Waterfall

The Teudoong Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Princess Mina wanted to take a little walk, closer to the palace this time. Momo is amazed of what places exist in this universe as they are taking a walk in a forest is what Momo assumes it is but she was in awe because of the trees' size and how fresh the air feels. Princess Mina said it was okay just for the two of them to go there because she wanted to relax a little and escape the tumult of the castle. What Momo couldn't understand is that Mina doesn't like to have many people around her so that's the reason they went alone. They were walking in silence but that didn't bother Momo in any way, it was peaceful...

... not until Mina started to scream out of nowhere, act that startled Momo. Without noticing, Mina was already much further than where Momo was so she started to run towards her thinking something bad happened "I cant believe I am here for two hours and we already got problems" Momo softly says to herself.

"You must never leave my side!" Mina ordered out of nowhere, her voice a little raised for Momo's displeasure "Now take these woods in front of me so I can get through."

Momo is looking at her, obviously pissed because of Mina's tone. She is not used with this kind of treatment, mostly that she just arrived here.

"You don't even know my name but you are suddenly using your 'Princess' authority?" Momo says, trying to be as calm as she could.

"What do you mean my 'Princess' authority? As far as I know you are my varlet therefore you have to be by my side and fulfill my orders!" Mina's voice is still raised, not even looking at Momo.

It's not usual for Mina to get frustrated with things like these, not even herself knew what was going on.

"At least you should look into your people's eyes when you give an order" Momo narrows her eyes, already hating this.

"Being your varlet doesnt imply I have to treat you like a baby, My Princess, I am not your guard or whatsoever" Momo says, turning her back angryly, going forward.

But not even after few seconds she reconsiders her actions and Jeongyeon's words from that day echoing in her head 'You have to take care of the princess with any price'.

'Oh, Jeongyeon, these people better be paying me a lot of money for the I'm going trough, I mean look? I am a babysitter now!' She returns to Mina to help her, but still angry at the situation.

After Momo makes way for Mina to pass the latter trips but Momo is quick to catch her.

"How dare you lay your filthy hands upon my precious body" Mina screams at her, irritated because of the conversation they had earlier.

Momo rolls her eyes 'she clearly has some problems'.

When Momo gives her some space after the incident she is quick to notice that a snake is on Mina's leg.

"There is a snake on your leg, My Lady" She casually says.

Mina screams, frightened. If there is anything in this world that's going to scare Mina, it is snakes. "Take it off, now! Now!" She orders, screaming her lungs out.

Momo is getting offended by the tone the Princess still uses. 'She is a princess you must help her' she thinks 'oh, to hell with that, even a princess should have manners.'

Momo gets down to help Mina but stops right before taking the snake of her leg and says "But... how can I lay my filthy hands on you, my Princess?" She smirks at Mina and turns her back to leave.

"Stop there at once and help me" Princess Mina demands.

Momo can't handle her tone anymore "You know what, Your Highness, from now on I am not longer your varlet" she bows and turns her back to Mina.

"It doesn't even matter. I am still your princess and this is an order so you have to help me!" Mina raises her tone again and Momo can see the Princess' eyes darken all of the sudden.

Momo is looking at her for the first time, being a little surprised of the beauty in front of her but snaps back to reality in a second and says bitterly "But what can you do, my Princess? You can't run, you seem to trip when all you do is walk, is there even anything that you can do on your own?"

Still looking at her, Momo continues, clearly hurt about how Mina treated her on her first day "Let alone showing some courtesy. Should the entire world kneel before you? Just because you are The Princess."

Mina suddenly lets out a tear after she hears those words coming from Momo's mouth. It came like a splash of water on the face 'Why am I like this with a stranger, she didn't do anything wrong' Mina thinks 'She is not even the reason you are like this in the first place.'

'But look how she treats you. No one has ever done that. No one dared to say the truth' Another thought, another tear.

But Momo continues, she had been dealing with shameless and powerful girls like Mina for years now and is clearly not impressed by her tears "If your Highness devoid any skills you should at least ingratiate your way out of problems" Momo rolls her eyes.

Few seconds pass in silence and Momo comes to her senses once again when she hears Mina's quiet sobs. She tries to be calm and wants to try again by taping Mina on the shoulder "Ask for me to remove that snake, with courtesy."

Mina didn't move an inch since then, she was trembling of fear at this point "P-please" she mumbles "I am asking you. I am afraid of snakes so I cant take it myself."

Momo eventually catches the snake with her bare hands, looks at it and says "It's not even poisoniuous" and starts laughing at her.

Mina then, with tears in her eyes, looks at Momo for the first time and even if her gaze is not as dark as it was before at the sight of Momo the latter can see that the Princess is really angry.

So in the seconds that follow Momo can't explain what just happened. In a split of two seconds precisely her cheek is welcomed by the warmth of the Princess' hand.

The Princess just slapped Momo.

Offended by what the princess di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter