Chapter 2

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mina's pov]

I stirred from my sleep, "Zhu'er? Are you awake?"

I opened my eyes and saw Arim who helped wipe my hands.

"Arim... How long have I been asleep?"

"Zhu'er, you slept for 2 days."

I smiled, "I've never slept so well before.."

"Zhu'er.."

Arim helped me as I sat up, I glanced to see three servants standing with trays waiting to help prepare me for the day.

"Zhu'er, let's change and get breakfast."

I smiled, "Alright."

Arim turned to signal them forward. The first servant came over with a cup of water and stood with another who held a vase. I gargled my mouth and spit the water into the vase, grabbed the handkerchief next to the vase to wipe my mouth. They both retreated and the third servant came over holding a basin with a cloth. I dipped my hands into the basin and washed my face as Arim handed me the cloth for me to wipe my face.

"Alright, go down." Arim signalled them to go down as she supported my hand and led me to the vanity.

I sat down as Arim helped to bun my hair up and inserted a jade hair stick into my bun. I looked through and added two flower pins into the side of my bun and smiled. Picking up a pair of pearl earrings, I hooked them on my ears as a servant came in with a tray that has my dress on it. I smiled and held out my hand which Arim took and walked to the servant. They both helped me into my inner dress before putting on my outer dress.

"Zhu'er, I have asked people to cook your favourite dishes."

I smiled as Arim held my hand as I walked to the dining table, I sat down as another servant served me porridge while Arim served me as she stood next to me. 

"Arim, it's hard on you.. Do you not want to rest?"

"Zhu'er. I'm content with serving you."

I smiled, "Thank you.. but you worked so hard for the past 18 years without resting. You should at least be able to visit your family."

"Zhu'er..."

I placed my chopsticks down and grabbed her hand, "Arim, I have always been bad to you yet you stood next to me without complaining."

Arim bend her knees slightly and lowered her head, "Zhu'er, being able to serve you is my blessing."

"How about this.. I will award you with silver, bring them home."

"Zhu'er.. do you not want me anymore?"

"Arim, you served me for so long but you never rest. After all we went through you stayed. This is the least I can give you.. if you meet someone, let me know and I will arrange the marriage for both of you."

"But-"

I smiled and pat her hand, "Alright, no 'but's this is an order."

Arim did a full squat, "Yes. Thank you Zhu'er! I will never forget your kindness."

I held out my hand and signalled for her to stand up.

Arim stood up and picked up the serving chopsticks, "Zhu'er, try this duck!"

I nod and chuckled softly, picking up the meat she took.

"Any news on Yerin?"

"Master Kim went to see Gege, but she was cold to him."

I sighed and placed my chopsticks down, "It's all my fault."

"Zhu'er, we didn't do anything."

"If I told Yerin about the plan earlier prehaps she wouldn't be so affected."

"Zhu'er, you can't take all the blame for this! It was because of Beile Gege, she set the house of Heshuo Gege on fire."

"Right.. But-"

"Zhu'er, let's eat first then we'll think of an idea."

I nod and picked up my chopsticks.

"What idea?" I looked up to see Wang'ye walking in as Arim gave a half squat while the other servants kneeled.

I smiled brightly, "Wang'ye!"

I was about to do a deep squat, "Sit down, you just recovered."

"Yes. Wang'ye sit down then."

Bambam nod and sat down opposite me as another servant came over and served Wang'ye porridge and helped him pick dishes.

"It's nice to see that you are better again."

"Wang'ye, I worried you.."

"You are my lawful wife."

I nod, "Wang'ye.. Can we go pick up Khun later?"

"Right.. we'll set off later then."

I smiled, "Thank you Wang'ye."

"Anything else?"

"Can Wang'ye help me?"

"What is it?"

"I want to help mend ties between Yerin and Taehyung.."

Bambam nodded.

"Wang'ye.. You are his best buddy!"

"Alright I will, now let's eat."

I nod, "Yes!" 

He chuckled and looked at me for a while and continued eating.

[Yerin's pov]

I was still in my sleepwear and my hair was still down, I just tied my crown hair up. Eunmi was fanning me as I stared into space. Eunhee came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter