Chapter 28

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

Eunha was shifted to my own Palace. The Palace of Prolonged Happiness. Servants in the palace gathered and lined up in two rows of eight along with five eunuchs.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju, Duo Junwang Fujin."

I nod, "In these few months, I would be staying in the palace for a while. All of you know the rules."

Alll the servants saw the Flower Cloud Token before lowering their eyes, "Yes, Ci Gongju."

"Good. Has the side chambers been tidied?"

"Yes, Gongju. We tidy up the area every now and then."

I smile, "Alright. All of you get back to what you're doing."

The servants all stood up and made a pathway for me in the middle and lowered their heads as I walk through it while Yerim followed behind me as she supports Eunha. I helped them as Eunji runs to the side chamber to arrange the bed quickly with Jihu. We came in and as Eunjoo helps Eunha sit down.

"Zhu'er..."

Eunha smiles and pats them as she hiss in pain.

"Alright. Eunji, don't worry too much... it's not your fault. Don't worry about it."

Eunji nods as she stands up and help Eunha sit on the bed as Eunjoo removes Eunha's shoes.

"Eunji, Eunjoo. I've sent men over to Duo Junwang Manor to get your things. Jung Ho and Eunmi are at the Gaoying Qinwang Manor to get the items. Later on the servants outside will be here. Don't worry."

"Sister Yerin, thank you."

I pat Eunha's hand, "Alright, rest well first. I will go out first."

"Alright..."

I walk out of the room and move to my main chamber, standing at the entrance as two servants hold onto the door tassels. I smile and enter the door as Eunhee follows me in. I walk forward and come to see the living room on my right, a study next to the living room seperated by a see through partition decorated with different vases. On the far-end on my left it is a bed chamber. A sitting area next to my bed chamber and two wooden chairs opposite it with a table seperating it. I smile and move over to the sitting area that had two stepping stools before each cushioned seat. A table seperates the seperated seats. Each cushioned. A Buddhist altar seperates the sitting area and bed chamber.

"Eunhee. How do you see the situation?"

"The Empress?"

"No. Consort Rong."

Eunhee smiles, "Consort Rong is a beautiful woman inside out. Despite our differences. She is willing to stand up for people and also treats everyone well."

I nod, "What about the Empress?"

"Her Majesty seems to use her power as Empress to suppress people in hopes she will get the Emperor's love in this way. However this is what the Emperor hates. His Majesty is someone who wants the inner harem to be peaceful since he has since how it was during the previous Emperor's reign. He doesn't like it... but..."

"You see it clearly... the Empress has never really gained my respect. I still prefer Chunyi Fujin..."

Chunyi Fujin is Royal Uncle's favourite wife. She married into the Li Qinwang Manor when Royal Uncle was still a Qinwang. She was beloved and happened to be the sister of the current Empress, Empress Mianlan. She gave birth to a Gongju, personal name Namjoo, the younger step-sister of Yewon, who got married to Duke Yonghuai of First Rank, personal name Sungyeol of the Park Clan and resides in the capital. Chunyi Fujin was graceful and elegant, she was well-loved by Royal Uncle because of her kindness. Chunyi Fujin also raised Yewon when she was young. Sadly, they did not spend many years together and Chunyi Fujin passed on shortly after giving birth to Namjoo. Posthumously given the title of Empress, title Huiyuan, and thus Empress Huiyuan. I am relatively close to Namjoo as she was raised by Er'niang and also considered a sister I grew up with.

"Chunyi Fujin... she is really blessed."

"Empress Huiyuan is the right term... she is the only person I'm willing to call Royal Aunt, other than Aunt Quan. She is deserving of my respect. She is close with Er'niang and I'm sure she has her reason why she got along well with Empress Huiyuan. Sadly, after giving birth to Yaohe Gongju... she passed on."

"Gongju..."

"At least, I know she's waiting for Royal Uncle on the road to Heaven."

I smile as the servants arranged my stuff from the manor into the room. Jihu brought over my needlework stand which looks like a table. It had my embroidery items like needles and scissors along with threads of different materials next to it. I smile Jung Ho and Jihu move it to my study. I took a seat on the stool and began working on it. It was soon Royal Uncle's birthday... I decided to make an embroidery potrait of Empress Huiyuan. Another servant stands next to me with a tray, holding tea and also a handkerchief.

"Gongju."

"What is it?"

"He Gege is here."

"Yeji? What?"

I stood up and walked over as Eunhee enters the room with Yeji running in.

"Yerin Er'niang."

Yemin kneels behind Yeji and I was confused.

"Yeji... how did you enter the palace?"

She smiles sheepishly, "I well... sister Taebi came for class and I sneaked onto the carriage with Yemin."

I touch her nose lightly, "You sneaky girl. That's dangerous.. now tell Er'niang why you're here."

"Er'niang... Yeji heard you're going to be in the palace. I want to be here too."

"Yeji, it's not suitable for you to be here... go back home later with your sister."

Yeji frowns and shakes her head, "Yerin Er'niang... I don't want to..."

I sighed, "Alright. Alright... Eunhee, get someone to inform Sooyoung and Sana that Yeji is here and well. Ask Sana and Sooyoung to stay in the manor. Sooyoung will look after Sana in the mean time too as well as the other children. Palace of Prolonged Happiness can house them and the children can here too."

Eunhee bends her knees and walks out as I lead Yeji to my sitting area.

"Yerin Er'niang..."

"Yeji, since you entered the palace. You shouldn't walk around too much then. If you want to go out, go with Ji Hwan."

"Yes, Er'niang."

I nod. "Do you want a playmate here?"

"I want sister Taebi and Taeun to be here. I know brother Taemin will take care of brother Yeon and brother Ilmin well."

"Alright, in this palace. We have a Gongju too. Her name is Naeun, she will be here to play with you while you are here."

Yeji nods and smiles, "Yerin Er'niang. I'll take a walk in the garden."

"Alright... Don't go too far."

Yeji runs off while Yemin bends her knees before she ran up to catch up with Yeji. I watched them as I walk over to my needlework stand again. I turned as I see the servant who was holding tea and my handkerchief. I hold out my hand as the servant came over and I picked up the handkerchief to wipe my hands before I continued.

"Jihu."

"Yes Gongju, I'm here."

"Alright go and see that the clothes are here. Make sure that the winter clothes are ready. It's going to be cold soon."

Jihu bends her knees before leaving. Two servants, Anhe and Yongle came into the room, kneeling.

"Greetings to Heshuo Ci Gongju."

I glanced up and nod as the servant holding onto the tray placed it down and kneeled before me too.

"Gongju."

"Kokuyo, Anhe and Yongle."

They got up and bowed. They're also the people from the Flower Cloud Pavilion who work for me.

"Gongju, we received reports... the Empress' wrong actions aren't a lot but they pile up."

I walk over to my study at Kokuyo places a scroll in front of me. I opened it up and read through as Anhe and Yongle bring some more envelopes.

"I got it. Keep these first."

"Yes, Gongju."

"Gongju, do you want Eunhee, Jihu, Eunmi and Jung Ho to know?"

I smiled, "The three of you will help Eunhee, Jihu and Eunmi accordingly. Remember, you are ultimately of a servant rank here so try aned stay low. Is there any news from the girls at the brothel?"

"Official Hegui and Baur... They have been going over to the brothel and drinking. Afterwards, the girls there managed to follow them and all, those disguised as citizens and the servants we planted in their manor informed us of their movements for the project of the temple visit later. They are planning to sabotage the Emperor's safety and..."

I nod, "Alright then. Good job."

"Gongju!"

Eunhee enters the room, "Gongju, the Empress is here."

I got up and walked over to the sitting quarters as the four of them followed me. They kneeled while I bend my knees slightly and wave my handkerchief over my shoulder.

"Greetings to the Empress."

I take a seat as she sits down after me. Kokuyo got tea as Anhe and Yongle left the room after Kokuyo.

"What brings Your Majesty here? It's still your confinement period."

"I just wanted to check on Eunha... I did-"

"Don't worry too much on Eunha, her injury isn't as bad as Consort Rong's shock. Ultimately, she did it to protect Royal Uncle's consort."

"Yerin, I am your Royal Aunt too but why do you..."

I smiled, "Empress, you must be mistaken. My Royal Aunt is only Empress Huiyuan, Chunyi Fujin."

"Yerin, didn't your Er'niang tell you..."

"Your Majesty isn't that much of a senior to lecture my Er'niang. The Grand Gulun Heshuo Ji Gongju."

The Empress smiles awkwardly as her mammy glares at me and I look back.

"If the Empress is not convinced, you can complain in front of Royal Uncle. By then we can talk about how Consort Rong got injured."

"Yerin, all in all I am still Empress."

I smile, "Of course, you're already the Empress. Who would dare to disrespect you? However please remember how you got to this position."

She gets up and I stand up after her.

"I'll go off first."

"Empress, make sure to think of a way to wash away your sins so you can gain Royal Uncle's love again."

She walks off angered as Eunhee lowers down on one knee while her mammy glares at me and walks out together.

"The Empress is like you said..."

I smirked, "All these years, what she has done to the numerous children in the palace. I've seen it all. Thankfully aunt managed to raise Daehyun with her. Noble Consort Jing was also hurt by her too but Noble Consort Jing, even though she was proud and arrogant she has never hurt any children that belongs to Royal Uncle because she has also once lost a prince before she had Daesung."

Eunhee nods, "The Empress is still the Empress. After what you said to her, will she leave it?"

"She can try to offend Royal Uncle by arguing with me but she won't. Her position as Empress is not as stable after Royal Grandmother made her speech and made her confined in her own palace."

[Yeji's pov]

I walked around the imperial garden while chasing the butterflies.

"Brother Taemin! Brother Taemin!"

I ran up as I saw brother Taemin who was talking to another girl.

"Yeji-ah."

I smiled he pat my head and the sister looked at us while a bit disappointed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter