Chapter one: Run away

Escaping to Shinee's dorm

 

I planned to run away, away from torture, away from everything I had to face.

 Somewhere other than Singapore: Somewhere overseas was the safest plan I could think of. No one could find me, not them either. I would take any chances.

Screams echoed through the airport.

“SHINee, SHINee, SHINee!” the airport was jam-packed with people.

I could pay no attention to commotion but the echoes of my thoughts: run, run, just run. I held an air plane ticket to Korea, a ticket that would release me from that hell and fly me far away.

To top it off, I could not see them appearing in my future, when I decided to go Korea that is. Everything in my vision just blurred, but I knew it was the right track.

Men in black suits and sun glasses were just behind these crazy fans. Oh no! I immediately ducked into the crowd and crawled through.

The manic fans were too occupied with their idol to even take a look at me. I was just right around the gate. I had to get there and quickly. I stumbled my way through the crowd, eyes on the gates. Then, I bumped into something or someone.

“YAH!” someone shouted before I could react. It had caused a commotion. I had to hurry!

“Sorry!” was all I could say, my escape was more important.

I straightened up and sprinted for the entrance without looking back. I lost them for good! I was free! Free from everything I detest. This definitely meant freedom.

The plan took a few months, done secretly. While brainstorming idea for the escape, I thought of everything in order to attain my freedom. I packed a very simple luggage for easy escape: a pair of jeans, a pair shorts, and couple of t-shirts, with around S$100 (about 88100won) in my purse.

The journey to Korea would take about half a day. Thus, I decided to replenish my energy. I slept my way through till a voice woke me up. They had caught up with me? Impossible! NO ONE knew I was going to Korea.

Heart beating fiercely against my chest as I took a glimpse…

 It was him. The one I had bump into at the airport. I recognized him, although it was just a glance. His voice was too distinctive. He was tall, charming, like a model that came out of the magazine. He even had a cute smile. Everything about him dazzled me. I could not take my eyes off him. It was too attractive, no, he was too attractive. Then he turned to look at me, as if I had called him.

I flushed and ducked down. What was I thinking, staring at him?

 

“This is it! Korea!” I encouraged myself, yawning involuntary after the few hours on the plane.

I was standing at Korea Seoul Airport. I closed my eyes, trying to use my visions to predict. It still won’t work. What was wrong with me?

Then a loud snap, something was broken, and my eyes snapped open.

I glanced down and realized my purse was gone! A burglar, on mike flew past.

There goes my asset and my new life. Why didn’t I see this? How could I survive without money? If I ran now, could I catch up with the burglar? I couldn’t, I was a lousy runner. My new life was going down the drain.

I did not have the money to go back to Singapore nor did I have the courage to go back to my hell. However, there was no way I could stay alive in Korea without money. What was I going to do?

I had come this far. I could not turn back now. I looked around, looking for some kind of idea that might just light up in my head.

No one seemed to notice a burglary had just occurred. Right… Why should they even bother? Typical humans… They just had to mind their own business.

I looked around, cars, cars, and more cars. Well, maybe a vehicle could take me away to any place there was... An opened car bunk seems like signaling me to jump into it.

I sprinted for the car before I knew it. I threw myself into the bunk, closing the door shut behind me, praying that no one would find me.

What a bumpy ride, with all the suitcases and boxes. The car was quiet enough for me to fall asleep, even though I was uncomfortable. Maybe I was tired after all that chasing and running.

After a long while, the car came to a halt, and I banged my head against the car. Ouch.