Chapter 11: Hope

Escaping to Shinee's dorm

 

The next morning, the sun lit up the whole room. To able to see the sun in autumn was a rare thing. It was as if to tell me there was hope.

 I was beside Jonghyun the whole night, holding his hand. The members had gone home last night as they were having a schedule today.

When I ran out of tears, I started bothering the nurse every half an hour, requesting for a change of towel, asking them to check the drip constantly. Till morning 5am, I got exhausted and fall asleep beside Jonghyun. I stirred in my sleep, too worried to get much sleep.

Coming to conscious, I was blinded by the sunlight. I tilted my head up, stretching my body as I did so. I heard a soft chuckle. I turned my head in response to the chuckle. Jonghyun was up, watching me.

“Hey,” He smiled, dazzling as it could be. A tear welled up in the edge of my eyes. Jonghyun wiped it away with a kiss.

“I am fine now. Don’t cry.” He nudged my head with his hand. I sobbed, babbling my frustration. He my head, soothing me.

 “You saved me. I heard your voice calling out to me, the whole night. I trailed after the voice and find myself awake,” he still sounded weak.

“It is my fault, mine.” I shook my head and controlled my tears.

“No, it is has nothing to do with you.”

“I will call the others,” I mumbled, ignoring him as I picked up his phone on the table. They arrived in just half an hour.

“Well, the doctors say he is better now, but he still needs to be here for observation. And, this,” Onew pointed to Jonghyun, “is caused by stress and piling amount of work. He needs plenty of rest.”

I was relieved to hear that. The rest of the family had arrived, and chatting happily with Jonghyun. Meanwhile, manager hyung was making last minute calls to cancel Jonghyun’s schedule and finding all possible solution.

Let’s go. You will be late for schedule.” Manager Hyung rushed them through the door. They bided us goodbye unwillingly.

We will be back!” Taemin popped his head in playfully. Jonghyun winked at him and waved.

“Do you want to go home?” Jonghyun asked, looking at me. I was in a mess, my eyes were bulgy from all the crying, my short hair was like a haystack. I wanted to wash up but I could not leave him, not when he was so weak.

“No, just give me one sec,” I admitted and headed for the toilet. I splashed my face with cold water, and took a deep breath. I half ran back to the room, still worried about Jonghyun.

He held his hands out, reaching for me. I took his hands, my heart thumped unsteadily.

“Welcome back,” Jonghyun murmured.

“I was so afraid yesterday, you gave me a heart attack,” I confessed, and was about to cry again.

“No, silly. I am fine.” Jonghyun squeezed my hand, reaching out to my hair.

“Sleep, you need rest you know.” I pouted.

“Actually I am a little hungry,” He placed his hands on his stomach.

“Alright, I will get you some food.” I giggled. He must have been starving. He did not eat since yesterday. I got up and left the room, requested the nurse for some breakfast.

“Slowly, hot,” I blew the porridge. The nurse got Jonghyun some porridge and I fed him carefully.

“I want to hear you call JJong oppa once, you know.” Jonghyun joked.

“No, think of something else,” I questioned.

“Hmm… why not call me nam-pyeon?” Nan-pyeon meant husband in Korean.

“I think I will stick with Oppa.” I bit my lips. Jonghyun took another mouthful of porridge from my feeding hand.

“Oppa, I am curious about something,” I looked at his expression carefully. It was be a sensitive question to him.

“Well, let me hear it.”

“Will you tell me about your story? About her, the one who make you close your heart.” I spoke in a whisper. Jonghyun’s face changed, he was serious, frowning. He sighed. It was definitely a past that he did not want to recall.

“Next time, I will, when I am ready.” Jonghyun responded, giving me a weak smile.