Chapter 14: Jonghyun POV- safety

Escaping to Shinee's dorm

This chapter is Jonghyun POV.(:

 

 “Okay, guys, you have a trip to Singapore for album promotion. It will last around 3 days. We will set off in about 2 days. So, these 2 days all schedule are cancelled, just focus on practice.” Manager- hyung spoke in his fluent Korean.

We are going for a trip! Yes!! ” Taemin cheered. This kid was such a cute one.

Manager told us about our schedule, a place that we would be going, where her nightmare was. I quickly took at glance at Paige. She was at a corner, with ear piece plugged into her ears, sleeping like an angel. I sighed of relief.

Her past had haunted her badly. She looked too innocent to have such a past. I was vexed that those guys would find her someday. After hearing her life in hell, I felt I would need to protect even more than ever. She was too vulnerable.

Who would protect her while I was going to Singapore? Sure, I could bring her along with me. However, they would surely find her. I had to find a solution before I could tell her anything.

Hey, can you guys keep this from Paige? I do not want her to freak out.” I requested. The guys had heard about Paige’s story too.

Sure, don’t worry, Jonghyun.” Onew patted my shoulder. I turned back to Paige, my eyes set on her.

I had to think for a solution and quickly too. I only had 2 days to do everything: Finding the perfect way to not the guys ever to find her, and to someone to keep her safe in Korea.

I could ask my friends, but they were also busy with their schedule. Was there a possibility she could go Singapore? She could visit her parents. But would she want to go back? They would find her the longer we stayed there. I think one day was enough for those bastards to find her. I could not risk her like that.

“Oppa!” Paige jumped up on me. I was so concentrated on my thoughts that I did not notice she had woken up.

“You okay? You look really troubled. I have never seen you like this before.” She looked at me, her eyes full of concern. How could I leave her unprotected?

“It is nothing. Ready to go home?” I composed myself and smiled. I took her hand and led her home.

That night, I hold her into her sleep. She slept peacefully, her angelic face reflected under the moonlight. I could not help myself but smiled at her peacefulness. I could watch her sleep for the whole night, but forced myself sleep, knowing I would need all the energy tomorrow.

Oppa, time to wake up,” it was very pleasant to hear her speak Korean, although she only know a few sentence. Paige had a really cute voice that brings out Korean words in her own style.

I rubbed my eyes, looking around. It was already morning. The rest of them had already waked up, started on breakfast. I grinned at Paige. We left the house awhile later

“Oppa, I would be downstairs, with make-up noona, alright?” Paige asked, in the dancing studio. I nodded, and kissed her on the cheeks. She flushed. I loved it when she did that. It made her look like a tomato.

“Oh ya, I packed lunch. I left it at the corner. Don’t forget to eat!” Paige stopped at the door, waving.

“Fighting, Oppas!” Her head popped back in again. Everyone laughed. She was just too adorable.

I shook my head as I chuckled. There were more important things on my mind, things to arrange.

Hyung, we are starting.” Minho reminded me.

I was frustrated, but had to concentrate on my practice. I promised myself to make total and absolute preparation for everything, would even stay up overnight without sleep to prepare.

“sumul gotto chatji mothae nanun piharyogo assesso….” The song started.

1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8...1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8…

I collapsed against the wall after the training. This practice was hard to concentrate, with so many things in my mind. I knew I screwed it up. My progress did not meet my own expectations. And, I was utterly disappointed with myself, beginning to feel a little restless.

“Oppa?” Paige finished her make-up lessons. The rest of the members had gone back home, knowing that I would not give up till I reached perfection. It was comforting to see her, it made me feel relief.

“Oppa, are you alright?” she was now holding my face in her hands, kneeing to look straight at me.

“Silly Paige, I am fine.” I smiled.

“Thank goodness.” She smiled, like she never did before. It was not her usual cheery smile, it was different. It was a smiling so comforting and gentle, giving me a very safe sense of security.

“Don’t move,” I whispered softly. I took her hand that held my face, inching closer to her. I hesitated; fearing that I would upset her. But her face seemed to show no fear.

And then her soft glossy lips pressed very softly against mine. The kiss gave me a form of comfort, knowing she was there.

“Thank you so much for being you,” I whispered as our lips broke apart.

She would be safe, she must be.