Fire~

Never Give Up

 

Mijun

+ + +

 

   I looked around the back alley of the infamous club that the 'performers' used as a green room type place.

   They were all pretty shady looking and not anywhere in this room was there another girl.

   Starting to feel conscience, I pushed away the hesitant feelings and went on, minding my own.

   No one had noticed me yet, I was in a hood that hid my hair and a bandana that covered my face. I wasn't planning on revieling my gender until I was on. I pulled down the bandana now so I could get fresher breathes to help sooth my clammy chest and lungs.

   Across the room I noticed one particular group of males who caught my eye. They were all uniformed in work boots, baggy clothes and bleach blonde hair.

   Despite how simmilar they all looked, one member caught my eye. Sitting seriously on one of the couches, hunched over, resting on his knees while the others carelessly fooled around, he watched his rivals with the eyes of a preditor...

   His head was tilted down and slightly to the side so I couldn't see his whole expression, but from what I saw, he looked pretty tough and a little scary...

   He suddenly turned and caught my eyes, piercing me with his glare. A shock went through me, making me shiver, I became scared for a moment until his eyes softened and his expression became quite admirable. He had dropped the scary face he was giving everyone else and stared at me with slight confusion.

   I wondered idly what the stoic facade was about then I suddenly realized he was staring. I jumped a little and turned, pulling down the side of my hood.

   I hope he didn't notice I'm a girl... I worried.

   I checked the lineup one more time out of nerves and it hadn't changed, I was on next.

   There wasn't really a stage crew to tell you what to do or when to do it. This was legit, underground, competiting.

   I stood up as the preceding competitor finished up their performance.

   I closed my eyes and took deep even breaths as I made my way behind the crowd and up to the stage area.

   Everyone suddenly hushed as they watched the unfamiliar figure enter the center of attention. They didn't know who I was at all and barely what I looked like.

   There were more girls out in this area... but most of them were rather trashy and not the type of people I would hang around with personally...

  Taking all this in as I stood under the spotlight I felt the persperation beginning to fog up my baggy clothes. I then decided to get in my stance and cleared my mind.

   Slowly, the only thing existing was me and the ground and the rustle of the approaching sound track.

   I gripped my mic and took one last breath before whispering my signature phrase into it and at the kick of the bass, I snapped up to see their dazed expressions with the taste of sweet irony on my grinning lips.

"Did somebody light a match?....kekeke..."

Yongguk

+ + +

 

   "Yah! We're on soon!" I shouted at my members to calm down.

   "Chill out hyung," Himchan, my right hand man, hushed me.

   "Yeah, you’re too nervous," Youngjae joined in with his rather uncanny good sense of reasoning.Damn optimist... "Try and relax. We've still got like two performances to go."

   I huffed and sat down on one of the couches in the scruffy back alley.

  They were right...  I WAS nervous.. but I could never let them know that. I have to be a strong leader.

   I looked out over the group of people that we were up against tonight. I really shouldn't be so nervous, we almost always win.. but still there’s always that last minute stage fright. The others seemed to be occupying themselves too well to be nerved up about anything but I guarentee you, by the end of the next performance, they won’t be half as talkative...

    Suddenly as I scrolled my eyes over the room, I caught someone staring at me.

    What the hell does he want?

   His figure was really small and fragile looking. He covered up in baggy clothes and a hood hid his head. I then caught a glimpse of his face…wait! I-is that a....girl..?

  She noticed I was staring back and jumped then turned away, pulling her hood over the side of her face so I couldn't see anymore.

   I swear... but what is a girl doing in a place like this...

 She suddenly got up and slipped out of the room.

   What is she doing...?

  "Hey, let's go watch." I patted Himchan's arm which happened to be right beside me. He looked at the others and they shrugged.

    We leaked out into the back of the crowd watching as the room slowly hushed. The same guy or...girl.. aproached the area kept clear for performers. I still couldn't quite see the person's face and now they were even covered further by a bandana that was pulled over their face to hide their features.

   The boys finally settled realizing what was going on and only added to the silence.

   The figure stood, gripping their mic, not even seeming to notice us intensely watching. She reached up, curling her fingers around her bandana and pulled it down so she could sing clearly.

   Suddenly the rumble of the bass shook and a smooth voice washed over our ears.

   My own nearly tingled at the pleasant sound. It was most definitely a girl. I was momentarily in awe.

    She dropped the mic to her side as she danced an impressive intro. I looked at the others, just as impressed as everyone else.

  I looked back as the music evened out and she began singing along with her dancing.

   I can't even see her face and I think I'm in love....

   Her voice was steady and smooth, her move were clean and lines perfect. She was wearing baggy clothes but you could still see her perfect curves.

   Then, as she stopped dead on the rest, her hood fell. Everyone nearly gasped. Not only was she so talented, she was beautiful too.

   And then she went on, shocking us and..rapped. I just stared, feeling chills as her skill and the lyrics sank into my skin.

   I was so impressed. The moves had been simplified for this section but she still moved gracefully with swag in every step. Her breaths were even and she stayed right on beat.

   Her performance ended with that and everyone was silent for a moment not knowing what to think before they burst into excitement.

   Daehyun tapped my arm as he was the last one of us to pass behind me. 

   "Hyung, we're up."

 


 

Hiyeom!! :3

so this is the first chapter ^^

ive had it for a while

i wasnt going to update any just yet but i decided id give you 

a little bit to get started~

hope youre hooked x]

the first few chapters may be a little boring but i promise once it picks up, it should definitely be and exciting story -^^-

thanks for reading

comment && subscribe

and as always 

Saranghae!~

Im out!! xD