You can't tell me what to do.

Never Give Up

Jongup’s PoV

~+~+~+~

 

 

     Just as casually and quiet as I had entered the room, after staring at the girl for a moment more, I walked right back out. I closed the door and leaned against it as if I had seen a ghost and felt my heart pound. It felt like I was dreaming and I was tempted to open the door back up, hoping that she would disappear. However, I knew better and looked through the window on the door instead, finding her still there. I wondered what the hell I was supposed to do (what the hell you do? #bapreference). Finally I decided to pull out my phone and call the dorm. I would rather call Yongguk hyung’s phone directly but.. It could be off and I wasn’t sure if it was loud enough to wake him if he was sleeping.

     After about 3 rings, the line picked up and I was met by the deep raspy morning voice of our leader. “Y…Yoboseyo..?” I felt relieved at the simple sound of him, Yongguk hyung always made me feel safe…. Unless he was mad at me, then I felt the opposite.

   “Yongguk hyung,” I replied and he answered a little more curiously now that he knew it was me.
   “Jongup-ah? What is it? where are you?” It sounded like he had just realized I was missing and I almost wanted to chuckle.
    “I’m at the practice room.” I told him then hesitated, not really sure how to handle it. “But there’s…” There was a short pause before he became anxious.
      “What? What is it?”
      “There’s someone here..” I told him.

 

Yongguk’s PoV

~+~+~+~

 

      I had woken up surprisingly early, finding Junhong’s face before mine. A smile found my lips as I was glad to find he hadn’t let me down. I reached out, brushing his bouncy hair before rising into a sitting position and stretching my arm high above my head.  Might as well get up now. I figured  and slid to the end of my bunk, letting myself carefully off the edge. I was met with an empty bunk when my feet hit the floor, however, it was only Daehyun’s so I didn’t have to worry. He probably has a shift to work.

     I shuffled out towards the kitchen, aiming to fill my rumbling stomach but I was intervened halfway there by the ringing of our phone. I picked it up by the end of the second ring, hoping it didn’t wake up anyone else, especially Jongup and Zelo who got to bed the latest.

     “Yoboseyo…?” I asked quietly, my voice gravely with sleep.

     “Yongguk hyung,” I blinked, surprised with the voice I heard. Did I hear right…? It sounded like Jongup’s voice on the phone and then as if I was seeing the dead walking, Daehyun appeared, groggily emerging from the bedroom, making me comically jump and look at him in surprise.

     “Jongup-ah? W-what is it, where are you?” I stuttered into the phone, realizing that I had to answer him and didn’t have time to bother with Daehyun’s surprise appearance. Though I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised, Jongup heads over to the studio before us often. I guess it’s just that he hasn’t in a while and I didn’t even notice he was gone… And then Dae showed up when I thought he was the one who disappeared, it was too early for this , my brain couldn’t handle it..

     “I’m at the practice room.” He answered with almost a chuckle and then hesitated. “But, there’s…” He trailed off and I waited for a moment before getting anxious and actually concerned. There were tons of things that could have gone wrong – some much worse than others.

    “What? What is it??” He I blurted, barely noticing Daehyun who had become concerned and came to stand by my side.

    “There’s someone here…” He answered and I didn’t take a second before answering.

    “Don’t do anything. I’ll be right over.” I told him, completely ignoring Daehyun as he began softly questioning in my ear like a nosey child. “What’s wrong?” “What did he say?” “Is he okay?” “Hyung.” “Hyung.” “Hyung.” I would have hit him if I wasn’t so good at ignoring annoying dongsaengs and keeping my head level.

    “Everything’s fine. Jongup just needs my help at the practice room.” The vocalist furrowed his brows at me and after a moment and I could tell he didn’t believe me. It was at that moment that I began feeling irritated that he was being such a pest about it. Why did he care so much?

    “He said there was someone there, I could hear him.” Daehyun protested and I rolled my eyes, ignoring him once more as I hung up the phone and headed towards the door, working my feet into my boots. Daehyun followed after me without hesitation and I sent him a glare.

    “What are you doing?” I asked as he fished a light jacket out of the closet to throw over his thin tank top.

   “I’m coming with you.” He answered in a matter-of-fact tone and I stopped what I was doing.

   “No, I need you to stay here and explain to the others when they wake up.” With that, he turned from me without a word and walked over to the counter, grabbed a pen and hunched over it for a moment before spinning back to face me with a hard stare before stalking up to where I stood and extending his arm next to me and pressing his hand firmly to the door, nearly slamming it but not quite. When he pulled back, it had left a note that said “Off to the practice room – Daehyunnie & Yongguk.” I stared at it for a moment, partly in disbelief, partly in debate. Finally I scoffed and rolled my eyes, stuffing my feet the rest of the way into my boots and yanking the door open.

   “Come on then.” I replied to him and heard him fumble to slip some sneakers on before he hurried off behind me.

 

Jongup’s PoV

~+~+~+~

 

   I sighed heavily, feeling sort of silly for making a fuss and felt my brows crease as my face fell into a frown, my hand comig up to meet it. That's all I ever seem to do; I make a fuss. but for some reason I felt like it wasn’t a situation for me to handle… I didn’t know her, I didn’t know how Yongguk hyung felt about her using our room, last time he seemed rather bothered, so I thought it best if I called him.

   I sighed, running a hand over my face and through my hair and pouted because I left my stuff in the room. Oh well, I’ll get it later. I decided to head down the stairs and wait for them by the door. Being the socially awkward kid I am, I didn’t want to be there if she came out looking for me. Once I made it to the first floor, I leaned against the wall there and left myself alone to think. I wondered how long it would take for Yongguk hyung to show up.  I wondered if I had woken anyone up with my phone call. I wondered who was home. I wondered what Daehyun was doing.. -Stop! No I didn’t. I shook my head to stop my thoughts in their tracks and as I did so, I heard the door just down another few steps open up and footsteps entered. It wasn’t just one pair though, it was two.

     Is that Yongguk hyung.. or someone else..? I couldn’t trust that it was him completely with how I already had a scare from one intruder. If it was him, who would have come along? Maybe Himchan hyung? But I don’t think he was home when I called was he? My heart jumped as I realized I wasted too much time thinking and the intruders were just about to pass my corner.

It wasn't much more than a moment before I heard the hurried footsteps and looked up to the stairway to find Yongguk hyung and beside him, the flawless face of Jung Daehyun with a frazzled expression. His eyes locked on me and my expression turned hard as we just stood there, facing off. He still had his messy morning hair yet maintained such a fresh look. I refused however to let his appearance pull at my heart strings.. even though it was anyways.

    “Well you found what you were looking for.” Yongguk said to Daehyun with a slightly irritated tone. “I’m not waiting around.” And with that he took off for the practice room after thanking me for calling.

 What you were looking for? Humph! I scowled at him and waited for him to say something.  

"...Jongup-" His voice broke the silence after about 20 seconds and my mouth immediately sprung open, snipping the end of his words short.

     "Why are you here?" I pressed firmly, staring hard into him and he seemed to recoil a bit. His eyes drifted amd he shifted his weight awkwardly.

     "I.. was worried about you.." He answered after another moment and I didn’t  hesitate to brush past him sharply and head down the small set of stairs and out the door.

     “Yah!”

 

Hwajae’s PoV

~+~+~+~

 

     I slept surprisingly decent on the floor in the practice room. Given my sleeping bag provided a little cushioning and warmth, it wasn’t all that bad and I felt entirely grateful to Zelo-ah for offering me this place to stay the night. I finally decided it was time to wake up, white light was shining in through the windows, illuminating the room as it reflected brightly off of the mirrors along the wall. I stretched my back as I sat up in my bag and rubbed the sleepy seeds out of my eyes. After admiring the graffiti all along the wall for a few minutes, I pulled myself up and plopped down on the bench, looking through my bag to see what I could find for food or money. If I just had food in my bag, maybe id stay for an hour or two and work on my next routine.

     Suddenly my head shot up as once again that door flew open and Yongguk-ssi came storming in. Of course I was startled to see his face first thing in the morning but I honestly wasn’t that surprised. This was their practice room too and this was the what, third time he’s come bursting in now? 

    “Yah, wae.” I complained carelessly and continued to look through my bag.

    “Wae?” He scoffed, “Shouldn’t I be saying that to you?” I furrowed my brows and looked back up at him. 

     “What are you talking about?”
     “Why are you here?” He accused me without hesitation and I started to get a little pissed off.

     ”It’s none of your business.” I stood up, challenging him. Who did he think he was? It really ground my gears how he always seemed to walk around like he runs the world. Pshh.

     “It is my business.” He retorted just as irritated as I now was. “This is BAP’s practice room and you can’t just come in here whenever you want. Hell, you can’t just sleep in here, why are you sleeping here?” He blabbered on and I rolled my eyes shifting my weight to one side and putting my hands on my hips.

     “I don’t see your name on it.” I raised my brows and tilted my head to the side. I mean, according to Zelo’s story, it kinda was entrusted to BAP but that doesn’t mean that nobody else could use it and I desserved it just as much as they did. “Zelo told me about the owner of this place.”  I told him. “And I don’t think he would appreciate you discouraging my aspirations.”  That really got him fuming. He stepped closer to me and sent daggers at me through his eyes.

     “You listen to me.” He pointed a finger. “I don’t want you interfering with our members or our performances.” He concluded, getting to the bottom line. “So get your things, and get out of our room.”
     “You can’t tell me where to dance Bang Yongguk,” I told him, scowling as I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder after stuffing my sleeping bag in it. I stopped by his side to glare at him and finnish off my sentence.  “And you sure as hell can’t tell me who to be friends with.” And with that I walked off. Whatever, I’ve got more important things to deal with right now, like all that homework I had been putting off..

 


 

um... hi there readers ^^; 

author-nim is very very sorry 

its taken me a year now to update this fic -hangs head in shame- 

but hey maybe you could look at it as a break between seasons in a drama..? //bricked

 

to be completely honest, the abscence has been due completely to the fact that 

1.) i began to role play 

2.) mainly because i simply started to fall out of kpop //more shame

its still something that i love though and these fanfics are dear to me and i still mean it when i say that i really dont want to see them go unfinnished :( 

so im trying to make a comeback! >.< 

please try to continue giving me your support, jebahl 3 

and i will see you guys soon hopefully

there is actually more i was contemplating on putting on this chapter but i have a show choir competition early in the morning and its late

i dont wanna make you guys wait another day so here it is ♥

- as always,

Saranghae