Chapter 24

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Eunbi's pov]

I returned to my chamber in anger as Sohee followed me. Wang'ye enters behind me. Sohee bends her knees to greet Wang'ye.

"Eunbi, why did you have to do that earlier."

I turned around in anger, "Do what? The both of you were in the room around, she was close to being . Did you think I was blind?"

Wang'ye sighs, "Eunbi... why did you do this?"

"Do this? Why did you have to say so many promises... why did you have to sweet talk?"

"Eunbi, I didn't. Why can't you believe me?"

I chuckled coldly, "Wang'ye... why do you have to deny it? Why don't you ask why sister Yerin agreed to help me out?"

He looks at me, "Eunbi. Why did you have to be like this?"

"I had to be like this? Wang'ye, all these years of marriage. How many times has that Gingija come to our manor and flirt with you?"

"Eunbi, I have never looked at her one bit."

"What's the point of you not looking at her? She's the daughter of a Chancellor of Qing. What a great family background... and I am just the Gongju of the Khalkh Hwang Tribe. Do you think I don't feel threatened?" I looked out the window, "I am the Khalkh Hwang Tribe's only Gongju. Ah'ma didn't want me to marry here. He wanted me to stay by his side. So you went to visit him personally and promised him you would take care of me forever. Have you forgotten it?"

"Eunbi, I haven't... it seems like only getting Jisoo into the manor as a Gege is the only way to cease your anger."

I smiled, "Does Wang'ye think I'm selfish?"

He holds my hand, "Eunbi... it's all my fault. I should've been more careful."

I shake my head, "I shouldn't have stopped you... I should've."

He pulls me close, "Eunbi, you are the only wife I recongise. Even if there is someone else who is my concubine. You will be the only one who I will recongise as a wife."

"Wang'ye, do you blame sister Yerin?"

"She is my sister, surely she did this to help you avenge Jisoo. Indeed, she has been frequently coming over. Yerin must have noticed."

I nod, "Sohee, send Wang'ye off."

"Eunbi-"

Sohee blocks him and bends her knees, "Wang'ye, please."

He sighs and leaves my chamber. I fan myself as Sohee enters the room.

"Fu'ren! Lucky this time Wang'ye didn't blame you for anything. We can't risk so much next time."

I smirked, "Did you think Er'niang and Wang'ye didn't see through it?"

Sohee glances, "What do you mean, Fu'ren?"

"They know sister Yerin is scheming this but Er'niang also knows Jisoo's intentions so she wouldn't reprimand sister."

Sohee nods as she listens to me, "Will Ci Gongju be able to recover from this?"

I smiled, "Don't you know sister? She is someone smart. To be able to run the manor and take care of all the children. She even had a way to work around Lady Jieun. Do you think she will be so dumb?"

Soobin enters the room with the tray of Jisoo's dress, I glanced at it.

"Make sure it is well-kept and that no one destroys the evidence."

Sohee and Soobin bend their knees, "Yes Gege."

I held onto my prayer beads and moved them between my fingers.

[Yerin's pov]

Lady Gin and Jisoo left the manor earlier. I sat down in my seat with Er'niang alone in the main hall.

"Yerin... Even if Jisoo had any intentions to enter the De Qinwang Manor, you know Er'niang won't allow it."

"Er'niang, do you think someone like Jisoo will give up? She has loved brother for so long. Do you think she's the kind to give up?"

"Yerin, Jisoo isn't a bad person."

I turned, "Er'niang. Please don't blame me for being too straighforward but this is the only way we can protect Eunbi and her children."

Er'niang nods, "Prehaps you're right Yerin."

I got up and lower myself on one knee as Eunhee kneels, "Er'niang, forgive Yerin for acting so rash."

"Yerin, you are just protecting Eunbi. Jisoo's motives are surely not as easy as this.  She has often came to the De Qinwang Manor these days. I'm afraid..."

I got up and took a seat as Eunhee stands behind my seat.

"Er'niang. Making Jisoo a Gege, at the same time it could be seen as an answer to the Khalkh Hwang Tribe and also comfort the Chancellor's family."

"Alright... Eunbyul get the gift out."

I tilt my head as Eunbyul comes forward with a box. She opens it before me. They were new nail guards made of gold and with some lotus designs. Another three pairs of earrings to match. Er'niang also gave me some more nail guards made of metal base and some crystals. I also got a new jade bracelet.

"Er'niang... These are too expensive."

"These are all the accessories I got while travelling. I even got a few more for Eunbi, Eunha and Yerim. Sana and Soonyoung will have theirs too."

I got up and bend my knees, "Thank you, Er'niang."

"Alright, you can keep those."

"Yes, Er'niang."

I wore the earrings Er'niang gave, three on each side. Manchu girls have three ear holes on the loop of the ear as a tradition. Thus our earrings are always in pairs of threes.

"Er'niang, should I start to pierce Taebi's ear soon? She needs to learn how to walk in these Flower Bowl shoes too."

"She's the daughter of manchu descent, she has to uphold our values."

I nod, "Er'niang. If you want, I can bring Taebi over for you to teach her alongside Eunha and Yerim."

Er'niang nods, "Yerin, you're already doing a good job. If you send Taebi over. I'm not sure if Soonyoung will allow it."

"Er'niang, if it's not your manor. It will be the Forbidden City. Royal Grandmother has asked if I want to send Taebi into the palace."

"Your Royal Grandmother has always loved children. So she is protective of the grandchildren of the Imperial family. Hoya and Harim are also entering the palace frequently. Kyet and Khun too. She even asked the Emperor to let them study in the palace."

I smiled, "Royal Grandmother loves her grandchildren a lot. If Taemin and Yeon have to follow Taehyung to the borders, I'm not sure if she will allow it."

Er'niang nods, "Alright. I'll go back first. You go find Eunbi."

"Yes, Er'niang."

I bend my knees to greet Er'niang off as I hold my hand out which Eunhee took as my nail guards hang off the side of her hand.

"Gongju, will Eunbi Gege be angry at us?"

"Eunbi must be upset now."

I walked to Eunbi's chambers. I entered and saw Eunbi sulking as she pouts.

"Eunbi?"

She sulked and turns away as I chuckle. Sohee bends her knees to greet me.

"Eunbi, you know I did that for you right. However, I am worried about how you will interact with her after she enters the manor. I don't wish for you to become like Aera..."

Eunbi smiles, "Sister do you think I am too kind?"

I nod, "You don't seem to use your power when you need too. Always too compassionate."

Eunbi nods, "Sister, why don't you teach me?"

"Teach you what?"

"Sister, you planned all this right? To comfort me and show Jisoo that you support me."

I smiled, "Eunbi, after all. We are neighbours. The kids can just run down the streets and come to your manor in the corner. This is also my home, Er'niang and brother, Hoya and Harim are still here. My children are still here they will be great companions. Mina and Tzuyu are here too, their children are close to the boys too."

Eunbi smiles and nods, "When Eunha and Jungkook marry, they will be growing up together..."

"It will be time that Taemin and Yeon will join Taehyung in the Imperial guards."

"Sister Yerin, you know recently... there are so many incidents of Mongolians being culprits and hurting the people of Qing. I'm afraid..."

I nod, "Eunbi, I'll get into the bottom of this. Do not worry."

Eunbi waves her hand, "I got it sister."

I got up as Eunbi stood up and bend her knees. I smile and bend my knees slightly.

"I'll go off first. Take care of the children."

"See you, sister."

I smile and walk out of Eunbi's chamber as I walk towards the entrance. Eunhee follows me as Jihu and Jung Ho, Eunmi join me.

"Jihu."

Jihu bends her knees, "I am here."

"Jihu, I remember you have a younger sister in our manor."

"Yes, Gongju. Her name is Ji Hwan."

I smiled, "Bring her to meet me later. Eunmi, you will go back with me today. Yeebin, Fulong, Yoru, Kayo and Jung An are enough for tonight."

Jihu and Eunmi bend their knees.

"Yes, Gongju."

I hold out my hand as Eunhee supports me to the carriage at the entrance. Taemin and Taebi ran over to see me off with Yeon.

"Taemin, Yeon. As the big brothers, please take care of your sisters. Taebi, watch out for the girls and Ilmin okay?"

They bow, "Yes, Er'niang/Lady Yerin."

I smile, "Alright. Er'niang will come by tomorrow."

"See you off, Er'niang."

I step up the carriage and send them a smile before I enter and sit in. The carriage started moving as Eunhee and Jihu walk on one side while Eunmi and Jung Ho on the other.

'Mongol clans recently have a rumour that they are harming the Manchus because of Baur. I must find out what happened before they capture Eunbi.'

"Zhu'er? We have reached."

I got out of the carriage as Eunhee helps me down. I walk in with the four of them walking in behind me. I sit down in my room as a few flowers lay before me as I take a pink coloured plum blossom and trim the excess leaves. There were also white plum blossoms and smiled as I look at the flower. Eunhee got me a cup of tea and placed it near me as I picked up similar colours.

"Gongju, you have great hands."

I smiled, "In the past, Yewon's floral arrangement skills were the best. Compared to her, I am nothing."

Eunhee nods as I trim another leaf off before arranging them in the vase. I smiled as I place the last stalk inside and glance at it. Eunmi stands next to Eunhee as they both look at me.

"Eunhee."

"I am here."

"Get the servants to put this in Yewon's pavilion near her potrait. Her altar would need some plum blossoms next to her."

Eunhee bends her knees as she grabs the vase and walks to Yewon's memorial pavilion. Jihu then enters the room with a little girl following her as they both kneel.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju."

I smiled and wave my hand as Eunmi help the little girl and Jihu stand up. Jihu bends her knees as the girl looks at me, staring.

"Gongju, this is my younger sister. Ji Hwan. She is four this year."

"Really beautiful and lovely. Great to assist Taeun."

Jihu looks up in a flash, "Fu'ren?"

I smiled as Ji Hwan looks at me.

"Sister, you are really beautiful."

Eunmi and I chuckle as Jihu was flustered.

"Gongju, forgive her. She's still young!" Jihu nudges Ji Hwan, "Don't be rude. This is the Gongju."

"But sister... this sister is a goddess already, a really pretty one."

I smile and hold my hand out as I trace her fringe and pat her small hands. My nail guards slightly touch her fingers as she looks at me. I smile and nod.

"Ji Hwan."

"I am here."

"Ji Hwan, are you willing to help me take care of my daughter."

"What do you mean?"

I smile, "Help serve and be friends with Taeun. I will feel more at ease if someone is of her age to serve her."

Ji Hwan nods, "Yes I will."

I look up at Jihu as she bends her knees and lead her sister down from the stepping stool up my chair. I smile and nod.

"Jihu."

"I am here, Gongju."

I smile, "I trust you because you have been loyal to me and the Flower Cloud Pavilion. Later, let your sister enter the pavilion and train. Taeun will be in need of a friend. Eunmi will return to my side soon so Ji Hwan will be needed to care for her."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter