Bed of Roses

Jeti Drabbles - May Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fluff, anniversary traditions, Yurihater Tiffany, flirtyul, 1.4k

It had started off as something simple and sweet. When Tiffany had confessed to Jessica, she held a rose behind her back the entire time, only gifting it to her after her long speech with shaky hands. Then, for Valentine’s, Jessica returned the favour, surprising Tiffany with two roses; one at the start of the day and another at the end. It soon developed into their thing, at every milestone, they would bring one more rose than the other did previously. 

 

Tiffany does still think it’s sweet, and she knows Jessica does too because she still does it but the number has grown ridiculously high. So high that neither of the two remembers, they just purchase an absurd amount of roses each time. 

 

So she walks into her office that morning with coffee in a hand and a slight anxiousness to her. It was their anniversary, and this time it was Jessica’s turn to gift her the honours. She greets her workers with a smile, bowing her head at her colleagues as she walks past them. She passes Yuri’s desk who waves at her. 

 

“Oh right, you got flowers delivered today,” Yuri adds at the end as if an afterthought. 

 

Tiffany feels close up at the prospect of her office flooded with flowers and the slight embarrassment that would come with such a romantic gesture. She remembers the year Jessica had delivered them herself; Tiffany could barely see her head as she walked in stumbling, and she shudders in fear that the memory is returning to the present. 

 

“Thanks,” Tiffany says, clearing after. 

 

“Jessica’s so sweet. Is she coming in?” Yuri asks with a grin on her face. 

 

“Hey, she’s my girlfriend. Back off,” Tiffany responds, the possessive side to her jumping out despite her nerves. 

 

Yuri throws her hands up in surrender. “All yours.” 

 

Tiffany ignores Yuri who goes back to her tasks, and makes her way to her office, uninterrupted this time. She gulps as she rests her hands on the handle, hesitating before she pushes it forward to reveal her office. 

 

Neat. tidy. Exactly how she left it last night. Void of any red petal or sharp thorn, the office was empty. 

 

Tiffany tucks down the slightest feeling of disappointment as she walks over to her desk, sinking down in her chair. Already slumped and leaning back in the seat, she places her bag on the floor and the half-finished coffee on her desk, the ice cubes hitting each other and the walls of the cup. Supposing it was time to start on the day’s work, she opens the drawer where her latest files were kept and to her delight, she finds one single red rose laying atop the pile. 

 

It was enough to make her sit upright, almost leap out of her seat at the pleasant surprise. She picked up the rose, holding it carefully so as to not prick herself, and marvels at the blooming flower in front of her. The bulb is full and the deep red of the rose pops in the white office. She brings it to her, catching the scent of the flower that could summarise the entirety of her and Jessica’s relationship and she broke out in a smile. 

 

Tiffany stands up, taking the flower with her as she walks around the lounge rooms in hopes of finding a nice vase she could borrow for the day. 

 

Her mistake was passing Yuri. 

 

“So you found it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter