The Girl in Between

Of Crime and Passion: Lady Jung (Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looked irritated, she sounded irritated, she walked with irritation in every step and everyone who passed her knew that. She walked into their building and slowed down her steps when she saw a familiar figure in front of the receptionist.

I'm sorry, we really have no public auditions right now.

But my friend says she got me an audition here.

What's your name again?

Kim Yongsun.

I'm sorry, I have nothing here for a private audition scheduled for you.

Maybe it's under my friend's name.

And what's your friend's name?

W: Good morning. Lea, have my phone calls transferred to my work phone for today. And when Sandeul and the boss get here, call me at my office. Who's this?

She gestured towards the girl knowing full well who she was.

Uhm, she's insisting that a friend had scheduled an audition for her but I don't have anything under her name.

She turned to the pink-haired girl wearing the pink spaghetti straps and the first thing that went to her mind was that she had really good looking shoulders.

W: And you are?

Y: Uhm, Kim Yongsun, ma'am.

Kim Yongsun, the girl she's investigating, is in their building. This is going to be another interesting day.

She nodded and then turned to walk to the elevators. The elevator immediately opened just as she reached to press the button to go up, she steps in and holds the door open and calls out to Kim Yongsun.

W: Follow me Ms. Kim, and hurry up, I don't like to be kept waiting.

Kim Yongsun hurriedly runs to get to the elevator and enters with her eyes glued at Wheein.

They were silent inside the elevator.

Kim Yongsun was staring at her but she didn't even give her a second glance.

Ding

The elevator doors open and Wheein steps out, followed by Kim Yongsun.

She takes out her keys and opens up her office, she walks in and gestures for Kim Yongsun to sit down on a chair in front of her desk.

She sits down opposite her, but she doesn't look at her, instead, she starts rummaging through her bag, looking for the flash drive with Kim Yongsun's music.

She switched her laptop on and plugged in the flash drive and chose a different song to listen to.

The other girl was surprised when she heard her voice from the laptop's speakers. She smiled as if this was the best thing that's happened to her in her whole life.

Wheein looks at her now, observing her reaction, watching her carefully, looking for non-verbal cues, body language that will help her determine what kind of person she is.

Ring Ring

Wheein glanced at her work phone and presses the speaker button to answer when the caller's name flashed on the small screen.

W: Yes?

Ma'am, the boss just arrived downstairs.

W: Okay, tell Mr. Lee to come to my office after he's escorted the boss to her own office.

Yes, ma'am.

She pressed another button to hang up the phone and turned to look at the girl who was sitting in front of her.

W: You have a good singing voice.

Y: Thank you. Uhm...

W: Yes?

Y: Who are you?

Wheein smirks, remembering that she never did introduce herself. She didn't like introducing herself, it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter