Can I Sleep in Your Brain

Jeti Drabbles - May Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Fluff, literally the sequel to drabbleno4 and perhaps could even be the prequel to drabbleno15 wow, library time, sleepysica kinda, author is projecting, 800~

“I’m never reading a single word ever again!”

 

Jessica proclaims this loudly to the library which garners her a lot of glares. She doesn’t seem to pay any attention, she actually doesn’t even seem to have noticed, for she slumps down in her seat, arms by her sides, and head falling back to hit the seat, her eyes closed. 

 

“Jessi, we’re in a library!” hushes Tiffany, who takes on the repercussions by smiling apologetically to those disrupted. 

 

“Don’t care,” she groans out, and although she has toned down her volume, Tiffany knows her statement is true and that Jessica had done so just because Tiffany had requested. 

 

Tiffany moves her chair closer to Jessica’s and takes hold of her limp hand. It fails around as Tiffany shakes it. 

 

“You’re almost done, Jessi. The entire semester’s work and effort rests on the final push.”



“I hate this subject.” 

 

“You major in it.”



“I’m on the verge of switching.”

 

It is that sentence that catches Tiffany’s attention, a new statement that she hadn’t heard before, or even knew she was contemplating.

“Wait, really? I thought you were going to pursue something in it, and you’re so good.”



Jessica shrugs, not looking back at Tiffany who is gazing at her with intense inquisitiveness. 

 

“Not my passion. I'd like to do something with this, but then I’d dream of scholarly articles, deep dives, niche analysis, exploring the endless possibilities of heteroglossia, and what’s the point of doing something when I’d still yearn for the other?”

 

She turns to face Tiffany who is processing this revelation, as well as trying to decode whatever nomenclature Jessica had dropped on her, and looks at her in the eyes. 

 

“I want to do literature.”

 

And Tiffany doesn’t question her for a single second longer. 

 

“I think it’ll be great, Jessi,” she smiles both in encouragement as well as in delight that Jessica has decided to go after what she truly desires. 

 

And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter