Divorce

Of Crime and Passion: Lady Jung (Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein groaned and put her hand to her head when she saw Hyejin at the door.

She quickly glanced at Sandeul and then at the two Interpol Agents in the room with her.

She exchanged looks with Sandeul again and she nodded to him.

W: Mr. Lee, go.

Sandeul stood up and left the room quietly.

Wheein glanced at the 2 Interpol Agents and sighed.

W: Agent Morelli, can you give us a moment?

He nodded and gestured for his partner to leave the room as well. They bowed to Hyejin as they left the room and she lowers her head in silence.

Wheein walks over to the kitchen, behind the counter, and she starts making coffee.

H: What happened here, Wina?

Hyejin let her gaze roam through the trashed apartment, the sofa with the bullet holes, the blood on the floor. Her face was a mixture of shock and worry and sadness.

W: Aside from the obvious?

She saw Hyejin walk around the sofa and over to the pictures that were displayed in the living room.

H: She was a really nice girl, Wina.

W: Nice enough for you to lie to your wife?

H: I told you, it isn't like that. I never slept with her.

W: Having with someone else isn't the only form of cheating on someone. Just because you didn't sleep with her, doesn't mean you weren't unfaithful either.

Wheein poured coffee in a mug and walked towards Hyejin, offering her the cup.

It was still early morning and she looks like she just woke up and rushed over to this apartment, she looked at her from head to toe, taking note that she was wearing her jogging outfit.

W: Going out for a jog?

Hyejin looked at her and then dropped her gaze on her coffee mug.

H: No. I was going here. We usually had breakfast together. I usually cook for her because she doesn't really know a lot about cooking.

Wheein smirks and walks back to the kitchen counter and sat down on the stool.

W: Can't be bothered to cook for your wife but you can easily do it for someone else.

Hyejin flinches, knowing that what Wheein said was true.

W: So, what else do you do for her?

H: Wina, will she be okay?

She was changing the subject, that much was obvious.

H: There's blood here. What happened? Do you know? Is she hurt?

W: You sound really concerned. Too concerned for a woman you claim you never slept with.

H: Wina, please. I'm telling you the truth! And I'm worried about her. Is she okay? Will she be okay?

W: I don't know. We weren't here when it happened. And frankly, I don't care. She's probably going to get killed because of this but that's life. You both were over your head with this. You shouldn't have gotten yourself involved with her.

H: I didn't want Byul involved. I...

She trailed off, still looking at her coffee mug. She didn't notice that Byul had already entered the apartment with Sandeul and they were standing at the door.

H: She was a good person, Wina. I talked to her a lot in these past 8 months that we were together. She's the youngest in her family. Her mom and dad and she had an older sister, too.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter