Chapter 37

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I woke up the next day as I changed into a blue outerwear and also wore my accessories.

"Zhu'er."

Anhe enters the room and bends her knees, "De Qinwang Fujin, Duo Qinwang Fujin and the two Ce'fujins are here to greet you."

I nod as I adjusted my nail guards and put on my bracelet. I held out my hand which Eunhee took as Anhe followed me out too. Eunbi, Eunha, Sana and Sooyoung stood near the entrance by their seats with their attendants. I took a seat as they all lowered down on one knee.

"Greetings to Kang Qinwang Fujin."

I smiled, "Quickly rise."

They all got up and I nod.

"Take a seat."

"Thank you, Fujin."

I turned to Eunhee, "Get tea."

Eunhee bends her knees as she leaves the room then comes back with Kokuyo and Jihu who carry in tea. I turned to all of them as the tea was placed down.

"All of you may go down."

All the attendants bend their knees, "Yes."

Eunhee guides everyone to leave and then closes the door behind her. I smiled as I adjusted the prayer beads in my hands.

"I'm sure you're all here for a common question."

Eunbi turns, "Sister Yerin... that... we heard about the Empress."

I fiddled with my prayer beads and then glanced at them, "I finally got revenge for Yewon, Yerim and Chunyi Fujin, even the people who died in the hands of the current Empress. Finally. I couldn't have done it if not for Sana."

Sana smiles, "It's my job to assist you, Fujin."

"I have sent my gifts over to your manor for both your Ah'ma and your Er'niang."

"Thank you, Fujin."

I wave my hand and nod as Sana returns to her seat again. I glanced at Eunha and Sooyoung too.

Sooyoung then speaks, "Fujin... May I ask, what was the involvement of the Empress?"

"She was the mastermind behind Chunyi Fujin's death and also the harming of Namjoo Gongju. If not for her, Chunyi Fujin would've still been here. She changed the walnuts of Chunyi Fujin into peach seeds and  also replaced the tea Chunyi Fujin drank to safflower during her pregnancy. Chunyi Fujin gave birth to a child for three days and three nights, losing so much blood it was difficult to recover and she finally left this world."

Eunha sighs, "Fujin..."

I glanced at them, "As for Yewon and Yerim, the Empress was also involved in drawing Yewon to Joseon and also spreading wrong information to Yerim. She wanted Yerim to know that she was abandoned by Han Qinwang when in reality, Han Qinwang never touched anyone other than Yerim even to this day."

Eunbi smiles, "Sister Yerin, we know you're not someone who does things rashly. We were just wondering what made you so angry."

I nod, "I understand you're worried for me, but now that the Empress has indirectly been desposed, we can finally stop the Sirin Gioro Clan from continuously doing bad things. All these years the Niohuru Clan also has been involved in various corrupted activities."

Sana turns, "Congrats to Fujin, you have finally managed to fix the thing you were worrying for deep in your heart."

"Right..." I picked up my teacup and took a sip before continuing, "Next week is Yewon and Yerim's anniversary and birthday... I plan to hire some monks and do some chants for them. I will also be sending offerings and some written scriptures to the Bao Hua Temple in the Palace."

"We got it Fujin, later on we will also send items together."

I smile and nod, "Alright. Since you guys are done greeting me, you can all leave now..."

The four of them got up and bend their knees before turning to leave. Eunhee then enters the room as I held out my hand which she took. I got up as I sighed.

"Eunhee, remember the information on Sirin Gioro Yihui? Tell me all about her."

Eunhee nods as she guides me to sit down, "She is the daughter of the Assistant head minister of the Department of Sacrifices and Festivals. Ever since young, she grew up in the Forbidden City after her aunt became the Empress. She was born a few days after Gulun Heshuo Lijia Gongju's death and thereafter entered the palace. Both of them grew up together and loved each other a lot. During the bride selection, Xi Qinwang was going to choose Yihui Gege as his Fujin."

I smirked, "Just like her aunt, both really cunning."

"Zhu'er."

"Alright, where are the children?"

Eunhee smiles, "Shizi and Yeon Shizi are currently in the palace with Ilmin Junwang studying. Taebi Gege and Taeun Gege have gone to find Eunki Gege and Harim Gege. Taejoon Beile went to find Junho Beizi."

I nod, "I got it."

"Yerin Er'niang!"

I smiled as I heard a familiar voice. Yeji ran into the room with Yemin behind her. 

"Er'niang!"

"Yeji-ah." I took my handkerchief and wiped her tears.

"Where have you been?"

Yeji giggles, "I just put Yeeun for a nap and came over to find Er'niang."

I smiled, "Alright. There are some people I'd like you to meet."

Eunhee bends her knees as she glanced out. Hana and Hera entered the room as they kneeled.

"Greetings to Ci Gongju."

Yeji runs in front of them, "Are you the ones Yerin Er'niang wants me to meet?"

The both of them looked up at a familiar voice and were in shock. Everyone who knew Yewon well would be in shock whenever they see Yeji... they were just, too alike.

"Jia Gongju.... I-"

Hana and Hera were in tears, for so many years they surely have missed their mistress whom have treated them well.

Yeji glances at them, "I'm Yeji, Jia Gongju is my Er'niang."

Hana and Hera then looked up again as Yeji wiped their tears and pulled them up.

"Ci Gongju, we have been impolite..."

I waved it off, "After so many years, you guys are one of the people who actually remember Yewon other than me... it's nice to know that Yewon still has people who care for her."

Hana and Hera glanced at Yeji and I smiled as I held out my hand which Yeji took. This scene, all so familiar. When Yewon and I were young, we often walked around the palace hand in hand. Hana and Her watched us as their tears flowed.

"You guys managed to remember my Er'niang even though it has been so long since she left... it is so rare."

Yeji smiles at them and I pat her head before looking at Hana and Hera.

"These are the two servants who are watching over your Er'niang's pavilion... So if you want to hear stories about your Er'niang, you can go and find them. I was initially wondering if they'd want to serve you, but I figured that it might be difficult for them to leave the pavilion and Yewon will be alone again."

"Yerin Er'niang, I'll just go find them instead... Er'niang needs people around her afterall."

I smiled and nod, "Alright. Yeji, it's time for your lessons again. Go down then."

Yeji nods as she bends her knees and leaves with Yemin, not forgetting to greet Hera and Hana. I smiled as I watched her backview before turning to Hana and Hera.

"They're just so similar.... Yewon and Yeji... So much similarity..."

Hana nods, "Ci Gongju... all these years it hasn't been easy for you."

The both of them kneeled, "Thank you for avenging our mistress."

I smiled as they touched their foreheads on the ground.

"Get up."

Eunhee and Jihu help the both of them up.

"Yewon and I have been friends for so long, if not for the Empress... Yewon wouldn't have lost another Er'niang... neither would she have to be in Joseon, far away from everyone. Thankfully, all of you were there..."

Hana and Hera listens to me as they remember Yewon.

"Right, next week is Yewon's annivesary and also Yerim's birthday. I intend to hire monks to do some chants for the both of them... I hope you two will be there too. Do help me clean up the pavilion."

"Yes, Ci Gongju."

I wave my handkerchief, "Alright. The both of you can go down then."

Hana and Hera bends their knees, leaving the room. Kokuyo enters the room after they left.

"Zhu'er, Jun Qinwang Fujin is requesting you to go to her manor."

I nod, "Get the carriage ready, I'll go now."

Kokuyo bends her knees and leaves while I hold out my hand as Eunhee takes it. I brought Eunhee, Jihu, Kokuyo, Jiali and Jiayi with me. I arrived at the Jun Qinwang Manor in my carriage as the doormen quickly brings a step for me to get off my carriage. Aimi, Mina's servant was waiting for me.

"Ci Gongju." She bends her knees and I nod, "Fujin is waiting for Gongju inside."

"Lead the way."

I followed Aimi as Eunhee supports me in with Jiali and Jiayi following while Jihu and Kokuyo guard the carriage. I smiled as I reached Mina's chamber. I turned to Jiali and Jiayi.

"Both of you, wait here."

They bend their knees, "Yes, Gongju."

I entered with Eunhee as Aimi leaves the room too. I turned and saw Mina and Arim. Arim kneels as Mina stands up to bend her knees.

"Sister Y-"

"Greetings to Ci Gongju."

I helped Mina up quickly, she looked so pale.

"Mina, what happened?"

"Sister Yerin..."

I helped her sit down as Arim stands up.

"Ci Gongju... Our Zhu'er is pregnant..."

"Pregnant? Why is she this pale then..."

I glanced at her rounded stomach as I looked at Arim.

"How long has she been pregnant?"

"It's the eighth month for our Zhu'er... the physicians kept saying that her pregnancy will harm her but.. she wants it."

Mina grabs my hand weakly, "Sister Yerin... I once asked you to protect Khun and you did it... now can I ask you for something?"

I nod, "Speak."

"I want to keep this child but... it's difficult, the poison has been spreading."

"Poison? The one that the Hirai Clan forced you to take?"

Mina nods as she continues speaking, "The physician said that my body is already not suitable for pregnancy, further more... Wang'ye has just left to guard the borders with Kang Qinwang, De Qinwang and Duo Qinwang. I can't ask him to come back..."

I sighed, "Mina..."

"Sister Yerin... Lady Yewon, Lady Yerim... all their children, you took care of them just fine... I won't ask you to take care of mine, but can you help Tzuyu. I won't tell her... if anything happens to me while I am trying to give birth. Hand this to Wang'ye."

Mina places the letter in my hand and cups it. I nod as I take the letter, handing it to Eunhee. I then place two fingers on her wrist and took her pulse.

"I have a way to save the child..."

"Really?"

I nod as I write a fomula out and hand it to Arim.

"But, the delivery of the baby... must be kept silent from Bhuwakul, during the delivery you will experience a pain close to burning fire..."

Mina nods, "Sister Yerin, you have a way don't you?"

I glance at Mina, "Flower Cloud Pavilion is the safest palce for you to stay if you want."

Mina smiles, "Okay... Sister Yerin, in this mean time, I have already written a few letters. Can you help me send them to Wang'ye. I have numbered them in the corner."

"Alright..."

"I will go to your manor in a few days. Later, I hope you can help me too."

I nod and smile as I bid her farewell and leave the Jun Qinwang Manor.

[Mina's pov]

I smile as I pat my belly after sister Yerin leaves.

"Arim, hand over my rights to Tzuyu in the time being. She is in charge of everything that happens in the manor. To the outside, just say that I will be in the countryside's manor."

Arim bends her knees, "Yes, Zhu'er."

I sighed as I looked out, "I wonder how long more I have left.. I must deliver this child safely..."

A few days later, I packed my things.

"Sister Mina!"

I turned to Tzuyu and smile.

"Sister Mina..."

"Tzuyu, you will do a good job. I know you can help take care of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter