Chapter 16

Back Again: Restart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yerin's pov]

I was sitting around with Sana and Sooyoung. I smiled as I placed down another chess piece while Sooyoung figured out what to do. The girls were playing with cloth dolls near us as the boys played with wooden swords in my garden. Yeji was on Sana's lap while Taebi entertained her. I smiled as I picked up another chess piece while Sooyoung placed hers down.

"No, wait. I placed it wrongly-"

"Sooyoung, you can't be so cheap."

Sooyoung pouts and slams the lid on the container where the chess beads were, "I'm not playing anymore! Regardless, I always lose."

"Sister Sooyoung, don't be mad."

Sana laughs as I snickers while taking a sip of tea.

"Lady Yerin."

I turn as I see Yeon come into the room and bow.

"Yes, Yeon?"

"Lady Yerin, where is the young eunuch that was injured in the morning?"

"Any reason...?" I sat up and nod as he explained himself.

"Actually... it's because of me that he dropped the cloths that were intended for Mother. I bumped into him and the cloth dropped. The eunuchs were about to hit me but he covered me and caused injuries. I can't repay him ever..."

I thought a while then looked at both Sooyoung and Sana before turning back and smiling, "He's currently resting at the manor at the servant's quarters. If you really want him to serve you, I will make him your eunuch then."

Yeon smiles, "Thank you, Lady Yerin."

"But. He will have to go through some tests first. You just arrived at Joseon and I don't wish any new faces or new servants will take advantage of you."

"Yes, Lady Yerin."

I turned, "Jung Ho, get the young eunuch to come and meet me after he has recovered."

Jung Ho bows, "Yes, Fu'ren."

Yeon smiles, "Thank you, Lady Yerin!"

I smile, "Go down and play then."

Yeon stands up and bows as he leaves.

"Sister, you made up your mind...?" Sooyoung and Sana turn to me.

"Yewon's wish is for her children to be happy and so do I, they left their home to find a new home. However, I have to check this eunuch's background to see if he has any suspicious connections or any bad reputation just in case he has any thoughts to harm the children. Other than that, I will let her children do whatever they want. Ilmin mentioned once that he would use the eunuch and servants he had from Joseon. I won't stop them from doing things that make them happy."

Sooyoung turns, "Indeed, we have to check the background. Not only will he harm Yewon's children but also the children of the Kimgiya Clan. This will cause all related clans to be hurt by it."

Sana nods, "Precaution should be taken but if the eunuch is clean. He will be of great help."

I smile as I look out and turn to Kayo and Yeebin who stood at the side, "It's late now. Serve both Gege's to bed."

Taebi bends her knees with Kayo as Yeebin carries Yeji and goes down.

"Sana."

"Yes, Sister...?"

I smile, "Do you wish to have a kid...?"

Sana nods, "I wish I can have a child. Whenever I look at Yeon, Ilmin and Yeji I often think that Lady Yewon is a fortunate women to have three children who keep her company and even, living out her legacy."

Sooyoung smiles, "Sana, one day... it will be your turn to give Wang'ye a child."

I suddenly gag and calm myself down before I gag again.

"Eunhee, quick! Get the physician." Sooyoung called as Sana pat my back.

Sana took my teacup and held it in front of me as I dropped it by accident before I vomitted again. The girls helped me as I was brought to my bed, some of the servants cleaned up the shattered ceramic. My head accessories were removed and my hair was let down. Eunji helped get cushions and adjusted it as I got dizzy again.

"Wang'ye is here!"

I turned as Wang'ye came into the room while Sana and Sooyoung along with the servants bend their knees.

"Greetings to Wang'ye."

He didn't seem to care about whatever they did and came straight to sit on my bed as he worriedly wiped my sweat.

"Yerin... what's wrong?" He turned to the servants, "How did you serve Fu'ren? If anything happens, I will hold you accountable."

I grabbed his hand and shook my head, "Wang'ye, don't blame them. They didn't do anything wrong."

He let out an angry sigh and helped me, "Where's the physician?"

Sana turns, "Wang'ye. Eunhee already went to call upon him. He should be here already."

Taehyung held my hand and kissed it, as if trying to comfort me and reassuring me everything will be alright.

"Greetings to Wang'ye."

We all turned to see Eunhee and the physician.

"Quickly rise. Take a look at what is wrong with Fujin!"

The physician got up as Eunhee came over and covered my wrist with a handkerchief as the physician took my pulse for a while.

"Congratulations Wang'ye, Fujin! Fujin is with a child."

I smiled, "Really...?"

The physician nods, "It's a 4 month old fetus. Fu'ren just doesn't realise it because you didn't have any symptoms until now."

Taehyung frowned, "Will it get worse..?"

"Since the symptoms are already hitting, it might get worse for the next few weeks or for the remaining of the pregnancy. Fujin will have to suffer a lot if she wishes to give birth to the child."

"Is there a way to surpress the symptoms."

The physician nods, "Just drink a soup with pearl barley, poria, chinese yam and gordon euryale seeds. It should help with the nausea."

Taehyung turns to Eunhee, "Make sure that soup is available for Fu'ren whenever she needs it."

"Yes, Wang'ye."

I smiled as I touched my belly.

"Congratulations to Wang'ye and Fujin." Sana and Sooyoung lower down on one knee while the servants kneel.

I smile as I sat down, "Wang'ye. Prehaps, this is Yewon's gift."

He pats my hand, "Alright then, if you want this child. Those who serve you will have to be extra cautious."

"Wang'ye. A report about the famine in the Southern Qing just came."

I smile, "Wang'ye, go for your work then."

Taehyung pats my belly, "Don't let your Er'niang suffer too much." He then kiss my forehead before leaving.

Sana, Sooyoung and the female servants bend their knees as Taehyung leaves.

"Congrats to Fujin."

I smile, "I feel much better now after the physician took my pulse and got me some medication."

"Sister can I touch your belly...?"

I nod and chuckle.

Sana smiled and touched my belly, "Get some of your good fortune and hopefully I will get a child."

"Sana, now it's just you. Between us, your body has always been weak. I have a red ginseng that the official of Hanoi gave, drink some of it and maybe you will get a child."

"Thank you Fujin."

I held out my hand as Sana took it and stood up.

[Sana's pov]

I worked on an embroidery in my room as Riyu brought me a cup of tea.

"Gege, what are you thinking of...?"

"Seeing how sister Yerin has a child, I am envious..."

Riyu smiles, "Gege, one day you will have one too."

I nod, "Father and Mother have been expecting me to get a child..."

"Gege, why not we try the red ginseng Fujin gave?"

"Prehaps we should try..." I took the cup and sipped on the tea, "Once I have a child, I hope he will become like Taemin, Yeon or Ilmin if it is a girl, prehaps like Taebi or Lady Yewon's Gongju. I want this child to be a great help to Qing."

Riyu smiles as I sat in front of my vanity while she took off my 'flag head' hairstyle that I wore. It's common for women of nobility to wear such a hairstyles, when they enter the palace while the servants had their hair in buns or braids.

"Gege, why such a deep thought...?"

I shook my head as I picked up by hairstick that Wang'ye gave me when I married into the manor. Both sisters also got hairsticks too. Mine is a dragonfly while Soonyoung also has a bee while Sister Yerin has a butterfly. All of them have falling beads that touch each other when we move our heads.

"Gege?"

I smile as I took off my outer dress and wore a long sleeved top and pants as nightwear with my hair down. My crown hair was tied up as I sat down on chairs near my bedside. I removed my flower bowl shoes and wore flats, like any girl. I then worked on an embroidery on a dudou and made some designs of a lotus and a dragonfly.

"Gege, it's almost midnight."

I nod and walk to my bed, laying down as Riyu pulled down the lace curtains. She then sat beside my bedside and fell asleep. I tossed before I fell asleep.

[Yerin's pov]

I woke up feeling much better than yesterday and was dressing up in front of my vanity, in my white dress with some butterflies on it along with my butterfly shoes. Eunhee helped me bun up my hair and inserted a butterfly hairstick into my hair. Then used some flower pins and inserted it into my hair. I smiled and picked up a white lily and placed it near my left ear, inserting it into my bun. 

Eunhee smiles, "Fu'ren. Today is the day sister Eunha will receive her decreed..."

I chuckle and touch the falling beads from my hairstick, "Indeed she will. Has everything been prepared?"

"Fu'ren, Jung Ho got everything down."

"Tell Jung Ho to make sure Eunha's room is easily accessible."

Eunhee nods, "Fu'ren keeps sister Eunha in mind. All of us will be cautious and make sure she feels comfortable."

"Alright then."

Eunmi enters the room, "Fu'ren."

I smile as I hook on my white pearl earrings, "Eunmi, how are the children?"

"Yes, Fu'ren. Yeon and Ilmin have adapted to the manor. Both girls in the manor are getting along fine. Yeji Gongju often looks for Taebi Gege..."

I smile and nod, "Right... How is the young eunuch Yeon was talking about?"

Eunmi bends her knees, "Fu'ren. The young eunuch is able to walk now and all his injuries have recovered."

"Alright. Let the young eunuch come over to meet me when he's ready."

"Yes. Fu'ren."

I nod, "Go down then."

Eunhee supports me, "Fu'ren, breakfast has been prepared."

We both walked over to the table to that the servants have set up. I smiled and sat down, drinking the soup that the servants prepared as order by the physician. Eunhee picked up another pair of chopsticks and got some side dishes and placed it on my plate while I wiped my mouth a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter