Chapter 15

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I woke up the next day as Eunha opened the bed curtains.

"Gongju is awake!"

Eunha kneeled down as two servants came in. One stepped forward to let me gargle before retreating, the other came with a basin for my daily wash. Eunha signalled them down as she took the handkerchief off the tray which I use to wipe my mouth. Eunhee and Eunji came forward with two trays as Eunha help me with my shoe, I stand up as I walk over to the vanity while Eunha help me to brush my hair.

"Eunha.."

"Yes, Fu'ren?"

"Make it simple today. We are entering the palace to pay respect for Yewon."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

Eunha nods and brush my hair up using a tool to make a huge 'flag head' hairstyle. I held onto two locks as Eunha tug on my hair using the chopsticks to make them into braids. She then takes the two strands I held and braid them around my hair. I opened my drawers and find a hairstick with a white carved silver hair stick. Eunha took it and inserted it into the huge hairstyle. I took the hair pin with falling white beads and small white jade flowers,, inserting it into my hairdo that took two hours to make. I smile as I touch the falling beads on my hair pin. Eunhee stepped forward as Eunha took a flower froom the tray and inserted it at the center of the hairdo.

"Eunji... go and get the shoe with a pastel colour instead."

Eunji bends her knees and comes forward, "Fu'ren, will this be fine?"

I smile and nod as Eunha remove my current shoe and Eunji put on the new shoes that have white laced flowers on it and some carved butterflies at the wooden blocks. Eunhee then help dress me into a white dress used to represent mourning. I had my outer wear that was plain white with black designs near the wrist area.

"Fu'ren, breakfast is ready."

I nod as another servant come forward with my prayer beads which I took as Eunhee supported over to the small breakfast table. I ordered the servants to arrange for something light and use chicken if there is a need to add meat. There is steamed chicken, egg porridge and vegetables. I picked up my chopsticks as Eunhee helped me to pick up my side dishes. I smile as Eunha help me scoop up a bowl of porridge.

"Eunha."

"Yes Fu'ren?"

I turn to Eunji who is fanning me before I look out, "The weather is getting warmer these days, tell the nannies to let the children drink at least half a bowl of green bean soup to cool down before we enter the palace. Also ask Sana and Soonyoung to overlook the moving of our items over to the new manor. Tell them that they won't have to follow into the palace today, I will enter the palace with the children and then we will go over to the new manor later."

Eunha nods, "Yes. Fu'ren!"

I place my chopsticks down, "Eunha. Go over and watch that they do not damage any items belonging to Yewon. Also be careful when trying to uproot the green blossom trees, if there is any mistake in moving all these... they know the consequences."

Eunha bends her knees and leaves the room, "Yes, Fu'ren."

I pick up my chopsticks again and nibble on a piece of meat as I scoop some porridge while Taehyung enters the room with Hoshi following

"Wang'ye is here."

I stand up and bend my knees as Taehyung stops me. The servants kneeled as Hoshi lowers himself on one knee.

"Greetings to Wang'ye."

"Get up then."

The servants lowered their heads, "Yes, Wang'ye." and they stood up.

He smiled and joined me at the table, "Have you slept well?"

"I guess so..."

"I see some dark eye circles... have you been thinking of Yewon?"

"Nothing can be hidden from Wang'ye."

"If something can be, I am unfit to be your husband. Yerin, you've been reprimanding yourself over Yewon's death for the past few weeks... ever since we left Joseon until we came back. I only wished I stopped Yewon from becoming Joseon's Queen 18 years ago. That way you won't have to blame yourself..."

"Wang'ye... If you did stop Yewon, Yeon and Yeji will not be born. Yewon will be lonely forever. These days, I just miss her more than usual..."

"Alright, if you say so..." He chuckles as Hoshi serves him side dishes, "Yerin... these dishes."

I place my chopsticks down, "I forgot... I ordered the entire manor not to have any extravagant dishes for the next three months or any extravagant festivals for the next year." I turned to Eunhee, "Get Wang'ye his favourite lamb dish."

Eunhee bends her knees when Taehyung holds out his hand to stop her.

"Since it is your rule, how can I break it? You are the one in-charge of the manor."

"Wang'ye... the dishes here might not suit your palate..."

"The dishes are a small problem. I can adapt to the changes."

I stand up and bend my knees, "Thank you, Wang'ye."

He makes me sit down, "We're eating right now. There is no need for you to greet me. I've said it multiple times over the past 10 years."

"I can't help it..." I smile, "Wang'ye, our recent spendings have reduced but because we will move to the new manor soon, we might have to spend more money on constructing a little memorial room for Yewon so that Yeon, Ilmin and Yeji can feel at home."

He smiles and nods as he eats the porridge, "It is all up to you, I won't question your spending. How is the business going?"

"It's going well. I will be at the Flower Cloud Pavilion more often."

"If you need anything, call me."

I smile and hand him my handkerchief which he used to wipe his mouth before passing it back to me, "Thank you, Wang'ye."

"You are my wife. It is common that I will help you."

He holds out his hand which I took as we both walk out towards the entrance where Sana and Soonyoung were standing. They bend their knees to greet us.

"Greetings to Wang'ye and Fu'ren."

Taehyung holds my hand and waves his free hand, "Get up then."

"Yes, Wang'ye."

I smile, "I trust you will overlook the move well. With both of you around, I feel at ease."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

Eunha runs up to me and bends her knees, "Fu'ren. The children are ready."

I smile as they run forward and bow with their nannies behind. Yeebin held onto Yeji.

"How's the princess?"

Yeebin bends her knees, "The princess is doing well."

I smile as I see Yeebin's new outfit, she changed into the Qing Dynasty's clothes of a servant.

"Watch the princess well. We will visit the Empress Ju's palace today."

Yeebin bends her knees, "Yes, Lady Yerin."

Taehyung kisses my hand, "Alright, I'll go off first. See you later."

I smile and nod as I walk out with the children following towards the various carriages. Taebi and Taemin behind while Yeon and Ilmin in the front. My carriage will lead. Yeebin will join the carriage with me. Taehyung went on his own carriage as he had to attend Court Meetings.

"Let us go."

I watch the children climb up with their main servants as Jung Ho helped Ilmin and Yeon up while Eunmi, Jung An and Kayo help Taemin and Taebi. I then entered the carriage with Yeebin holding onto Yeji. I smile as the carriage start moving. I open the curtains slightly to look outside the capital where there were mourning colours up. Businesses were going on as usual but it has toned down since the death of Yewon for the next few months too.

"Fu'ren. We have arrived."

I nod as I exit out of my carriage and step down as Eunha helped me down while Eunji assisted Yeebin. I turned as the children come down followed by their servants. I smiled as I helped adjust Ilmin's sleeves and Yeon's collar.

"This is the Forbidden City, where your Mother's altar will rest. It is also the place where your Mother and her brothers grew up."

"That refers to uncle Namjoon and Lord Taehyung?"

"It sure does."

Yeon nods as Ilmin looks around. I smile as I lead the children into the Forbidden City as the servants followed accordingly. We walked through the side gates. Jung Ho approached me and reached out his hand clenched in a fist. I placed my hand on his forearm as we walked into the Forbidden City. We walked a long way before reaching Yewon's palace where the shamans were praying.

"Are we there yet?"

I smiled and nod, "We're here."

All of us entered the gate and walked towards Yewon's nameplate which was in the middle. I walked to the center cushion and kneeled on it as the children followed. Eunha helped me light the incense and handed them to me while two servants were burning money paper. I took the incense and prayed as I held them close before I stood up and inserted them in front of Yewon's name plate. Holding my palms together I said a small prayer.

"Lady Yerin!"

I smiled as Yeon and Ilmin got up with Taemin and Taebi.

"If you wish to look around, go on. I'll be here."

They smile and nod as they move around to explore the pavilion. I kneeled down on the cushion as the shaman started to chant prayers. I closed my eyes as Eunha and Jung Ho stood at the entrance.

'Yewon, may your soul finally rest.'

I smile as the prayers ended, I got up as the monks continued their chantings. Eunha supported me as Jung Ho approached me. I smiled as I saw Taemin, Taebi and Ilmin together.

"Where's Yeon?"

Eunhee shook her head and I got worried as I rushed off to find Yeon. I rushed off and find some eunuchs surrounding Yeon going to attack him.

"Who gave you the guts!"

The eunuchs saw me and kneeled, "Greetings to Heshuo Gongju."

I stepped forward, "Who gave you the guts!"

"Yeon, come over."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter