Dance with me~

Never Give Up

 

Mijun

+ + +

 

   I suddenly felt self conscious bringing this ist, stalker, or whatever into my house. But still, I promised him a meal, and I wouldn’t take it back now.

   I took a deep breath and peeked in the window on the front door. “I don’t think my brother’s home…” I mumbled before turning up to him and looking at him sternly.
      “We’re only here for something to eat and then we’re leaving, ok?” I didn’t want him snooping around. It wasn’t only because he was my enemy or the fact that we were strangers. It was because my performing life and my hom/school life were separate. Nobody could know that I was performing in a club late at night. Not my friends, not my brother, not the other performers. Only Zelo, because he has to keep the secret too. I could easily rat on them if they exposed me, but that would only leave them down one member and while Zelo is and incredible addition to the team, I don’t know how far they would go to take out someone who was quickly becoming their threat. If I do say so myself~

   Yongguk raised a brow and made a face. “If that’s all then why didn’t we just get street food?” He asked. I raised my own brows, tilting my head at him.
     “Do you have the extra won??” His ego shrunk and he just shut up. “Didn’t think so.” I chuckled and turned back to the door.

    I unlocked it and stepped inside, leading him into our home. I felt my anxiety deepen as we passed personal belonging’s and photographs of Sunggyu and I. He didn’t say a word and didn’t seem to linger, so by the time we got to the kitchen, I felt a little better, though I would probably never get weird of the strange feeling having him here brought me.

   “My brother’s better at making ramen than me so.. I hope you don’t mind left overs..” He said that it was fine, so I went on to warm some up.

   I poured two bowls and stuck them in the microwave. There was a few minutes of silence until I heard his deep voice ask me about my foot.

“How’s your ankle feeling?” He said.
  “I think it’s feeling better.” I replied, pulling the bowls out when they had finished heating and grabbed two spoons, heading over to the table.
   “That’s good.” He nodded as I set down his bowl and I smiled softly.
  “And I guess this is me repaying you.” I watched him grin a little and sat down in the seat across from him. “Though I must say,” I decided to ruin the moment with some reality. “It would probably be much better if you hadn’t attacked me like that.” He just grunted in laughter and began eating his ramen and I did the same.

Jongup

+ + +

 

   I could feel Daehyun’s eyes on me every now and then as I went over my steps in the waiting room. It made me uncomfortable. I wanted to blush, or look back at him, to glare at him and tell him to stop staring at me, then I also felt like throwing up again. What is this? I scoffed in my head. Why does he make me feel sick?

   I just took a deep breath and picked my head up, trying to clear my mind of everything as I replayed Taeil’s words in my head over and over. “Now look up, you have to show him how strong you are.” Yes, Daehyun. I am strong, and I won’t let you make me feel helpless. Even if I am… gay for you..

  As that thought crossed my mind, everything failed and I felt my cheeks flush and immediately my eyes shot to him. He held my gaze for a moment, playing it cooler then somebody normally would when being caught staring, then after a short moment he just calmly looked away with a bored expression. I wanted to hit him. Before he made me feel so weak and fluttery, but now it was getting to the point where everything he did just pissed me off.

 I huffed, looking around before deciding to head over to the bar. I wasn’t supposed to since I’m under age, but I just wanted some soda, something with caffeine to pump me up for our performance and maybe get my mind moving fast enough that it wouldn’t be able to concentrate on this stressful topic for as long as it was lasting me now.

   I slid into a stool and smiled softly at the bartender, asking for a Shirley Temple maid with Mountain Dew. It was really sweet and I could tell by the first sip that the sugar and caffeine that it was loaded with would definitely put me on a rush.
     Good… I slowly let my eyes slip shut until I felt a presence beside me and let them flicker open. No…  I thought. I was just starting to relax… I slowly brought my gaze up and to my disappointment, found his face.

 

Yongguk

+ + +

 

   The ramen was delicious. I didn’t know anything about her brother, but he was a good cook. She finished up really fast and I was still left with a quarter bowl when she stood up to bring hers to the sink.
   I looked up at her, stuffing chopsticks full of ramen into my face.

   “I need to get ready but you can finish up while I do.” She said and rushed off, probably to her room. I blinked, looking after her for a moment, before shrugging and going back to my food.

It didn’t take much longer for me to finish and I checked the clock on the wall. We were running a little late but if we left soon, we should be able to make it in time. So I didn’t panic and just casually discharged my dishes in the sink, before heading off to explore.
   I had told myself that I wasn’t interested, but I’m a pretty curious person. I think everyone is inside. It’s just human nature.

  I hummed quietly to myself as strolled out of the kitchen and into their living room. I felt hesitant at first, like I was somewhere that I didn’t belong. But you always feel that way the first time at someone else’s home, so I brushed it aside and folded my hands behind my back as I walked slowly past all the pictures of Hwajae and who must have been her brother…
   He’s good looking guy – they’re good looking siblings.  I thought to myself. I then stopped at a single of Hwajae and picked it up to get a better look. It looked to be a couple years old but she was still beautiful.    
   She wore a white dress that flowed over her body gracefully and her hair was wavey. I stared for a moment, mesmerized. It looked like it was taken in a photoshoot that they must have had done and the special camera quality really made her look like a model. I won’t lie, I was blown away.
   Once I was able to tear my eyes from her image, I slowly turned it over and examined the back. In graceful script, it read “Junnie”.

  “…Junnie..?” I echoed out loud. I didn’t have time to think about it before he suddenly heard someone coming up the steps to the house and watched in horror as the door knob began to turn.

 

Jongup

+ + +

 

   “What’s wrong?” He asked bluntly and I controlled the blush on my cheeks by scowling it away. You are. I thought sourly, but of course I wouldn’t say it. Instead I just raised my brows and looked at him inoocently.

  “Hmm? Nothing.” He sighed and played with the napkin dispenser sitting on the bar.

   “You seem off..” He said more softly. I sighed.
   “Just feeling… a little sick.” I told him. It was true, he made me sick. His face, his voice, the way he made me blush and got me excited. It made me feel like throwing up. And those words of his that continued to burn me in the pit of my stomach…
   It was childish, in all odds, he didn’t even know that what he said was insulting. He wouldn’t know… But I found myself wondering if I could ever forgive him. It was quiet for a few moments until I heard his soft voice beckon me.

  “Jongup..” The tone made my heart pound. So hard that I thought I was going to gag on it, but I just held still until I gathered enough composure to turn my head and look at him.
   “Ne..?” I asked, even softer. He slowly dropped his hand from the napkins and turned to me as well with a soft grin.

  “Dance with me~” He said and I felt my heart drop from my throat to the pit of my stomach. I mentally slapped myself. What were you waiting for him to say?? “Jongup-ah~ Please~ Run off into the sunset with me~~” Yeah right. Wake up. My conscience had become a foul thing. Something that only made things worse when it was supposed to help. I forced a fake smile and nodded.
    “Ne, let’s go.”

 

 


ok, so it turns out, writing during school isnt as easy as i thought it would be

but im a freshman this year so i wasnt expecting the difference

 

and i know you guys voted for shorter quicker updates, but for some reason,
it seems like I can only manage to produce, longer later updates

If you really want me to, ill try to make them fast and quick but this is just how it seems to be going

 

I ended up writing alot the past couple days and it was getting long so there may be a double update tonight :]
idk, we'll see

 

OH! Also ^^
ARENT YOU GUYS EXCITED FOR HAJIMA????

-throws confetti-

I am *u* if you couldn't tell //shot

 

and also

ITS ZELO'S BIRTHDAY

alright well,

saranghaeyo babyz ♥