Conversations

Of Crime and Passion: Lady Jung (Book 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were silent in the car.

Sandeul was in front, sitting beside the driver and Wheein and Byul were sitting in the back.

Byul had her chin on her hand, leaning on the window, watching the cars passing them by.

Wheein looked ahead, at the street they were passing, thinking of what she needed to do for the day.

Byul finally breaks the silence with a sigh.

B: I feel sorry for that girl.

Wheein glanced at her sideways but didn't move.

W: We all feel sorry for her. But there's nothing we can do. We're not involving ourselves with this, Byul. That's final.

B: I know.

Wheein sighs and then looks at Byul.

W: Did you want to save her for Hyejin?

B: Maybe.

W: Even after finding out that they had an apartment together? After finding out about everything?

B: She's still my wife, Wina. But I guess, not for long.

Byul takes her hand away from her chin and leans back on the seat, slouching and letting out a sigh.

W: Are you sure about the divorce?

B: Yeah. It's what she wants.

W: And you? What do you want?

B: I wanna stay with her. And make it work. But I tried that already. And nothing's working. So, maybe we've already done enough to each other. I need to give up on that.

W: On what exactly?

B: I have to give up wanting her. Because she obviously doesn't want me anymore.

They were silent again, and the silence was uncomfortable and awkward until they reached the door of Byul's house.

W: I'll go ahead to the office. I'll have the driver come back for you. Sandeul will stay with you. Okay?

B: Yeah, okay.

W: Byul, fix yourself before going to the office. I don't want you looking like when you get there.

B: Yup, I will don't worry.

Sandeul got out of the car and opened the door for Byul who stepped out slowly. As if all the energy was out from her. Sandeul looked at Wheein and she sighed. She knows that after all these years, Byul still did love Hyejin, unfortunately, something went wrong along the way and they just couldn't get that spark back anymore.

She nods at Sandeul and he closed the door.

*********************

They drove to the office and she starts listing what she needs to do about the divorce in her mind. She wasn't happy that Byul made that decision, she knows they don't mean it.

But she also told Hyejin that she'll get the divorce papers within the day, and she'll get them.

The car started to go down the basement of their building and she snaps out of her thoughts and gave instructions to the driver.

W: Go back to the house and pick them up, please.

Yes, lady Jung.

The car was parked but she didn't wait for the driver to open her door, she stepped out on her own and went straight to the elevator to go to her office.

*********************

Wheein reached her floor and was walking towards her office when she noticed that the lights were on and that her door was open. She walked in to find Hyejin sitting on the chair in front of her table, still wearing her jogging attire.

She closed the door gently and locked it before going to her table.

She calls the receptionist from her work phone while putting down her bag and gave Lea, the receptionist, instructions to call her when Byul arrives.

She then looked at Hyejin who was just sitting there and staring into space.

W: You didn't get changed.

Hyejin snaps out of it and smiled at her softly.

H: Byul said not to come home, so I didn't.

W: You could have worn clothes from that apartment of yours in Hongdae.

She says as she sits down ono her chair and turns on her computer.

H: I don't have clothes there.

Wheein raised an eyebrow but knew she was telling the truth. None of the clothes she saw earlier in that apartment matched Hyejin's taste. They were all bland and plain. Too simple for someone like Hyejin who likes bright and eye-catching colors.

W: Oh. Really? And what do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter