Chapter 19: Obsession

Escaping to Shinee's dorm

 

Goodnight, Hyung, Paige.” Minho said as he headed to his room. Jonghyun and I were sitting on the couch, as usual.

Jonghyun hummed my favorite song as he pulled a blanket over us. It felt safe to be in his arms once again.

“Oppa, I wanted to hear more.” I requested.

“Ask me anything.”

“How do you know One is my favorite song?” I asked. One was the tune he was humming every night. I could never guess why he knew that, without me telling him.

“I always hear you humming it whenever you go. You only listened to it once, and you remembered the song. So I thought you really like it to be able to memorize it upon hearing.” He chuckled.

“I did?” I was surprised.

“Yes, you did. You never notice it. You look adorable whenever you did that.”

“Then what is your favourite song?”

 “Obsession, I wrote the lyrics for it, and it is closely related, actually,” He hesitated, “To my story.”

I waited patiently while he prepared to tell me his story.

“When I was around your age or in fact younger, I found my first love. I experienced love for the first time. I was eager and curious about everything. I was obsessed with it. All my friends had found girl friends before I did. I wanted to meet my girl too. Then I found her. She was the prettiest girl in school, knows how to play almost every instrument, and was the president for student council and the school band.  Most guys wooed her, but she rejected each and every one of them, showing no interest in them.”

“Wow.” I was awed.

“Yes, that is the reaction most people would have.” Jonghyun nodded in agreement. “In fact I had the same reaction. She was a senior when I entered the school. I was attracted by her. Then, I got into the school band, as I love music, but a part of it was for her. We got closer as we spend time together in the club. I thought I was the happiest man in school then. As time passes, I got jealous easily, because all the guys surround her every day. Soon, my desire to keep her away from others grew stronger, strong enough to destroy everything. I wanted her even more, I was obsessed with jealousy. I was unsure and confused of what to do when I was like this.”

He stopped. I could sense him tensed beside me.

“Oppa?” I turned, reaching out for his face.

He smiled at me, leaning his face against my hand.

“If this is too hard…”I whispered softly.

“No,” He sat straight up, pressing his fingers on my lips, preventing me from speaking.

“I want to share it with you,” His voice strong and full of certainty.

“Then one fine day, she grew tired of me. She left me. Then I had to find out why, I was told that she left me for another man. I could not accept that, at that point of time. I was true to her, she was my first love, yet she cheated on me. I went looking for her, determine to find out. She confessed, even saying they already started while she was together with me. My heart was torn apart; the agony was hard to bear. I locked myself up. I was unsure and confused of what to do when I am like this. My heart seemed to be consumed by the devil, and I was like a person with dual personality. I was scared to leave the room, fearing that I would hurt anyone physically.”

“I know you won’t, Oppa.” I said too loudly.

He laughed.

“Thank you, Paige.” he whispered.

“But I had to think of some way to vent my feelings. Then I started writing, this song, Obsession. It held all my feelings. The boys were living with me when all these happened. They understood, and encouraged me to step out of my own room. I slowly recover, shutting my heart at the same time. I only had love for family, to these guys. They really are my lifesaver, without them, I don’t know what will happen to me.”

“They are great people.” I agreed.

“But the one who healed my heart fully is you, Paige.” His eyes grew soft as he looked at me.

“I told you before, how I felt when you first came. It is truly a miracle, like someone has sent an angel by my side.” He smiled.

He is an angel too, sent to pull me away from my hell.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hellos.^^

Just wondering...if anyone is reading...till this chapter...haha.ah well.^^ hope you guys enjoy the story.

And....soon.this story will end.but currently working on its sequel.

So, please look forward to it!^^ TY TY for all the subs & comments (: