Chapter 4: Closing in

Escaping to Shinee's dorm

 

We reached KBS station in about 1 hour time. I followed their lead through the station, awed by the station itself. What a large company. I got stares from the company crew as we walked pass. I could hear them murmuring as I walked pass. I ignored, who cares.

As they started to prepare for their performance, I sat in a corner, watching them. Fascinating it was to watch, but I was more disturbed to see Jonghyun being nice to others. He would bow politely, smiling and chatting merrily. Sourness, another strange human feeling…

I smiled, a fake one like usual, trying to act nice before they left the room for their performance.

During their performance, I was told to stay in the room. A television was in place, broadcasting the performance live. Their masterpiece was beyond my imagination.

They, SHINee, were awe- inspiring. My mouth hung open throughout the whole performance. This was the first time I had so much interest in entertainment. I was immersed with their performance. They look more than magnificent and spectacular. There weren’t any words in my dictionary that could describe them. They really do have talent, I admitted.

“Well, the last schedule is over!” Onew over the top when the last performance ended at 2am in the morning. I was almost out. They had a tiring schedule. As they climbed into the car, they were still filled with energy, singing along softly to music on the radio. I could see they were used to it more than I was.  Too worn- out to keep up with them, I let myself go into slumber whole journey back to the dorm. In the midst of my sleep, I could feel someone holding me, carrying me up the stairs. Someone whose scent was so familiar, but my eye lids are too heavy to open and identify the owner.

 I had the same dream that night. Jonghyun was standing there again, smiling. I want to smile together, but I could feel that there was something missing. This is not me. I need to stop being immersed with him.