The Varlet In Disguise

The Teudoong Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Dahyun left Jeongyeon's place the latter went to meet with her disciple and convince her to take part of this plan.

She arrives at the training booth and calls her name and her disciple instantly smiles at her, running towards her.

"There you are" she says excited "We were waiting for you to come and train with us" She does little jumps, obviously happy that Jeongyeon is there with them "I just have one more week here so I am trying to spend a lot of time with everyone and I appreciate that you let me stay as much as I want."

"You know you are always welcomed here and we can always meet up whenever we want to" Jeongyeon smiles at her and pats her head like she always does.

"I know. I know" Her disciple smiles widely at Jeongyeon.

"And you should bring your sister sometimes. Maybe she will like this and will also take this path."

"Now that you mention about that" her disciple starts "she is actually a great archer and I know you dont have many people good at it so I am sure you will be happy to train her and I can also be more peaceful if I know she is here with you" She pauses "Well, when she is not with that close friend of hers, of course."

"I'd love that. You know how much I appreciate unique fighters" she starts laughing because she is also reffering to the person in front of her which is the best fighter she had in years "Also maybe her friend can come along too?"

"Maybe just to spectate?" she giggles "She doesn't seem to be into fighthing. I only know she is the daughter of a skilled palace artist and thus has a fondness for art so she mostly makes art rather than develop fighthing skills?"


"Wait I think you mentioned it once? and we found out she is a friend of my friend" Jeongyeon says, referring to her friend Dahyun.

"Yes, right" She simply says.

Jeongyeon doesn't know how to open the subject with her disciple since is a hard task to ask for. I mean she has always liked dangerous tasks but she doesnt think this is the path she wants to take.

"What are you thinking about so much?" Her disciple breaks the silence.

Jeongyeon is startled "I have something really important to talk with you, Momo."

"It must be very important since this is one of the few times you call me by my name" Momo recalls.

"In a week you are done here, I am sure you have learnt a lot...But you still have to grow even more so I want to ask you first what do you want to do after this?" Jeongyeon asks softly.

Momo is quite taken aback hearing the question "I actually have no idea what to do next" She quietly laughs, a forced and a sad laugh Jeongyeon recalls.

"We already talked about this though and you have so many options" Jeongyeon questions.

"I know, I just ... nothing of those things is worth my interest...at least if they were well paid" She starts laughing "You know I have a sister to take care of."

"Why?" Momo continues "Do you have something in mind?"

"I actually do" Jeongyeon admits " and this is not coming from me as your master but coming from me as your family but to be honest I dont know if you are going to like it."

Momo nods "I think is worth a try so spill it, I promise I will think more about it if it's coming as a personal request."

Jeongyeon proceeds to tell her everything about Dahyun's request of someone to be Mina's disguised varlet and some stories about The Royal family " and well it is also well paid since we talk about the Royal family here but it is also something you might not want to do..."

"...and I get it but I hope you will accept it and take it as a challenge on behalf of me."

Jeongyeon continues talking when she sees Momo doesn't say anything "I know you always wanted to work with humble people and that you were never really interested in the palace, but..."

"So you are telling me this is a request coming from His Majesty The King himself?" Momo not even believing what she is saying "Can you tell me more about him? Or about the princess? I would like to know what type of people they are first. I need to know if they are worthy enough to the point where I am willing to give my all. If they can make me forget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter