because only the three of them can master it and it took them yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter