Trustworthy people

The Teudoong Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"General Dahyun" Prince Daniel shouts "Why are you so hard to find when I need you?" He starts laughing while approaching her.

"Your Highness, how shall I help you?" Dahyun bows.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that? You are my best friend" The King rolls his eyes and lightly pushes her on the shoulder.

"I have to accommodate to it if you don't want me to end up calling you "brother Daniel" in an important meeting" She starts laughing at her comment.

"But you can call me like that... but just when we are in family" Daniel giggles and takes Dahyun by her arm "Let's take a walk by the lake. I have to talk something with you, Dahyun."

"By the tone you use it must be something important. Is Mina okay?" Dahyun asks worriedly.

"How do you know about Mina?" Daniel is a little surprised, he didn't expect her to know "I thought few know since I've told them to be discreet about the situation but apparently they spread this like some sort of gossip."

"No, no, it was not like that" Dahyun reassures him. "I was with S- with Lady Sana when she found out about Princess Mina."

"You were with my Sister? You spend more time with her than you do with me, your best friend and we haven't trained in a while because you always seem to be busy. Are you still worried about the incident she had?" Daniel is obviously getting too curious about their closeness.

General Dahyun blushes at the statment but doesn't say anything and Daniel looks at her in confusion.

They keep on walking around the lake.

"Anyways" Daniel breaks the silence "I want to talk about something important and I know I can trust you with my life so that's why I am asking you this favor."

Dahyun is known to be the right-hand of the Prince, his very loyal adviser and besides being the General she is also the Chief of the Royal Guard.

"Of course. After all, I am here to serve you." Dahyun smiles at him.

"Actually this is more of a personal request" Dahyun nods, understanding that this is something really important "You were right, it is actually, in fact, about Mina" He finally says.

"Is she okay?" Dahyun asks again, obviously worried.

"Yes, she is. For now. You, more than anyone, know how dangerous it is to take part of the Royal family and I am sure those people will come again after her, knowing it can hurt me more through her, through my wife, through Sana or through everyone I deeply care rather than actually send an arrow to my heart" The King admits.

"So you are here to request me to have a talk with Jeongyeon."

Dahyun understood exactly what Daniel was asking her. He needed someone to be trusted, someone with knowledge in the art of fighting but not any kind, he needed a personal guard in disguise that will protect Mina with their own blood if necessary and Jeongyeon is obviously the right person.

Jeongyeon is known for being the Gukseon - the Grand Master of the Hwarangs (members of the Hwarang and team leaders of the Nangdo - team members).

[Wikipedia note adapted to my fic: Hwarang, also known as Flowering Knights, were an elite warrior group of male and female youth. There were educational institutions as well as social clubs where members gathered for all aspects of study, originally for arts and culture. If they decide to serve the Crown then they must serve it with their own blood.]

"Thank you so much, Dahyun, I knew I could count on you" King Daniel pats her on the shoulder.

"And as always the pleasure is all mine, you know I would do anything for you and your family" General Dahyun bows and starts smiling at him.

"Especially for my sister Sana" Prince Daniel teases her.

Dahyun blushes at the statment.

"Anyway" Dahyun starts "You still have to find her a guard so people won't get suspicious that you just got her a new varlet."

Daniel nods "That's right and I already have a trustworthy candidate for that spot but I dont know if she is going to agree" he starts laughing "because she had never done that but I just want her to be there for my sister because I need people that I can trust."

"Do not tell me is who I think it is" Dahyun laughs "I mean with all due respect Your Highness, but she is the Grand Commander and only fought on the battlefield with other soldiers, guiding them into fights, she has no clue about being a personal guard" Dahyun is not sure about Daniel's decision this time.

"But she is also the Prime Minister, she knows everything about me, my family and all the corners of the palace. The most important thing is that she's a person we can trust and we can count on anytime, you know that."

"Yes, I know" Dahyun admits and decides to trust him on this decision "There's not a lot of people here who we can trust one hundred percent so she is a safe candidate to choose. I wish you good luck with that, she is not someone to just stay and protect one person ... but someone who protects thousands of them."

"She has to accept" The King says firmly "because at this point I really can't think of anyone else to do this and also to be discreet about it."

"If you put it like that ... she has to accept it, there is no way she can refuse her King after all."

"Now that you put it like that, I really do believe she will actually refuse me" He starts laughing "But I guess if she doesn't do it for her King, at least she can do it for Mina because we all know that she loves her more."

They both start laughing this time and part ways after some minutes of walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter