Chapter 6: Danger

Escaping to Shinee's dorm

 

I was left alone in the dorm the next day. I was pronounced as SHINee’s 2nd manager. It was all written in the papers today and the misunderstanding was taken care of, it had saved their reputation. 

I was in-charge of the chores as usual. I had to stock up the fridge today and got a map from Onew I took the purse, my knife and the map, started on my shopping trip. The path leading to the main route was easy enough. One way or another, I have confidence in Onew’s directions in these strange lands.

The directions on the map were clear, but with my bad sense of direction, I had difficult time finding the super market. Since young, I loved being in the super market because that is the only memory with my parents.

I took my time at the super market. Although there was a language barrier, I did not have a difficulty shopping as it did not really require any talking. My mood lightened up by the end of the shopping trip. The sun had already set.

I took my time on my way home, trying to enjoy the surroundings. My hands were filled and I struggled to get the map out. I couldn’t read properly under the dark streets.

Left, right, left, instructions flowed through my head. Then I become conscious of my surrounding. It was not familiar; this was not the way home. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. The dark alley encircled me; I took my defensive stance, on my absolute guard. I could hear the wind now. It was blowing harder than ever. I regretted not bringing a jacket with me.

Hey, pretty.” 3 boys approached me speaking in Korean. I tensed up. My natural instinct took me by surprise. It told me to avoid if I could, or to fight back. With the grocery, light and escaping was my only guide to safety.

Stop, we mean no harm, right boys?” They laughed, and broke into a run. They were too swift and reached me in seconds.

You are cute. Not Korean?” One of them managed spoke in English as he looked into my face. I said nothing, too used to this situation.

During my time with them, kidnap was like a daily thing. Almost everyone in the business industry knew about me. Thus, fighting back might be my choice. But fighting three to one was at a disadvantage, and I couldn’t reach for my knife. It might be risky. However, I couldn’t out run them, not with the things I was carrying. Maybe I should throw these things and run away…

Before I took action, a shadow flew across, charging towards the 3 boys. He grabbed my hands, and we took off before I could say anything. The hand felt safe, safer than I thought I would be. This is Korea. No one would be even bothered to come to my rescue. So, why did this person do this? My heart and mind were in the state of confusion. I looked at the back of the man rescuing me. It reminded me of my dad, the big hands when I was young. It was all too familiar. I smiled a little, thinking of that faithful day.

I surveyed my surrounding when we finally stopped. Both of us panting hard, I let go of my hands and gripped my knees for support. I was back at the dorm. How did this person know where to go? I glanced up at the manly figure.

It was him, Kim Jonghyun, the most unlikely person to turn up.