Let's be closer

Never Give Up

 

 

Zelo

+ + +

 

   I was nervous that Yongguk hyung would be mad at me for telling Noona about the studio but luckily he ended up brushing it off and didn't say anything about it to me or any one else, but he did seem a little bothered for the rest of the night.

  We practiced for most of the weekend like usual. You'd think that on Sundays we would relax more but, during the week, the Hyungs have to work their part-time jobs and I have school so the Sundays is actually the most ideal day to practice.

   It went by really fast however and now it was monday again.

   "Goodmorning Zelo-ssi~ ^^" I got a text from Hwajae Noona.

  "Goodmorning! Lets be closer, You can call Zelo-ah of you want >.< " I replied happily and before long had recieved a response.

   "Okay! As long as you call me Noona ~_^ Zelo-ah~ Let's get parfaits again! >u<" I felt giddy to have something to look forward to at school for once.

  "Neh! I'll see you there Noona!" I agreed and picked up my pace a little as I was almost there.

  

   I spotted her, sitting on a bench just outside the cafeteria below one of the pastel cherry blossom trees. The spring breeze softly blowing her gentle curls as she scribbled in the notebook that sat in her small lap.

  She looked so different in her school uniform. Compared to her fierce apperance on stage she was the cutest most soft, gentle thing in the world. I felt lucky to be the only one to enjoy it, my hyungs would surely be jealouse. I shook my head with a chuckle. They're such s.

  She looked up when I made the noise and smiled brightly.

  "Wasseoyo.**"

  "Neh." I confirmed and smiled back. She closed her book, slipping it in her bag before shrugging it on her shoulder and standin up to join me.

  "Gaja?" She nodded towards the door and I motioned for her to go first.

   We got the same thing as on friday and decided to go back outside to enjoy them.

  The weather's been abnormally nice for this time of year and we wanted enjoy it as much as possible. Not to mention, our courtyard is quite gorgeous. The gardener really loves his job and keeps the trees and flowers really healthy and the gracefull stone paths well groomed. There's even a small stream that trickles gracefully under a small bridge. We sat beneath a tree in the corner were it was quiet and began to enjoy our breakfast.

   "I'm surprised you're allowing me to steal you away from your buddies again." She commented with a shy smile.

   "Well..." I confessed. "I don't really have any buddies at school anymore..."

   "What?" She said in surprise and I grinned through my slight embarassment. "Why??" I sighed.

   "It's just... Now that B.A.P is all semi famous and stuff.. the guys really only hang out with me to boost their social status and the girls just hang out with me to get close to my hyungs..." Her expression turned up in sadness and discust.

   "That's sad..." She sympathsized. I just nodded quietly and ate a scoop of my parfait.

   "But it's alright." I concluded. "Because now I have Hwajae Noona to spend my time at school with!~" She smiled at my charm and flattery.

   "Neh." She agreed sternly. "You can spend time with me whenever you want!" We giggled and enjoyed our treats for a little while.

   "But I thought 'Off Beat' was really low key?" She asked,  with a confused expression.

   "It depends on who you are I guess." I shrugged. It was hard to say but Off Beat seemed to be growing more and more in popularity each season. Most people say it's us, but we think it's the competition.

     "So your hyungs," she brought up a conversation. "They really are popular then?" I nodded.

   "We seem like a gang.. but we're not. And once people figure that out, they just seem to fall in love with us."

  "I wouldn't be able relate..." I gave her an offended look of shock and she laughed.

  "No, I didn't mean it like that!" She cleared up my misunderstandings. "It's just that I don't know any of them except for you. The only other one I've had a chance to inter act with is Yongguk-ssi and he doesn't seem that friendly..." I chuckled.

   "He likes people to think that." I blew his cover.

   "...But wae?" She was obviously trying hard to understand. This time I laughed.

   "Because he's not tough at all!" A smile crept on her face along with a laugh of her own.

  "At all??" She asked and I chuckled a last few times.

  "Well I guess that's kind of an over exaggeration..." I sighed. "But he's definitely not as tough as he pretends to be. He's a really caring guy." She nodded with that smile still plastered on her pretty face.

  "But what about you Noona...?" I asked after a minute.

  "Wae?" Her big eyes looked at me quizzically.

  "What about your friends?" She smiled.

   "Well... I get along well with most everybody but, I only have two good friends."

   "I see." I replied. "But won’t they be missing you if you're always with me?" I asked and she just giggled and ruffled my hair.

   "They get enough of me, don't worry."

 

Jongup

+ + +

 

   I sat at the nook in our kitchen, hovering over a bowl of cereal that I didn’t even have the energy to eat. My hand hung lifelessly on the spoon as my other hand propped up my bobbing head.

   I was just about to let my eyes slide shut and my mind to drift off into dream land when suddenly I was startled to death by a loud snapping noise. I jumped about a foot and my eyes shot open to find a pair of hands joined together, right in front of my face. There then was a familiar chuckle and the hands retracted to reveal the face of Jung Daehyun.

   “Did that wake you up??” He teased cheerily. He can be such a morning person sometimes…  I sighed, too tired to be mad and shout. He leaned over the counter from the other side, resting on his elbows as he grinned up at my sleepy face.

      He was dressed in his work attire; an oil stained dark grey jumpsuit with his name printed in fine bright red script on the left . On the back in the same red script, only larger. it said “Spinny’s” the name of our local auto shop. I always thought it was kinda funny but it makes sense. Spinny’s, like the tires.

“How did you sleep?” I asked him, deciding to just start a simple conversation.

“Ha! Better than you apparently.” He teased some more. I scoffed at him before turning my stool and sliding to the floor.

“Ohh, come on.. Don’t be grumpy~” He pouted at me and turned as I ignored him, walking around him to put my half full bowl on the counter beside the sink.

   “Hey.” He moved over beside me as I put away the cereal box. “You shouldn’t practice today.” He suggested casually but anyone would know, that’s practically an insult to me. Dance is my life now.. and singing too.

   “Excuse me?” I accused, shooting him a glare.

   “You’re over working yourself Jonguppie~~” He whined but I wouldn’t listen.

   “I’m fine.” I brushed him off and turned into the living room but he followed me.

   “Hey!”

   “What??” I snapped back.

   “You should come to work with me!~” He suggested excitedly. I stopped walking abruptly as the temptation burned into my stomach.

   “Is that even allowed??” I asked, still not facing him.

  “Well, if it’s not, then I’ll make it allowed.” He answered, grinning evilly and I couldn’t help but let a small smile creep onto my face. He noticed and took immediate advantage of my crumbling defense.

    “Jebahl Jonguppiieeee-ahh~~” He begged with a cute aegyo filled voice and pout. “It’s so lonely at the garage…” I couldn’t resist but I hid my interest well.

   “Alright…” I answered neutrally. I could practically hear the eye smile spread across his face.

  “Ok! Go get ready then, we have to go! And don’t wear anything nice!~” He warned as he pushed me into my room. I smiled to myself once the door had shut.

   I hate the days that I don’t get to dance but for once… I was actually excited to be busy with something else.

 

 

 


 

 

HIYEOM!~ 

i know i said id update soon but then I got really sick and all the commotion with changing happened

but basically, i wrote this chapter all in about a day and a half so i hope it's still ok 

kekekekek >x] more DaeJong~ ♥ oh how i ship them ♥

but if im not careful then im afraid that they might take over this fic! :O 

lol jk 

they're just a little treat on the side x]

(and to fill up space when i dont know what else to do O______O but don't say anything! that's supposed to be a secret!)

xD I'll get to writing as soon as possible so please look out for me ♥

Comment && Subscribe 

Saranghae!~ ♥ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Korean Context**

 

"Wasseoyo" = You came/come here

"Gaja" = Let's go/"Ja" can also mean "here" as in when you hand someone something.

Jebahl” = Please