Twists and Turns

Of Crime and Passion: Lady Jung (Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein decided to stay the night at her brother's mansion in Incheon. She couldn't possibly go back to Seoul in her current state of mind. She needed to calm down and think or else she'll end up strangling Hyejin because of all the trouble she's getting into.

To some people, this may not be a big thing, hell, this might not even be anything at all. But Hyejin has a career and so does her wife. They can't have any scandals and they definitely can't be connected to the mob or any rival mobs either.

This Kim Yongsun is disrupting the order of things.

Even if she didn't have an affair with Hyejin, which she highly doubts now due to the recent discovery of an apartment that they've been sharing for the past 6 months, she was still working for The Lucky Hour Club.

That in itself was reason enough to take this girl out of the picture.

Those Chinese triads were bad news, they did their business differently from how they did it. They didn't have a moral compass, they didn't have a code of honor that they live by. They just do whatever they want, when they want to.

The girl has to go.

She paced back and forth across the room, deep in thought and angry at the sudden turn of events.

Hyejin has been hiding a secret apartment with this girl and no one was the wiser. Not her wife, not her bodyguards, not anyone.

And how does someone even hide something like an apartment from their wife? Those two really need to start talking. Their marital problems are giving Wheein problems and she doesn't want problems. She has enough problems on her own.

She needed to let Byul know of the new development, but she was wary if she should just text her knowing that Byul can and will get pissed and the couple might have another fight. And a fight isn't something they needed to be doing right now.
Those two only talk to each other when they're fighting and frankly, Wheein is a little tired of having to play referee between them sometimes.

She stopped pacing and walked towards her office table and sat down. Valentine had one of his men deliver the soft copies of the pictures that they've taken of Hyejin with her mistresses.

She looked at the pictures one by one in her hand and discarded the ones she's already seen on the table.

Wheein shook her head.

Mistresses.

There were so many. But if she was being honest, she really doesn't know if the women that Hyejin was with are affairs or not. Hyejin never denied anything but she never admitted anything either. She just doesn't talk about them.

She wants to be sad because she knows Hyejin is doing this because she's unhappy with Byul but she really doesn't understand how this woman thinks.

But by no means is Byul a saint. She's had her share of meaningless affairs as well. But that was all they were. Meaningless. No other woman could hold Byul's attention as Hyejin can. And Byul knew, she knew, Sandeul knew that Byul didn't want anyone else.

She put all the pictures down and sighed, her brother's words replaying in her head.

And you love Byul, don't you?

Did she? Is that why she stayed as her secretary all these years? Maybe. Maybe she did care but she wouldn't call it love. It wasn't like that for her. Or maybe it was but she just couldn't admit it to herself.

You don't have to say it. I always knew.

But yes, she did care a lot for Byul. That was why she helped her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter