Chapter 8: The truth

Escaping to Shinee's dorm

 

Good afternoon,” I greeted them first. I prepared today’s lunch with a little more effort than normally. Maybe it was because of the gratefulness for them, or rather attachment I am gradually having.

Good… good afternoon,” Taemin said in surprise. It was the first time I initiate greeting.

“Good afternoon,” Onew said naturally as he took his seat. Minho, Key both said greetings like usual. Jonghyun walked into the room as he normally would. Somehow, I smiled the instant he came in. No matter what, this is my true home.

Guys, I will brief you on today’s schedule.”  Manager took a seat at the table. I just sat there, eating, listening but not understanding. I packed their lunch boxes after the meal. I sent them off as I pass them each a lunch box. Each of them all said thank you, and headed out. Jonghyun stopped his track in front of me. He reached his hands out, holding a white envelope. On top on it writes, To Paige. I smiled, taking the letter.

I settle down to rest after the house was quiet. Then I took the letter out, opening it very carefully. Inside it was Jonghyun’s fanciful hand writing.

Paige,

To explain the unexplained, I wrote this letter.

But first, I want to apologize for being me. To me, you are like an invader in our house. I was defensive, not wanting any of this to fall. I want SHINee to stay as it is. However, I forbid myself to do so on that day. When I heard you did not come home, I had to find you. Without any direction, I ran out. That was there, in that dark alley. You might ask how, but I wouldn’t know. I guess it is lucky I found you.

However, that night, your expression puzzled me. It wasn’t fear; either was it showing signs of running. I was really bewildered, where did that determination came from? That second, I knew I have to take you away. You made me realize how protective I was of you. To me, you seem like what music is to me in my life.

Back at home, I realize what the meaning behind your expression was. There was something haunting you. It was what I thought back then. That defensiveness when you just came, it seems like you are waiting for someone to attack you any time. I am curious as to the reason why. So can I be waiting for you to tell me, Paige?

Kim Jonghyun

I sat there, reading. How well did he understand me within such a short time? I thought of my horrible past. Somehow, we felt the same. A horrible past that caused one to lose these emotions this important.

His words slowly processed into my brain. They were all the words I wanted to hear, or maybe I thought so. Thinking long and hard, I sat there all day. As the sun set, I folded the letter back into the envelope. My answer has already been there the whole time. All I need is to convey them.

That night, I waited for them to come home. I grew tired and eventually fell asleep till I sensed some movement. It was the first time I fell asleep defenselessly in this house. I opened my eyes, and saw Jonghyun. He stopped whatever he was doing and looking closely at me. Although it was dark, I knew we are staring at each other.

“Welcome back,” was all I managed to say after long while.

“Sorry,” He said in English. He covered me up with a blanket and sat on the floor, in front of me. I reached my hands up his face, slowly. He stayed still, without any intention of moving away. I traced his features with my hands, feeling his emotions. His lips turn up into a smile. In one swift movement, he was hugging me. Feeling the warmth he is spreading.

“Thank you,” I whispered into his ears, wanting to know how much I appreciate him. Jonghyun smiled, although I can’t see, I could feel it. I knew my answer all along. It was this. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello.(: don't know if this is tooooooooooooooooooo boring. But it's gonna get kinda love-dovey like .......next few chapters?(:

So.......i hope if you managed to read till here.comments please?(: