Recognized

Never Give Up

 

Mijun

+ + +

 

My alarm clock went off, calling for me to get ready for school.  I didn’t even have the energy to groan as I reached over to turn it off. I had gotten home so late… It’s a good thing I didn’t stick around to see where I place. I didn’t want to be acknowledged just yet anyways. Just… noticed. I forced myself out of bed and got ready before heading out. I checked my phone to see the schedule I had set for myself from now on.

“Hmm…. There’s another show on tonight…” I observed. I wonder if I have to play. I heard that they do a system where the higher placed performers move on.  The ranking is based on bets that are placed and house reaction. I sighed. I guess I should hang around from now on…

Soon I was at the bus stop where I usually meet with my best friend, Kyungeun.

“Mi-ah!” She greeted me as I approached. “Omona!... You look like you ate a rotten breakfast or something..” I chuckled and smiled at her weakly.

“I’m just a little tired…” I reassured her I was fine.

“If you say so.” I just grinned and boarded the bus with her as it arrived.

 

Zelo

+ + +

 

I woke up bright and early to the sound of my phone playing B1A4's Beautiful Target as the alarm I set to wake me up. I pulled my earbuds out and shut it off then sat up tall in my bunk and stretched with a big yawn.

"And the team kicking off in the lead for the start of this season is none other than our own B!! A!! P!!!!" The DJ had cheered to the hyped crowd at the end of the night. I smiled to myself remembering our victory. It wasn't really anything new, we've been leading since last season but I never get a big head. The others don't either and I think that's why everyone likes us so much... It makes me feel proud to be part of such a humble group of people. I looked over at my sleeping hyungs in their bunks that were pushed up against mine. First Bang Hyung, then Himchan, then Youngjae, Jongup and Daehyun. It always made me kinda sad that I had to get up by myself every morning but no one else here went to school with me so I figured I'd let them get their well needed rest. Except sometimes Bang Hyung walks me to school... maybe I'll wake him up.

"Hyung!" I shook him gently as I quietly called. He grumbled and rolled over throwing his arms around me, voilently pulling me down and shoving my face into his chest.

"Shhhhhhhhhh...hhsh..." He hushed me while petting my bed head.

"Yahaha!" I laughed and pulled away. "Will you walk to school with me today??" I begged. He pouted with his eyes still closed and let me go.

"Wake me up when you're ready..." He mumbled then turned away, wrapping himself back up in the covers.

I smiled. Hyung makes everyone think he's so hardcore and tough, but really he's just a big soft goof. That's why he's secretly my favorite hyung. Plus he teaches me lots of stuff and helps me with my rapping.

I quickly showered and got ready before returning to the bunk room to wake him again. Soon we were on our way to shcool. I skipped along happily while Yongguk Hyung just followed coolly behind with a calm grin.

"Hyung," I caught his attention. "Are you happy that we won last night??" I asked excitedly. He smiled.

"Of course I am. And you did really well Zelo, I'm proud of you." He ruffled my hair and I smiled up at him brightly.

"Do you think we'll be having any big competition this year?" I asked curiously. He shrugged.

"There were some pretty good acts."

"Yeah, especially that girl! She only placed four spots behind us and she's never even performed before!" I replied. I noticed his interest spark.

"She was really good huh?" I asked, secretly teasing him. He nodded quietly, trying to remain nonchalant.

"And y~~" I tried teasing him to see if he would admit he thought she was pretty. He was about to nod again then paused and furrowed his eyebrows and pushed me.

"Yah!! You're too young to be thinking of girls like that!" He scolded. I laughed. Yeah right, Hyung.

"When did you start thinking of girls then?" I questioned him. His face turned a little pink and he started yelling.

"D-Don't question your leader's athority!!" I laughed aloud and pushed him back. He made an angry face but I could see his big grin tugging at his lips.

Before long, we arrived and Yongguk hyung said goodbye. I casually made my way to my locker like every normal day but suddenly I heard a loud clatter behind me and a frustraited sigh.

I turned to see a girl bending over to pick up her books. I would have helped her but she had already gotten them all together. She took a deep breath and flipped her hair back as she stood up. My eyes widedned seeing her beautiful face.

"Omo...no way!" Without thinking I called out to her as she was about to walk away.

"Sunbaenim! J-jogiyo.." She stopped and looked behind, her hair gracefully whipping her back. It's really her...

I just stared at her, not knowing what to say. I was just about to choke something out when the bell rang.

"S-Sorry, I gotta go." She said before running off to class.

Wow that noona was really pretty.. even prettier up close. But what's more, she attends my highschool!

I wonder what class she's in... should I tell my hyungs...?

Hmm... not yet.

 

Mijun

+ + +

 

If I didn't hurry I was gunna miss the bell and be late for class! I hurried through the thinning crowd but accidentally bumped into the water fountian and dropped my books.

"Ughh..." I grumbled and bent down to pick them up. I was about to walk away when suddenly, I heard someone call me.

"S-Sunbaenim! Jogiyo!" I whipped my head around to see a small boy staring at me. He looked to be a couple years younger. He was thin but healthy looking and his hair sat neatly sleaked into an even with a bleach so pale that it stood out like a sore thumb, but it still looked good…

I tilted my head as I began noticing his face and realized that his face was extremely familiar. I was probably wearing the same expression as him right about now.

‘You’ve got to be kidding me…’ I thought in alarm. He was one of those boys from last night, the excited ones. And that one guy…

He opened his mouth to say something but just as he was about to speak, the bell rang, signaling for homeroom to start.

“S-Sorry, I gotta go…” I blurted and rushed off without a second thought.

!... I hope he didn’t recognize me… That’s the whole point of going underground! So no one will recognize…

I bit my lip and decided to not worry about it, it didn’t leave me though . It was in the back of my mind for most of the day.

After last block I was finally able to relax without worrying about any other randomers from the underground showing up.

It’s not even that big of a deal. I tried to reason with myself. He’s not in my class, who’s he gunna tell?? Besides… I’m a senior, if he threatens me at all, I could always just scare the out of him… right? I finally brushed it off as I headed out the front gates.

“MI-AHH!!” I nearly jumped out of my skin as I heard my other best friend calling me. I turned to see them; Soomi and Kyungeun running up to greet me.

Soomi-ah is definitely more high strung than Kyungeun, but I love them both the same. I smiled as she gave me a big hug.

“Where do you think you’re going??” She accused playfully.

“Haha wae?” I asked her. She’s so outgoing…

“Kyungeun Unnie and I wanted to go shopping!” She proposed. I sighed. I really wanted to but I had other…plans…

“Ahh guys, I can’t.” I answered sympathetically. Their shoulders dropped. “Maybe tomorrow?” I tried to raise their hopes up and it worked, but only a little.

“Arasso….” She sighed.

“See you tomorrow then.” Kyunguen waved as they left together.

 

Yongguk

+ + +

 

 

“Why do they have it two nights in a row??” I heard Youngjae ask Himchan in a whiney tone while he shrugged his own matching jacket on.

“Yah!” I turned around causing him to jump with a surprised expression. He underestimated my hearing. “Are you complaining??” I accused him.

“A-ani!” He snapped nervously as I glared at him.

“Good.” I answered deeply. “We should be ravishing in joy at every chance we get to perform.” I went on, now addressing all of them. They nodded in agreement.

“I think he’s just saying that it’s hard when we all have to balance our jobs and our performing, just to get by…” Daehyun defended. I turned to him. He just stared back at me blankly, like always...

“This life that we chose, isn’t supposed to be easy, Dongsaeng.” I told all of them sternly as I stared down on Daehyun. “Now it’s either we want this, or we don’t.” I turned to all of them now. “And I know for damn sure that I, want this. Don’t you??” I said with ferocity and strive as I looked around seeing all of their determined faces nodding, as my pep talk began inspiring them.

“Now we’re gunna head over there tonight and kick some like we always do!”

“Yeah, yeah..” They agreed.

“Yeah! Cause we’re B!” I raised my voice as I started the pep roll.

“A.P!!” They finished strongly and started jumping around enthusiastically while hooting and throwing high fives. I turned to Zelo who stopped to beam at me with a great smile and ruffled his hair with a satisfied grin.

Soon we all arrived at Off Beat, the club we always perform at. We’re always saved for last so we don’t have to worry about showing up early to check the lineup.

We settled in the back room like always. Himchan and Youngjae went to enjoy some drinks while Daehyun stayed with Zelo and Jongup.

I approached C.A.P, he was the regular DJ. We became good friends since B.A.P started getting popular here. Though, I guess it’s only natural, we bring him money, he brings us fame. Therefore, we like each other easily. But I can’t say that’s just how it is now. I think we’ve developed a pretty decent relationship. And B.A.P really gets along with all the business here.

C.A.P’s dad owns the club and he and his boy band, TeenTop, started out performing here which is basically how it turned into a place for competition. However… Teentop eventually was recognized by a label and doesn’t really perform here anymore but CAP still seems to find the time to DJ, at least until their debut.

The competition stayed good for a while but eventually the hotspot was taken over by some pretty hardcore gang and rappers so the less intense groups stopped coming and Off Beat started getting a bad reputation. Thanks to us though, it’s slowly making a comeback. We’re hardcore, but we know when to mind ourselves. We’re not into drugs or violence and we’ve established quite a nice fanbase.

“Ayee man.” CAP greeted me as I approached his set up.

“What’s going on.” I replied as we did a manly handshake, high five thing.

“Not much,” He answered while turning back to his screen to fix some light settings. “I’m really glad the new season’s started, you guys are so freaking popular.” He complimented enthusiastically. I just chuckled and rubbed my neck. I was never good with compliments…

“Hey get us some soju over here. “ He ordered, calling one of the waitress/bartender, intending that she get one for each of us. She nodded and soon returned with a couple beers.

“So what do you think?” I asked him after a moment. “Do we got any competition this year?”

“…Hmm.” He thought for a moment. “Well there’s that girl…” He suggested, sparking my interest. What is it with everyone and ‘that girl’ lately??

“She’s really good…” He said in an impressed tone.

“Where did she place?” I asked curiously.

“Fifth.” He answered. Yes, now that I think about it, I remember Zelo saying so… Wow…

“So she must be here then?” I concluded.

“Ne. She should be up right before you guys." I looked around, seeing if I could spot her. Hmm...

"Wae?" He caught my attention again. "You interested?" He grinned mischievously. I just scoffed at him, cursing my cheeks as I could feel them prickling. What the hell? Not even!

He laughed at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I'll see you around." I finally said and patted his shoulder. He nodded and I went off to rile up the crew. I made my way into the back but as I entered, I noticed a figure that stood out from the rest.

 

Mijun

+ + +

 

I showed up just like last night, wearing my baggy hoodie and such. I enjoyed some performances before deciding to check the lineup. I found it posted on the wall inthe back. I became nervous as I scrolled down each collumn and didn't see my name. Then finally I found it, second to last. Why...? I was confused, I thought I did a decent job last night...

"They save their best acts for last." A very deep husky voice commented beside me. I jumped nearly a foot and turned slowly to face him. It was the angry looking one from that weird group of guys. Why do they keep approaching me so randomly..???

"M-Mwo?" I heard him, but I only asked because I was shocked he even said anything.

"What are you singing tonight?" He asked l, changing the subject.

"U-uhh Hyuna's 'Change'..." I answered awkwardly. He nodded as he sized me up making me feel a little uncomfortable.

"You look the part." He said without much feeling. Was that supposed to be a compliment..?

"Why are you in a place like this?" He suddenly asked. I was about to say something when the person preceding me ended their rap.

"I-I gotta go.." I told him and left.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Hi!

Lol

Yongguk:

Me:

Damn! lol why is he so yyy?? xD

Anyways

So, I'm glad to be talking to you right now because this chapter means that I will be officially updating this story from now on :3

I'm really excited about it and have alot planned so I hope you're excited too 

I can promise you guys ill be back to give you more really really soon so tell me what you think and maybe I'll be back even sooner than planned ~_^

thanks!

and don't forget to 

Comment & Subscribe 

I love you readers!

Saranghae!~

 

 

Kisses~