Chapter 23

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mina's pov]

I was playing chess in my chamber with Tzuyu. I held onto a chess piece as I placed it down onto the board.

"Sister Mina, today Khun and Kyet are going over to Gaoying Qinwang's manor for a sleepover."

"Yes... it's been a while since we greeted them. All of us can also gather for a girls talk at Eunbi's chamber."

Tzuyu nods as she picks up the cup of tea and takes a sip.

"Fu'ren."

Aimi, my other servant alongside Arim and also my Er'niang's heard servant who followed me into the manor after I married, entered the room and bends her knees.

"Fu'ren..."

I turn from the chess board.

"What's wrong? You are so flustered."

"Fu'ren... there's trouble."

"Say, what happened."

"Today, Ci Gongju entered the palace to greet the Empress Dowager and Emperor with the children."

I stood up in a rush as Arim helped support me, "What happened to Sister Yerin? Is something serious?"

"Zhu'er, sit down first."

Tzuyu helped me to sit down as I tried to calm down.

Arim questioned, "Ci Gongju entered the palace to greet the Empress Dowager and Emperor. How is it a troubling thing? Quickly say the story, don't make both ladies here anxious"

"Sooa Gege was rude to the Xi Qinwang Fujin. Ci Gongju tried to speak up for her but that lady is so rude. She tried to push Ci Gongju but was stopped by Xi Qinwang Fujin. Luckily Ci Gongju managed to block Xi Qinwang Fujin from landing on the ground. Gulun Heshuo Lijia Gongju's daughter, Yeji got slapped and Taeun Gege was pushed. Xi Qinwang Fujin fainted due to shock. Initially, Sooa Gege didn't back down and kept pointing everything to Ci Gongju. However, the imperial physician took a pulse and exposed that she wasn't pregnant nor had signs of a miscarriage at all. Sooa Gege was rewarded with the scarlet red by the Empress Dowager."

Tzuyu looked up, "The Empress Dowager?"

I nod, "The Empress Dowager is protective of all children belonging to the imperial family. From Taemin to Hoya, from Taebi to Harim. Khun and Kyet too. She rewarded Sooa Gege with the scarlet red only because of the great general's face who sacrificed himself in the war. If not for the great generals' achievements and the fact that the great general was always loyal to the Imperial Family, the entire Boogiya Hala Clan would have became like the how the Han Clan."

"Fu'ren, would the Emperor overlook this?"

"Her Majesty stepped in because mainly, it concerned Yeji. Yewon's death still remains in the Empress Dowager's heart. She was bedridden for two years because of Yewon's death, if not for Yeji... She would not have recovered. Sister Yerin's children are also important since Yerin is the most beloved granddaughter after Yewon. Yerin grew up in the palace and followed the Empress Dowager and Emperor everywhere. Thus, her children are also deemed as important to Qing as they can help with marriages."

Tzuyu nods as I fan myself with a hand fan.

"Fu'ren, we should get ready to go over to the Jung's manor."

I nod and hold out my hand which Arim took to help me up as Tzuyu stood up too. The both of us walked to the entrance as Aimi and Jina moved the door tassels while Tzuyu and I walked out from my chamber.

"Tzuyu."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

"We should consider finding a right lady for Kyet's marriage soon."

"This..."

"Tzuyu, I know you are worried but I assure you. I will not step in until we are choosing the right Fujin for Kyet. I will allow you to choose his other partner."

Tzuyu bends her knees, "Thank you, Fu'ren!"

I smile and help her up, "Kyet is the only one you have.... just like how I only have Khun. I will not intefere with the choices but only the selection."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

I hold onto my handkerchief and nod as the both of us reach the entrance where Khun and Kyet are waiting with their male servants, Haeil and Hoon. They are twin brothers who are around Khun and Kyet's age they were chose to serve the boys since young.

"Rise."

The boys straightened up from bowing.

"Er'niang, are we going to find brother Taemin and brother Yeon?"

I smiled, "You will see brother Hoya too. Sister Taebi, Yeji, Taeun and Harim will be there too."

Kyet nods as Khun runs around.

"Mina Er'niang, are we going now."

"Yes Kyet, we will be going now."

Khun smiles and holds Kyet's hand, "Brother Kyet, let's go! We can have a sword fight later."

Both boys run off to the carriage as Tzuyu sigh.

"Fu'ren... this-"

"Kids like to run around. It's alright."

She nods as I pat her hand.

"Let's go or we'll be late."

[Yerin's pov]

I was waiting by the carriages that lined up in the entrance of the side palace gates. I adjust my nail guards that I wear often. They were made from bronze and were covered in simple emerald, wearing it on the ring finger and pinky of each hand. It was usually worn by nobles of high ranks.

"Gongju, A-ge and Gege have all ended class."

I nod as I carry Taeun while Yeebin holds Yeji in her hands.

"Yerin Er'niang...."

"Yeji, are u alright?"

She pouts and tug on my sleeve. I smile and pat her head as Yeon, Ilmin and Taemin run over as Taebi was supported by Kayo. The four of them run over with their servants chasing them.

"Lady Yerin, what happened to Yeji and Taeun?"

Yeji pouts as tears fill up her eyes, "Brother Yeon.... Brother Ilmin...."

Yeon carries Yeji in her arms from Yeebin.

"Lady Yerin, who did this?"

Taemin carries Taeun as Taebi checks on both girls.

"Sister Taebi..."

Taebi frowns, "Who was so bold?"

I nod as Yeon rubs Yeji's cheeks that was still slightly swollen while Taemin lowers on one knee as Taeun sits on his lap while Taebi checks on the cut.

"The girls are find now. Her Majesty has punished the lady who did this to them."

Yeji tugs Ilmin and Yeon, "Brother.... Yeji is fine. Royal Grandmother helped Yeji."

Yeon nods.

"Yerin Er'niang..."

I carried Yeji as she looked for me, "Alright, alright. Come here sweetie."

"Thank you Lady Yerin..."

I handed Yeji to Yeebin who carried her and helped Yeon and Ilmin up from kneeling.

"The two of you, quickly get up."

Yeon shakes his head, "Yeji is the only one Er'niang left for me. If something happened to her, I will be guilty for the rest of my life for I did not protect Yeji like Er'niang wanted me to."

"Yeon, get up first." I help him up and Ilmin stood up too, "Ilmin, Yeon... before Yeon left she told me to take care of the three of you until you are of age to marry. I will not forget that and thus I will take care of you until you choose to get married."

Yeon smiles and nods.

"Alright, now let's go off to find grandmother."

They smile and board their carriages as I went on top of mine. Yeon, Taemin and Yeji took the first while Ilmin and Taeun were behind with Yoru and Eunmi. Yeebin, Kayo and Fulong walked beside Yeon's carriage. The carriage started moving off. I looked out of the carriage as I see Eunhee and Jung Ho walking. I smiled as I see people walking around the market.

"Gongju, you shouldn't show off your head..."

I smiled, "Eunhee, I haven't been out in a while..."

"Gongju, if you want to look around. We can do that after we greet Ji Gongju."

"Alright."

I bring the curtain down again while sitting back. The carriage then stopped in front of the manor.

"Yerin!"

I came down of my carriage as Eunhee helps me down.

"What's going on?"

Er'niang comes out of the manor as Eunbyul supports Er'niang out.

"Er'niang!"

I run forward and kneel before her with Eunhee and Jung Ho,  "Greetings to Er'niang."

Er'niang holds out her hand and helps me up, "Yerin... it's been so long since we saw each other."

"Grandmother!"

Taemin, Taebi run over while the other children walk over slowly. Er'niang smiles and checks on the other children as she sees Yeon, Ilmin and Yeji.

"Are you Yewon's children?"

"Greetings to Gulun Heshuo Ji Gongju."

Er'niang immediately helped them up, "Quick. Get up.... there is no need to bow so deep. Yewon was also raised by me since young. She was like a daughter to me too."

I smile, "Er'niang. Let's go in then."

"Right, come on in."

The children run off into the manor while I support Er'niang in. Her nail guards hang off her and while I lead her in.

"Yerin, how have you been?"

I smiled, "Er'niang I've been good."

She nods as we walk to the main hall, "I heard of what happened."

I helped Er'niang onto her seat in the main hall as she stepped up and sat down with Eunbyul's help.

"Er'niang. Royal Grandmother was there. Mainly due to the grandchildren of the Imperial Family too."

Er'niang waved her handkerchief as I sat down on the side chairs as another servant served me tea.

"Your Royal Grandmother loves children a lot, she will not want any of them to suffer."

I smiled and took a sip of tea as Eunbi comes into the room and lowers on one knee while her servant Sohee kneeled.

"Greetings to Er'niang."

"Eunbi, quickly rise."

Eunbi gets up and bends her knees towards me while Eunbyul and Eunhee bend their knees back. Eunbi sits opposite my seat as Sohee stands behind her. Tea was served for Eunbi too as she took a sip and sets it down.

"Yerin, have you been preparing well for Eunha's marriage?"

I smiled, "Er'niang. It's going well. I also have to overlook Yerim's marriage preparations."

She smiles, "Eunha was always loyal to us. Her wedding has to be done well."

"Yes, Er'niang. Eunbi and I will look into it."

Er'niang sighs as she watches the children run around outside.

"It's been 5 years since Yewon passed on... Her children have suffered."

I nod, "Er'niang. the Emperor will be entering the Great Qing soon."

Er'niang nods, "Are they notified?"

"I did but Yeon will refuse to meet his Ah'ma..."

"All in all, he hurt Yewon bad. Yewon's death must still affect Yeon."

"Yes it does. Afterall, Yewon took care of Yeon really well. Yewon and Yeon were also seperated for four years. He lived with the memories of Yewon's last moments and not how Yoongi and Yewon's love blossomed."

Er'niang then stands up as Eunbyul supports her, "Alright. I'm tired. I'll go down to rest first. You guys go ahead."

I stand up with Eunbi as we both bend our knees while the servants lowered on one knee to send Er'niang off.

[Mina's pov]

We arrived at Gaoying Qinwang's manor as a female servant brought us to the main hall. Sister Yerin and Eunbi sat opposite each other as they chat. Khun and Kyet followed us behind and came forward.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju. Greetings to De Qinwang Fujin." We bend our knees as Arim and Jina kneeled while Khun and Kyet bowed.

Sister Yerin smiles and waves her hand, "Quickly Rise."

Eunhee and Sohee bend their knees to greet us.

"Thank you, Sister Yerin."

"You're here early."

I smiled, "The children are going to spend time together. I thought I'd come earlier so they can chat even more."

Eunbi smiles, "Soobin!"

A female servant enters and bends her knees, "I am here."

"Bring the two A-ge down to play."

"Yes, Fu'ren."

Khun and Kyet followed the servant down to the main courtyard where a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter