Lightning in a Bottle

Jeti Drabbles - May Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Fluff, unlabelled relo, 800~ words, kinda vague with the prompt tbh

 

“My exams are killing me!” Jessica cries out from the desk, sinking even further into her seat as she groans. 

 

“You only have two more. You’ll be done by Tuesday,” says Tiffany from the couch in encouragement, eyes glued to the screen playing a rerun of all the Harry Potter movies. 

 

“You can only say that because you’ve finished all yours!” comes the whiny voice again. 

 

Tiffany has nothing to say against that, the girl is right, so she just hums in acknowledgement as she closes her eyes upon realising that they were already up to the scene where Hedwig dies. She decides to get up, stretch her limbs, and get far far away from the tear-jerking moment playing on the screen. 

 

She finds Jessica at her desk, pouting at her textbook as if it may suddenly make her exam disappear. Tiffany wraps her arms around Jessica from the back, resting her head on her shoulders as she feels a pair of hands holding her. 

 

“How’s the prep going?” Tiffany asks, her voice all muffled with pressed close to Jessica’s neck. 

 

“Terribly,” comes the reply. 

 

“I’m sure it’s not too bad,” says Tiffany.

 

“How am I supposed to know some of these things? And this is my worst topic too! Whatever, how’s Harry Potter going? Is Emma Watson hot yet?” 

 

“So hot.” 

 

Jessica laughs and Tiffany smiles knowing that the pout (borderline scowl, she thinks) is off her face. They stay in the silence for a moment before Tiffany breaks it. 

 

“Want me to study with you?” 

 

“Are you sure?” Jessica asks. “I mean, Harry Potter is literally on TV. And Emma Watson.” 

 

“I’m sure,” Tiffany says, unwrapping her arms around Jessica and sitting on the bed not far behind. “Teach me something you need to know.” 

 

“Alright,” Jessica says, turning around to flash a small smile to convey her appreciation. Tiffany smiles back at her, even as she turns around to search up a video.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter