Chapter 33

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I just woke up and was getting ready.

"Gongju... today is the day Han Qinwang becomes Khaan of the Kimah Khan Clan... should we?"

I sighed, "Let's go find Yerim for breakfast."

I held out my hand as Eunhee brought the back of her hand below mine and walked out with me. Just then a eunuch was running over.

"Fire! Fire! Quickly help! Fire! Hui Xianzhu's chamber is on fire!"

I stumbled as Eunhee help support me, my heart clenched when I heard that.

"Gongju!"

I lifted my skirt a little and ran over as the servants all ran in one direction The flame was bursting as the door burned down. I could see Yerim hanging off white silk from the burned door frame.

"Yerim! Yerim!"

"Quickly put out the fire! Bunch of fools who are standing there!"

Eunhee screamed at the servants as they all scrambled to put out the fire. Buckets of water was drawn and I was sobbing.

"Yerim! Why are you so foolish! Yerim!"

I sobbed as I saw her body slowly floating, without an expression. I collapsed on the floor as Eunhee caught me. My knees were weak as I sobbed.

"Yerim!"

"Gege! Why are you so foolish!"

Yura and Yubi were crying by the side as I bawled and screamed.

"Yerim!"

The flames were put out and without a care, I ran into the room as the guards helped Yerim's lifeless body down. The room was not damaged in any way, except a few burns and the bed frame which was crippled. I hugged Yerim's lifeless body and sat down as Jungkook and brother Hoseok ran over while Eunbi and Eunha followed them with the train of servants. All the servants who put out the fire were kneeling and sobbing while I sat down on the ground and held onto Yerim's lifeless body, rocking her.

"Yerim... wake up...."

Eunhee and Jung Ho kneeled beside me as Yura and Yubi kneeled in front of me.

"Ci Gongju...."

"Gongju... please..."

"Yerim...."

I hugged her body close as I bawled. Brother Jungkook approached us as he got down on his knees in shock. He looked around the room as Eunha kneeled beside us.

"Yerim... what-"

"The servants all cried as I held onto Yerim, close to me. I did not let go of her body and sat there lifelessly.

"Yerim.... Why are you so foolish.... the physicians said you had time... we have time... we can find a way. Why do you have to torture yourself like that...?" Those words came out of my mouth repeatedly as I hugged her cold body.

"Sister Yerin... let's prepare for Yerim to leave-"

I shook my head, "It's all my fault... First Yewon... now Yerim.... if only I didn't...."

"Sister Yerin..."

I shake my head continuously.

"Yewon... Yerim... It's all my fault..."

"Zhu'er! Zhu'er! It isn't! Please don't do this!"

I bawled for the next few hours without moving.

"Sister Yerin... please let Yerim go..."

"Yerin."

I looked up as I saw Taehyung.

"Taehyung...." I looked at him with tears in my eyes, "It's all my fault.... for Yewon and Yerim... it's all because of me."

"Yerin..."

He hugged me close as I still craddled Yerim in my arms.

"Yerin... Yerim was the one who was suffering in this world with pain. Now, all we can do is to let her leave properly... please?"

I sobbed and nod as Jungkook carried Yerim's body in his arms before leaving. I got up as Wang'ye helped me up and I wobbled to the door. I went back and all the servants in the manor, guards changed to mourning clothes. I sat in my room mindlessly as I was dressing in white ceremonial robes meant for mourning and inside was a black layer with horse cuff designs outside. I did not say a word as Eunhee stood next to me with Eunmi and Jihu.

"Gongju... let's at least take a bite..."

I shake my head and pushed the snacks away. My hand gripped onto the white cloth Yerim left behind with words, dripping red.

Sister Yerin,

It's Yerim.

I know I am selfish to have left behind you guys.

I'm sorry...

It makes me breathless and suffocated.

I am finally free...

Free from the suffocating crown,

free from burden and worries.

It is tiring as Han Qinwang Fujin

I had to live cautiously...

I lost myself

He lost himself

We are no longer Jeon Yerim and Kim Yugyeom

I feel tired....

I know my children will be well taken care of

His Majesty even bestowed names for them.

Forgive me for not being able to thank him in person.

This letter is meant to answer to my sins

May His Majesty be kind and not drag the Jung and Jeon Clan in for my sudden departure

May His Majesty and Her Majesty, the Empress Dowager care for my children.

I am not worried,

for they have people whom love them.

Sister Yerin,

please...

let me leave.

I feel burdened and tired

I feel like I'm making everyone tired.

My children...

Please protect them.

I am already Han Qinwang Fujin and Hui Xianzhu.

My Children do not need to become anyne special

As long as they can protect His Majesty's country,

be filial to the Empress Dowager

respect the Empress,

that is enough...

I thank you for taking care of me

Please... take care of yourself.

I don't regret leaving....

I am free from pain and suffering...

Thank you...

Jeon Yerim
Hui Xianzhu of the Jeon Clan

"Zhu'er... we have to enter the palace and greet His Majesty."

Jung Ho's words were the only ones I heard. I got up as Eunhee and Eunmi helped me up. I got up on my carriage covered in mourning colours and entered the forbidden city as Eunhee, Koyuko, Jihu, Anhe and Jung Ho along with Deshi and Arjun followed us. I got down as I entered the palace from the main gate.

The palace seemed solemn today. Knowing Yerim passed on, even though they didn't get the decorations up in time, they still managed to change into the mourning clothes slowly. I walked in silence as I reached the Hall of Mental Cultivation where Royal Uncle and Royal Grandmother were waiting for me. They were dressed in mourning clothes too.

"Greetings to Royal Uncle may peace and grace be with you. Greetings to Royal Grandmother." I lowered down on one knee as Eunhee kneeled behind me.

"Yerin... you seem pale."

I got up as Eunhee helped me up and I smiled, weakly.

"Yerim left in the worse way possible... I still haven't..."

"What exactly happened? Is there something we don't know?"

I kneeled down, "Yerim found out it was Han Qinwang's official day where he will become the offical Khaan. She had a smallchat with her servants before asking them to leave her side. She then, locked herself in the room and set in on flames before hanging herself."

Royal Uncle sighed as I took out the bloody cloth Yerim left behind and handed it to Royal Uncle.

"Yerim stated her... just like how when Yewon left, she said that in her final letters. They are finally free."

I nod, "Royal Uncle... I know how Yerim left is a huge embarrassment to the Imperial Family... Please don't deprive her of a funeral and let her leave this world... Please..."

"Your Majesty."

Royal Uncle turned to Royal Grandmother.

"Royal Er'niang."

Royal Grandmother smiles, "Let Yerim leave properly. At least, we are able to see her one last time, she managed to come back to us... unlike Yewon... Yewon will be happy to have someone who will be with her."

"Wumin."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Send my decree. Hui Xianzhu, elegant and gracious, bright and understanding, a gentle and kind wife to Han Qinwang. She is posthumously elevated as Heshuo Gongju of the Jeon Clan, with the title HuiXin. Her funeral will follow that of a Heshuo Gongju! Her tomb is to be build next to Gulun Heshuo Lijia Gongju's tomb. After a year, she can enter the tomb. Han Qinwang, Efu to Heshuo HuiXin Gongju is to enter the capital with all the consorts that belong to him to pay respect. Everyone in the Forbidden City is to observe mourning. The children of the Kang Qinwang, De Qinwang and Duo Qinwang manor are allowed leave from their studies to observe mourning for two weeks. Whoever creates a ruckus or commotion while the Imperial Family mourns for Heshuo HuiXin Gongju will be punished regardless of their rank."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Wumin leaves the Hall of Mental Cultivation.

Yewon's tomb is an empty one, since we couldn't bring Yewon back, we build a tomb as a way of respect.

I touched my forehead on the ground, "I thank Your Majesty in Yerim's stead."

"Yerin, I know it is a difficult time for you. Take care of Yerim's children just like how you took care of Yewon's."

I nod as I got up. "I will... Royal Uncle. If there is nothing else. I will take my leave."

Zuo hands me Yerim's letter and I nod before bending my knees and leaving.

"Gongju."

I looked up as I saw snow slowly coming down.

"It's winter... Yerim must be cold. When we go back, tell the people to remake Yerim's room and put up her potrait in the room behind her casket. Her room is to be well taken care of."

Eunhee nods, "Yes, Gongju... we will do it properly."

I nod as Jihu help me wear my cape and hand me my arm muffs. I took the arm muffs after I wore my cape and I smiled.

'Yerim... I hope you can leave properly. I promise to take care of your children well.'

[Yugyeom's pov]

I was sitting in my yurt and reading through scrolls as Jinyoung enters the room and kneels in a hurry.

"Khaan! Khaan!"

I stood up, "What is it?"

"Khatun... she- Khatun."

The fellow Mongolian Consort, Saeron one of the closer people to Yerim who was making tea got nervous.

"What happened to Her Highness? Quickly say!"

Jinyoung was nervous and sobbed, "Khaan... Please grief, Khatun has passed away yesterday..."

Saeron was shocked and collapsed on her knees, "What? Jinyoung... What are you saying?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I grabbed Jinyoung's collar, "What are you saying? She's fine! Isn't she in the Qing Capital spending time with Lady Yerin? She should be reading or playing chess... say what happened?"

"His Majesty ordered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter