The Right Thing is Hard to do

Jeti Drabbles - May Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Vague af, everything is vague see bottom for A/N, second chance kind of, beach sunset, destined but messy, 600~

The ocean tosses relentless waves with seething foams that crash against the shore. The wind has grabbed to the ends of their hair and the sun is sliding past the edge of the water, leaving streaks of diminishing lights for the world to revel in. 

 

Cue Tiffany and Jessica, camped up on the jeep borrowed from their friend that Tiffany had to learn to drive just a couple of hours before they had set out. There’s a blanket draped over the two, more so on Jessica than Tiffany who’s finding it colder without a jacket on. Jessica gazes out at the line where the sun is retreating with one of her legs propped up. Tiffany leans back with her arms behind her in order to support herself, and she steals a glance at Jessica this time. 

 

There’s the sun in her eyes, and Tiffany knows soon that there will be stars in Jessica’s. 

 

Silence has wrapped the two in a comforting embrace, there’s an urge to fill it in with their words, but it feels a shame to break it. 

 

So when Jessica moves to lean on Tiffany without even looking back to see if she is there, Tiffany moves so that she can stay in her pose and hold Jessica for as long as the sun may rise and set. 

 

Jessica shifts in her spot only to move the blanket so that it rests more comfortably over the two. Their legs touch underneath it, but Jessica’s hands are resting on her knees and Tiffany has one planted by Jessica’s side. 

 

Sunlight escapes past behind them, and though ostentatious and beautiful, the sunset only lasts so short. As the last ray breaks the furthest waters of the ocean, Jessica lets out a breath neither were aware she was holding. 

 

“This has been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter