Chapter 39

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year later...

[Yerin's pov]

It was the day of the wedding. Sooyoung helped Taebi prepare as the entire manor was decorated in red before. I went on to see if Taemin's room was properly decorated. I then went to find Taeun as I checked on her.

"Taeun~"

Taeun runs up to me and hugs me, "Er'niang... I am getting married now.. I can't bear to leave you Er'niang."

"Silly child, one day you have to get married too."

Taeun sobs as I wipe her tears, "Taeun. Yeon promised me he will treat you will. It has been a while since he had his manor with Yeji and Ilmin. When you go over, you are in charge of the manor. Make sure to remember Yewon's annivesary and her birthday. Be kind to your servants and treat them well, however that also doesn't mean they can overstep their boundaries and be mean to you."

Taeun nods, "I know, Er'niang... but now that I'm leaving who's going to take care of you?"

I smiled, "I am still here. You will come back on your third day to visit me, won't you?"

Taeun smiles, "I will.. Er'niang, I will come back and visit you."

"Alright, don't cry anymore. I'll go see your sister Taebi, alright?"

Taeun nods, "Okay..."

I pat her cheeks as I help her sit down. Her dowry maid, Eunkyung and Eun Ae help her sit down. I walked out of the room and turn to Eunhee.

"Eunhee."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

"I remember Jihu's sister, Ji Hwan was training under the Flower Cloud Pavilion?"

Eunhee nods as I turn.

"Get Ji Hwan and Jihu."

Eunhee bends her knees as she comes back with Jihu who was holding onto her sister's hand.

"Greetings to Fujin."

"Alright, get up. I have something to ask of you."

Jihu gets up with her sister.

I sigh, "Jihu... will you allow your sister to follow Taebi? I am not at ease if she is just served by Kayo there. What if the servants there take not so good care of her."

Ji Hwan nods, "Fujin, if it is your command. I will obey."

The three of them followed me to go find Taebi.

"Fujin."

Sooyoung bends her knees while Kira kneels and I signal them up. Eunhee, Jihu and Ji Hwan bend their knees behind me as Taebi gets up.

"Alright, alright. Sit down, you are the main character for today. Don't be exhausted before the main event."

Taebi nods as she sits down.

"I came here because I was uncertain about the number of servants you would bring over. I am afraid that someone might be slow in serving you. Sooyoung, will you agree if I ask for Ji Hwan to follow Taebi? She is the sister of Jihu and also a . I have asked and she is willing to go over."

Sooyoung smiles, "Fujin... you have given us enough. The dowry was a lot."

I hold out my hand as Eunhee opens a box and I get out a hair stick.

"This is the item that I got when I first greeted the Empress Dowager. I give this to you as dowry."

Sooyoung was about to stop me when I shake my head.

"Taebi, wear this and enter the Rong Junwang Manor with your head held up high. If there is any grievance you feel, come back. The Kang Qinwang Manor is not just for show."

Taebi nods, "Yes, Yerin Er'niang."

I sigh, "Going over, it won't be like your own home anymore. Remember to be kind to Lady Tzuyu and remember Mina's annivesary. Make sure to have those events in your head. Even if the entire manor doesn't know about them. Make sure you know about them. Remember to go and greet Jun Qinwang and his Ce'fujin once in a while."

Taebi hugs me, "Thank you, Yerin Er'niang."

I smiled, "I raised you just like how I raised Taeun... which is why I want you to enjoy the same treatment as Taeun. That's why I wanted both of you to hold the ceremony together."

Taeun comes into the same room with her two dowry servants and Jung Ho also gets a tray for the two red veils that go over their heads. I smiled as I take one cloth and cover Taeun's head with it while Sooyoung does it for Taebi.

"The time has come!"

Taebi and Taeun both got up with the help of their servants as we all walked out to the entrance of the manor. They all kneeled down as they greeted all of us one last time. I held onto Sooyoung's hand. She gave me a nervous smile as she watched Taebi get married with tears in her eyes. For the past 15 years, Taebi has never left her side for long.

"She'll be fine."

Sooyoung nods as I watch the two of them get up. The beautiful girls whom I loved and cared for have now left my side to start a new life.

[Taeun's pov]

Sister Taebi and I got into our own sedan. I held onto an apple as I opened the veil secretly and took a bite. The sedan then stopped before the Fu Junwang Manor. I quickly put my veil down as the sedan door opens. I come out as Eunkyung comes forward and helps me out.

"The bride has arrived!"

Instruments were played as I could see brother Yeon from the entrance. He took my hand as Eunkyung stepped back. We entered the main hall where we could see Grandmother, Gulun Heshuo Ji Gongju waiting. 

"The newlyweds, get ready for your bows!"

We kneeled down on the cushion before Grandmother.

"First bow to the Heaven!"

We touched our heads on the floor and lifted our bodies.

"Second bow to your ancestors!"

We did the same thing.

"Third bow to each other!"

I turned towards brother Yeon and he turned towards me. We bowed towards each other.

"Ceremony is done! Send the bride to the room!"

I was then brought to a room as I sat on the bed, waiting. I sighed as I fidgeted.

"Gege, don't move too much."

I pouted, "These ceremonial things are too much... Er'niang has never requested much from me."

Eunkyung and Eun Ae readjust my position as the door opens. The two of them kneel.

"Greetings to Fu Junwang."

"Get up."

Eunkyung and Eun Ae got up as the veil is removed. I smile as I see brother Yeon before me.

"Brother Yeon."

"It's husband now."

I blushed, "H-husband..."

He nods as he kisses my forehead.

"Are you hungry? The guests who came have all left. We can eat before going to bed."

I nod as he holds my hand and brings me to the table. I smiled as he helped me debone fish and feeds me.

"Brother Yeon, why did you agree to marry me?"

He smiles, "When I first saw you in the crib, I felt the urge to protect you like I protected Yeji. So I wanted to protect you all my life."

I smiled, "Thank you, brother Yeon."

He nods, "Alright. Get some fish."

[Taebi's pov]

I was waiting for the groom to come. My hands were sweating from anxiousness as the door opens. Kayo and Ji Hwan both kneel.

"Greetings to Rong Junwang."

"Go down then."

Kayo and Ji Hwan left the room. He approaches me and removes my veil. I look up after being in shock. He smiles.

"Taebi..."

"Rong Junwang..."

"I like another way of addressing me."

"B-brother Khun..."

He frowns, "Not this..."

I blushed, "Hus-husband..."

He smiles, "That's right."

He pushed me down slowly as we locked lips. I covered my mouth after the first kiss as he rubs our nose together.

The next day.....

"Gege!"

I opened my eyes as I sat up with Kayo's help.

"This is..."

"Rong Junwang Manor."

I looked around, "Where is brother Khun?"

Kayo helps me down the bed, "Wang'ye went for his court assembly. He told us not to disturb you."

I nod as Ji Hwan enters the room and bends her knees.

"Greetings to Fujin."

"Get up then."

Ji Hwan gets up and then smiles, "Fujin, Rong Junwang Gege is here to greet you."

"Rong Junwang Gege?"

Kayo turns, "It's the daughter of the county of Hubei. She entered the manor last night but Wang'ye didn't go to her room. She is known to be obsessed with Wang'ye. She might take it out on you. Also, she is the one in charge of the manor. Rong Junwang has yet to hand anything to you."

I glance at Ji Hwan, "Yerin Er'niang sent you to help me?"

Ji Hwan kneels, "Fujin. Ji Hwan is here to assist you. If anything happens, Kang Qinwang Fujin will hold me accountable if I can't take care of you well."

I smiled, "Alright, get up. With you around, I can feel the presence of the manor."

Kayo nods as she helps me get ready.

"Fujin, take your time. That Gege is just an , she is no different from the servants and she is supposed to wait for you anyway."

I nod as Ji Hwan walks out and addresses to the lady whom I've yet to meet outside. I got dressed with their help as Kayo supports me while I walk to my main hall. Ji Hwan moves forward and moves the door tassel while I walk to the center seat.

I took a glance at the lady and she seemed so up in her head as she waited for me. I took a seat as I looked at her.

She unwillingly bend her knees as her servant kneeled, "Greetings to Fujin."

I didn't say anything as I looked at her. She remained in that position as we had a staring competition. She then decides to get up on her own.

"Outrageous! Fujin didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter