Chapter 9

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time Skip, three months after the wedding...

[Yerin's pov-Kim's Manor]

I held onto Jennie's letter that I received before the wedding, and gripped it tightly.

Eunhee entered and bowed, "Fujin, the two Ce'Fujin are here to greet you."

"I got it, let them wait for me at the main hall."

Eunhee bends her knees and leaves my chamber. Jung Ho holds out his arm, with his fist clenched I placed my hand on his forearm and stood up. He walked by my side as I walked to the main hall. Two figures were sitting and chatting as they sat opposite each other with their servants standing behind their chairs. Eunha walked before me to move the beading decoration as I entered the main hall towards my centered seat. The two ladies stand up from their high seats with the help of a stepping stool while their servants kneeled. I stepped on the stepping stool and sat down as Jung Ho and Eunha stood at the side.

The two ladies did a deep squat to me, "Greetings to Fujin."

I nod, "Stand up then."

The ladies stood up and sat down as Jung Ho bowed while Eunha bend her knees. I smiled as I looked at both Ce'Fujin, Lady Sooyoung of the Park Clan and the Lady Sana of the Minatozaki Clan.

Sooyoung turned to me, "Did you sleep well, Fujin?"

I smiled, "I did, what about both sisters?"

Sana nods, "We slept well, thanks to your thoughtfulness. We actually slept well."

Sooyoung nods, "Indeed, you were merticulous about our rooms. Even my favourite rose incense was lit..."

I chuckled softly as I looked at them, "From today onwards, we will be sisters then. I hope we get along well, regardless whether from now onwards there will be an addition of a new heir or heiress within the Kim's Manor... I will put the ugly words in front, I don't tolerate any dirty tricks you intend to pull for the favour of Qinwang. If I find out anything, don't blame me for overlooking the sisterhood we shared."

They both turned, "Yes."

I smiled, "Eunha."

Eunha bends her knees as she signals Eunhee and Eunji forward, they both held trays filled with boxes.

"This are my gifts for both sisters."

I smiled as their servants took the tray as Eunhee and Eunji retreated, "Open them."

Sooyoung turns to me and smiles, holding the opened box revealing a emerald necklace and earrings while Sana got a jade necklace and earrings.

"This is my gift for both sisters, I hope you accept them."

They both nod, "Thank you."

I nod, "Both of you can go back to your chambers to rest after the greetings."

The two ladies stepped down and bend their knees as their head servants did a deep squat, then they retreated. I watched as they left and Eunha came to stand beside me.

Eunha turns to me, "Gege... both ladies seem to be quite good and are on your side."

Jung Ho came over and bowed, "Junzhu."

"Have you checked?"

"Junzhu, Consort Jennie's letters are true. Our men in Joseon have confirmed it, Lady Jieun of the Lee Clan entered the palace with Lady Jennie, rising up in ranks as a servant. Recently she has been asked to serve the King for a few days in a row."

I gripped the table as Eunha turns to me, "Gege, what do we do?"

"I can't sit aside and do nothing... but now I can't do anything. At least Royal Uncle allowed me to go to Joseon in two months." I turned to Jung Ho, "Alert the men there to protect Yewon... no matter what happens."

Jung Ho bows, "Yes Gege."

Eunha handed me my cup, "Gege, would Her Majesty be fine?"

I took the cup and slowly sipped on the tea, "Even if Consort Jieun wants to harm Yewon, she would not have the guts to. Yewon is the daughter of the current Qing Emperor, Emperor Junhui and the daughter of the Empress. She is the legitimate daughter and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter