Hand-Me-Down Heart

Jeti Drabbles - May Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Canon au implied Jeti, taeyeon's little view, prompt is implied through how Jessica feels, 900~ words 

 

Jessica had been sulking in the middle of their living room and the rest of the girls kept their distance. It’s late at night now and with a schedule for the next morning, most of them are heading off to bed. 

 

“Should we do something?” Yuri whispers to Taeyeon who stands in the kitchen with a glass of water in hand. 

 

“I don’t think we can,” she responds. “I have a feeling this isn’t about something of our business.” 

 

Yuri purses her lips. “Still, she’s our friend. And we are business, everyone’s business is our own.”

“I know, but I mean that right now, this stage, it isn’t for anyone here to take upon themselves.” 

 

Yuri looks at Jessica and then back to Taeyeon hesitantly. 

 

“Go to bed, Yuri,” Taeyeon adds quietly. “We’ve got an early day tomorrow, don’t worry yourself about tonight.” 

 

“Okay,” Yuri says after some time. “Get some rest soon, Taeyeon.” 

 

“Of course,” Taeyeon says, and they both know she’s lying. 

 

Yuri takes her leave and can only hope that whatever Taeyeon is waiting for happens soon. It doesn’t, not at all actually, and Taeyeon found herself mindlessly watching Jessica brood for the next hour or so but eventually it does come. More like she does. She does come back home, that is. 

 

There’s a click at the entrance and Jessica doesn’t respond, at least from what Taeyeon can see. The door is pushed open and Tiffany pops inside, sliding her shoes off after the long day. She lets out a sigh as she closes the door silently, and muffles a gasp of surprise as she spots Taeyeon in the middle of the kitchen. 

 

“Were you up waiting for me?” she whispers. “Did I do something wrong?” 

 

“No, you’re fine,” Taeyeon answers as Tiffany comes closer, moving the same glass of water she has been holding from one hand to the other. “But yes, I was waiting and I’m not the only one.” 

 

Taeyeon gestures her head towards their living room where Jessica hasn’t moved an inch and she watches as Tiffany’s gaze follows. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter