Chapter 35

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

It's been two years since Yerim's funeral. I sighed as I sat down in front of my vanity as I combed my hair while Jihu and Koyuko come and assist me.

"Where's Eunhee?"

"She went to fetch Huixin Gongju's children. Yeeun Gege and Yunseok A-ge."

I nod as my hair was made into a bun and a hairstick with some bells were inserted to hold it in place. I wore a hair wig on the top of my head on top of my head. I then inserted some pins into my wig and also used some flowers too.

"Greetings to Gongju."

Eunhee's image appeared in the blurry mirror in front of me as I wore my court robe on top of my casual robe.

"Speak."

"Zhu'er, there has been some movements between the Sirin Gioro Clan and the Gingjiya Clan..."

My hands stopped from reaching towards my nail guards which Jihu was holding on a tray.

"What?"

Eunhee nods, "These few months, Lady Sana's Ah'ma has been watching the movements of these two clans after what the Chancellor's daughter did at Heshuo Huixin Gongju's Funeral. Now, there are some movements between the Chancellor and also the Empress."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Empress? How anxious must she be..."

"Zhu'er, what do we do?"

I smiled as I placed my nail guards on and then my accessories.

"Continue to keep a lookout. Is there anything new in the Palace?"

Eunhee nods, "Zhu'er... there is news that Consort Rong is pregnant."

"Meryem...? Right, it's been a while since I saw her. She left the Palace and even brought some tribute gifts for Yerim."

"Gongju, you have to enter the Forbidden City today to greet the Emperor and Empress Dowager. It is soon Empress Huiyuan's death annivesary..."

I smiled as I held out my hand, "I'll have a meal with Royal Grandmother. Get Jung Ho to prepare the entourage. We'll go and greet Royal Uncle then see Royal Grandmother and aunt. Hopefully we can go and see Meryem."

"Yes, Gongju."

I took a seat on my cushioned seats as Jihu fans me. I picked up a book and read it then I opened up the drawer next to me. It was the bloody letter that Chunyi Fujin's servant left behind. Eunhee then came into the room and walked out with me.

"Gongju, next week is the death annivesary of Gulun Heshuo Lijia Gongju. The Emperor has summoned Kang Qinwang back from the borders and will hold a ritual. Jung Ho has already made sure everything is in place. The two Ce'fujins have also gone to get some offerings. The Minatozaki manor and the Park Manor have also sent their offerings to the manor."

I smiled and nod.

"It's been ten years already... now it's time for Yeon and Taemin to really get married and prepare for a family."

"Gongju is right... in a blink of an eye, so many things have happened."

I chuckled, "Right... make sure that Yewon's pavilion is tidied and that her memorial tablet, if it is damaged, do make a new one. also tend to the plum blossoms in her pavilion."

"Gongju, even if you don't say such things we will take them into consideration."

"Alright, I'm just worried..."

I smile as I walked to the entrance of the manor as I entered my carriage as my servants all got ready behind the carriage. They followed the pace of the carriage as we slowly got to the Forbidden City. Eunhee opened the door curtain of the carriage and I got out.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju."

I turned as the guards greeted me, "Rise."

"Thank you, Ci Gongju."

Eunhee took my hand as the servants from behind the carriage followed me behind. I got onto the sedan that I used when I was in the Palace. I got on it as the eunuchs who carried the sedan got up in unison. The sedan slowly made its way towards Royal Uncle's study as a eunuch carried a parasol that hovered over my head to block me from the sun. I looked around at the red walls and the green tiles that covered the top of the hallways and then the stone tiles which decorated the floor. As I recalled the memories I've had in the Palace, the sedan reached the Hall of Mental Cultivation.

"Lower the sedan!"

The sedan lowered as I got up and held my hand out. Eunhee placed her wrist under my hand as I entered the gates of the Hall of Mental Cultivation with the train of servants behind me. I smiled as I saw eunuch Wumin.

"Ci Gongju!"

I smiled as I walked over slowly while he runs down the stairs with another eunuch and they both touch their right fist and lowered their right knee on the ground.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju."

"Eunuch Wumin, quickly rise."

Eunhee bends her knees to greet Wumin as he is the head eunuch in the palace.

"Ci Gongju, it's been a while."

I smile, "Is Royal Uncle inside?"

"Ci Gongju, His Majesty has been waiting for you."

"After you, Eunuch Wumin."

He smiles brightly and nods as he leads me inside. Eunhee kneels down at her position as I lowered down on one knee.

"Greetings to Royal Uncle."

Royal Uncle looks up from his official documents and smiles.

"Yerin, quickly rise! It's been so long since I've seen you."

I smiled, "The mourning period was really hectic... I apologise."

"Alright... you're no longer like the carefree girl who used to run around in the palace with Yewon and Eunbi."

"Royal Uncle... Yerin is forever that carefree girl. I will enter the palace frequently to greet you."

He smiles, "Alright."

I smile as I walked over to Royal Uncle's side and helped him grind some ink.

"Royal Uncle, here."

"Right. I remember it now..." Royal Uncle turns to me, "Yerin... Now that Taemin, Taebi and Yeon are of age to get married. I'd like to grant marriage for them. Anyone in mind?"

I smiled, "Royal Uncle, I have yet to find any good people... I will take some considerations."

Royal Uncle nods, "Alright. Take your time and look around."

"Royal Uncle."

"What is it?"

"I have one request."

"Say it."

I lowered down on one knee as Eunhee kneels, "I hope you will allow my children to choose their own partners..."

"Alright, get up."

I smiled and nod as I changed the topic, "Royal Uncle, I heard Consort Rong is pregnant. Congratulations."

He chuckles, "Alright, alright. It's been a while since my last child came... which was Daehwi... that has been a few years already."

"Royal Uncle, that just shows that you're still young."

"I'm already in my late-fifties, how am I still young?"

I chuckle, "Nonsense! Royal Uncle, you're still young. Aren't I right, eunuch Wumin?"

Wumin smiles, "Ci Gongju is right. Your Majesty is still young and well."

I smiled, "Then, I won't disturb Royal Uncle. If you find anyone suitable for Taemin, Taebi and Yeon do let me know."

He nods as I bend my knees, "I take my leave."

"See you then."

I nod as I hold out my hand which Eunhee took. The both of us walked out of the Hall of Mental Cultivation.

"Gongju, are we going to head to the Palace of Eternal Longevity?"

"Right, let's go there then." I smiled as Eunhee brought me to the sedan. She helped me as I got on top of it.

"Raise the Sedan!"

The eunuchs who were on one knee earlier got up in unison and the sedan was up again.

"Gongju, say... why did His Majesty suddenly talk about granting marriage?"

I shake my head, "Prehaps he wants to grant marriage to Taemin so he can control the Jung Clan."

"Then what should we do?"

I cocked an eyebrow, "We'll just watch and see."

As we approached the Palace of Eternal Longevity, Royal Grandmother's servant came out to greet us. The sedan lowered and I got up as Eunhee helps me.

"Madam Zuo, how's Royal Grandmother?"

"Her Majesty is currently spending some private time chanting prayers. She doesn't wish to be disturbed."

I looked beyond the high gates and got a glimpse of the chambers as I smiled.

"How's Royal Grandmother? Is her health doing alright?"

Zuo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter