The Lucky Hour Club

Of Crime and Passion: Lady Jung (Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein was trying to calm down.

She hates that Hyejin can piss her off so easily.

Now, usually, she doesn't have a problem with Hyejin's affairs. Most of the time, they were meaningless. Really meaningless. No feelings. And easy to erase. She never even gives these affairs a second glance when it's over. But this one, she really, really had a bad feeling about it.

So now, let's do a quick recap of what we know about the girl.

So from what we've seen earlier, Kim Yongsun knows exactly who Byul is. She flinched when she heard her voice. So, it's possible that she lied about not knowing who Hyejin is. And now we also know that she works for the Lucky Hour club.

The Lucky Hour Club.

She breathes in and out through her nose trying to calm herself but hits the steering wheel every now and then.

Byul needs to know about this first before she does anything.

She needs to find out more about this girl.

Or she can just have Valentine take care of her. It would be easy for her to call Valentine, tell him she wants to get rid of the girl and she'll disappear forever. No one will look for her, no one will know, no one will ever find out. Valentine would do that for her.

But Hyejin's words rang in her ear.

Wina, her work there has nothing to do with us. She's a good person! She's just trying to find her place in the world. Please, just leave her alone.

And as much as she hated Hyejin, she was a very good judge of character. So maybe that's why this is affecting her more than it should.

She was getting extremely frustrated. But she needed to stay calm. Nothing good ever comes out of acting out based on your emotions.

Think. Think, Wina! Use your head, not your heart. Your heart can be deceived, but facts will remain true no matter what happens.

W: Yeah dad, I heard you.

She groans and muttered under her breath.

She drives down to the basement parking of their building and rides the elevator back to her office.

She puts down her things and buries her face in her hands.

She sighs and then straightens up on her seat. She picked up the phone and pressed the button for Byul's office and let the phone go to the speaker.

B: Yes?

W: A word.

B: Okay, come to my office.

She stands up and fixes her hair and smoothes out her dress. She cracks her neck and walks out the door with her head held high.

Wheein was taught from a very young age that confidence is everything. Her dad said that she should never let anyone see her falter or breakdown. She should always be cool, calm and collected. And that's exactly how she looks now. Not a sign of stress on her face even though inside, she was ready to burst.

She had a certa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter