Chapter 41

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kang Qinwang Manor]

Yerin returned to the Kang Qinwang Manor as all the children under her gathered. Yeon, Yeji, Taemin, Taejoon, Taebi, Taeun, Ilmin, Yeeun and Yunseok all gathered in the main hall. They were all solemn after the Emperor's death. Eunbi, Eunha came over too.

"Alright... since we're all here..."

Eunbi looks up, "Sister Yerin... what's wrong?"

Yerin sighs, "Now that the new Emperor is here. He must be aware of the power we Jung's possess. I now must warn you all to be careful. The new Emperor is not like Royal Uncle, he has a mind of his own. Taemin, Yeon, Taejoon... along with Junho and Hoya, don't stand out too much in court."

Eunha and Eunbi both nod, "We understand..."

"Now that there is a new Emperor, we have to declare our loyalty to the new Emperor. These days, it seems like the Emperor will rise up to the throne in three months after the mourning period. Now then..."

Taemin nods, "I understand, mother... I will do my best to serve the new Emperor."

"Alright, these few days we will be entering the Palace for frequently to pay respect. I expect the entire manor to be strict. Both brother Hoseok and Jungkook will be returning from the borders soon. Eunbi, Eunha if there's nothing... go and take a rest in your rooms."

Eunbi and Eunha nods and then leaves the Kang Qinwang Manor.

"The rest of you, go down and rest too. We'll need the rest we can get."

The children were about to leave when Hoshi enters the room.

"Fujin!"

"What is it?"

"Emperor Yoongi is here."

Yerin glances at Yeon, Ilmin and Yeji before turning to nod.

"Has he entered the Forbidden City to pay his respects?"

Hoshi nods. Everyone got up and Yerin turns to Naeun and Taebi, "Alright... the two of you must be tired now, Taebi go back and rest. Your pregnant now, aren't you? Yeeun and Yunseok, go back to find Sooyoung and Sana."

Taebi nods as she leaves with Naeun, Yeeun and Yunseok. Yerin sighs as Taehyung comes over.

"It's been a while since we last saw him. The Joseon trip keps getting pushed back..."

The group heads out to greet Yoongi, dressed in mourning clothes.

"Emperor Yoongi."

Yerin bends her knees slightly as a way to greet him. Yoongi nods as he knows it was the furthest greeting she could give Yoongi here.

"It's been a long time, Emperor Yoongi."

Yoongi looked different from the time he made a trip to Qing... he looks thinner. Yoongi met eyes with Yeji... he was stunned.

"Please come in, Emperor Yoongi."

The group goes in and Yeji stands in the middle. Emperor Yoongi looks at her deeply.

"Yeon, Ilmin, Yeji... go greet your Father."

The three of them nod, Taeun joins the group as Yeon pulls her along. The four of them stand together as they greet Yoongi. Yoongi's eyes were laid on Yeji, because of her close resemblance to Yewon. Yerin looks at the interaction from a distance and sighs. Emperor Yoongi is now 44 years old. If Yewon was alive, she would be 42 years old.

"Nice children... hello."

Emperor Yoongi's eyes landed on Taeun who was pregnant and smiles.

"Lady Yerin, I have something..."

Yerin got up as Emperor Yoongi passed the scroll to her. She opened it and read it.

"Crown Prince Consort? My Taeun?"

Yoongi nods, he had intended to crown Taeun Crown Prince Consort as Yeon obtained and kept his title. Yeon and Taeun look at each other as Yerin continues.

"The child that is born will either be a Prince or Princess of Joseon?"

Yoongi smiles and nods. Yeon was about to say something when Taeun stops him as she bows, "Thank you, Father."

"You're welcome child."

Yerin hands the scroll to Eunhee and then steps forward.

"Emperor Yoongi, why not go and see Yewon?"

Yoongi looks at Yerin and the two head over to Yewon's memorial pavilion. He looked around at the pavilion and smiled.

"It's been so long..."

"Emperor Yoongi, it's been years since you came and greet Yewon here.."

Yoongi nods, "I plan to abdicate the throne soon... in a few years."

Yerin looks at him, "Why...?"

He smiles, "I spent 13 lonely years without Yewon... when she was here I couldn't spend time with her and she died lonely. After Yewon left, I spent long hours sleeping and lesser time working. For a while, Yoonhi was the one who was taking care of my works and also doing things. I see the potential in him."

Yerin smiles, "How's the Queen Dowager?"

"Royal Grandmother is still in good health... she's been spending time praying more than doinng anything."

"I'll make sure to bring the children and visit Joseon soon. Yewon will be very happy to see them."

Yoongi nods, "The trip has always been pushed back, please do come and visit us."

Yerin smiles, "Alright. Emperor Yoongi, Yewon has been waiting for you.. for so long."

He enters the pavilion and the door shuts behind him. Yerin sighs as she sees this scene, after so many years... the death of Yewon and Yerim never seemed to leave her, she's always thinking about them all day and night... now, even Mina.

"Mother Yerin."

Yerin turned and see Yeji in a hanbok, of course fit for mourning. It was white and black. She saw Yewon's shadows in Yeji and frowned a little before smiling.

"Yeji, your Father is here... I believe he wishes to spend time with you, do spend time with him."

Yeji nods as Yemin bows to Yerin who leaves them. Eunhee helps Yerin out who returns to her room.

"Gongju! This is bad!"

Jihu enters the room in a rush.

"What's wrong?"

"Han Qinwang is here... he's just outside the manor..."

Yerin got up in a rush, "No- Yeeun!"

Yerin left the room in a rush as Eunhee and Jihu followed her. Yugyeom already met eyes with Yeeun and Yunseok.

"Han Qinw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter