Listening to my Head

Jeti Drabbles - May Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fluff unspecified relo but implied) sick + carer trope, school AU could totes be in the same universe as drabble no4, 700~

 

 

Jessica was never particularly good at listening to her head. Her emotions would get the best of her, she’d say things she didn’t mean, and she wouldn’t shake off a hurtful comment until she cried. But it also meant that she was impulsive, she listened to how she felt, and that if she wanted to, she would walk home in the rain and fall asleep in bed without changing because she was too tired. 

 

It comes as no surprise to anyone that she ends up sick and bedridden. It also came as no surprise that she went to school the next day nonetheless and passed out in the middle of the second period. So she was sent back to her dorms, told to rest, and Jessica found herself snoozing the day away. 

 

That is until she woke up in the afternoon after classes ended to someone entering her dorm. 

 

“Jessica, what is wrong with you?” 

 

Jessica is a heavy sleeper but the sound of Tiffany screaming her name, not Jessi, not Sica, but Jessica, sent fear all over her body. Her eyes shot open and Tiffany’s at her doorway, hand still gripping the handle. 

 

“Do you know how worried we were when we heard you collapsed in the hallway?” 

 

“It was in my physics cla-” 

 

“Don’t talk back to me, Jessica.”

And Jessica doesn’t. She recognises that tone and even though she likes to push buttons and test boundaries, Jessica knows that if she wanted to stay alive, she’d best be silent.

 

“God, you are so infuriating! And it’s because you walked in the rain? Are you serious, Jessi?” 

 

Jessica isn’t sure what to do. It’s one thing to be quiet, but she is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter