Press effect.

After you..

L's POV

'We thought it might work' Sunggyu started.

'And it won't do any harm to try' Tiffany continued.

'So we sent a message to the press that Hoya and Yuri are in bad terms right now' Sunggyu added.

'How is that gonna help?' I asked.

'You don't know? That's how we had you and Yoona back together, we created a fan base, had multiple accounts and the demand went for you two went so high that the both of you had the 'Troublemaker' special stage' he replied.

'Oh! I get it! Since Hoya is having his comeback with INFINITE and Yuri is busy with her shows, Woolim and SM won't let their image be tarnished' I said.

'BINGO!' Tiffany said in English.

'And they would be forced to get together in public to show that they are fine' Sunggyu added.

'But wouldn't that hurt them? I mean, they need their space' Yoona said, concerned.

'But if it works well, it should be enough to overcome their misunderstandings' Tiffany replied.

'Alright, thats the best plan we have so far' I concluded.

 

Yuri's POV

'What?' I asked Manager oppa.

'It came straight down from Mr Lee Soo Man. You need to appear with Hoya in public and declare that nothing's wrong between you two' he replied.

'You want us to lie to the public?' I asked back.

'You want to lose both of your jobs as well as the rest of SNSD and INFINITE?' he asked.

'The public is fickle Yuri. Bad reputation and down you go.. And you'll be forgotten in a few years.' he added.

I sighed.

What could I do?
---------------------------

I went to the hotel for the press conference.

Cameras flashing everywhere.. Bright lights..

I'm now waiting in the car for Hoya to arrive.

You know, we have to arrive together.. These media people will surely be suspicious if we arrive separately.

I saw his car parked next to me.

I went out.

'You're late' I said.

'Sorry about that. I was eating with my girlfriend' he replied.

Girlfriend? So they really got together?

Relax Yuri, Relax. You can't cry. There are a lot of people here.

We entered the hotel lobby.

I felt him grab my arm.

Normally, I wouldn't let him, but the situation calls for it, right?

 

Hoya's POV

I grabbed her arm.

I still remember how I used to caress them.

They are still smooth as I remember them to be.

I let out a smile and we waved to the cameras.

We sat down and we had the cue to speak.

'We would like to inform you that there is nothing wrong between Yuri and I. We are in good terms with each other' I said.

'Then why do you think the rumour started. You know, it takes two to clap' a man from the press asked.

'Hoya and I are busy with our activities. Maybe its due to our increasing fame that gained us some anti-fans who are determined to break us apart. But I am glad to inform you that their attempts are not successful, our relationship is strong enough to withstand these problems' Yuri replied.

'So you two trust each other fully?' another man from the press asked.

Yuri did not answer. She was just looking blankly on the table.

'Uh.. Yes, of course. Take We Got Married for example, Doojoon and Yuri were a couple but it did not affect us at all' I lied.

'Then what about you and Ah Young. Reports say that you two are going out' a lady asked.

'Going out doesn't necessarily mean dating' I replied.

'Oh. In that case, why don't you give us a strong kiss to prove to us and all those watching that your relationship is still going strong' a lady asked.

Oh dear.

I looked at her and she just stared blankly somewhere else.

I leaned in towards her and kissed her on the lips.

She did not oblige like before but everyone else seemed to buy it when they cheered.
---------------------

'Yuri-yah' I called out after we got away from the hotel to our cars.

She turned back.

'What?' she asked.

'Good job' I said.

'Looks like we are both good liers. I learn from the best- YOU' she replied bluntly before going in her car.

 

Yuri's POV

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I drove out.

It hurts.. He found someone else.

Why do I care anyway? Its his life

 

======================

Author's note: In case you guys are confused, this story is a sequel to another story and in that story, L and Yoona had a fight and INFINITE and SNSD created a fanbase that made demand for MyungYoon very high and they got together and their relationship went better. Also, in that story, HoYul was known to the public, hence, the press was interested when word got around that they were not in good terms and broke up. Feel free to ask if still confused :)