Up Close and At a Distance

Assassin Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As days passed, rumours and talks about the Black Death continued to spread in Cha Ran Academy. Shiko was pissed at it all since she really hated hearing the varying stories here and there. Most of them were true but some were just ridiculous.“Don’t these people have anything better to do with their lives?!” she thought as a look of distaste was plastered on her face.


She sighed in frustration upon remembering that last night, Akuma threatened her again to get the mission started. She glanced at her bandaged right arm and winced at the still throbbing pain from the blade of her own katana. Akuma gave this ‘gift’as a reminder that he wanted results and fast.


“Omo!” Shin Ah and Sherina gasped as they entered the classroom, seeing Shiko’s arm “W-what happened?”. Shiko rolled her eyes “As if my day could get any worse”. “Is it a wound? Did you break your arm?” Shin Ah asked continuously. “It’s nothing of your concern” Shiko snapped.


Shiko had been trying in vain to shake these two off from the beginning but since they were as stubborn as rocks, she just chooses to ignore them most of the time.


“But we’re worried” Sherina reasoned out “you were perfectly fine yesterday but for you to come to school today with that bandage on your arm …”. Shiko heaved a frustrated sigh “I just fell, ok? Happy now? … If there isn’t anything else, leave me alone” she finalized then shifted her head to look outside the window.


Shin Ah and Sherina just looked at each other then sat down on their perspective seats disappointedly.


SHIKO’S POV
How the heck would I lure that Kim Kibum out? I don’t even know where to start! AISH! This is frustrating!
It’s all because those two kept pestering me that I wasn’t able to think of my approach to the target! The last time I even got close to him was back in the basement!


Wait a minute.

That’s it!


Shiko eyed Shin Ah and Sherina during class. She was brewing up a plan to use both girls to get closer to Key. “These two aren’t completely useless after all”


I never believed in things such as ‘friendship’ and ‘trust’.


Friends are over rated.


You can NEVER trust anyone in this world.


“Ya” Shiko said coldly as Shin Ah and Sherina attempted to approach her again during lunch. The two flinched at her sudden call “Y-yes?” they blinked. The assassin girl stood up from her seat, hands in her pocket “I wasn’t able to bring some food today and I don’t want to go to the cafeteria alone.”

At this, Shin Ah and Sherina’s faces lit up.
“A-are you asking us to h-have lunch with you, Ms. Yuki?” Shin Ah gaped, eyes wide in shock.


*Ehem!* Shiko cleared and started walking toward the door, pass the two dumbfounded girls.


 

“Are you coming or not?”
 

“KYAAAA~!” was the excited squeal of both Sherina and Shin Ah as they quickly waddled and followed Shiko out the classroom and toward the school cafeteria.


“Ya, Ya, Did you hear? … The Black death is confirmed to have a base here in Korea!! They’ve been moving silently for three years and I heard they were taking things slowly over here”


“omo! Really?!  That’s so scary!”

“I know right! My dad doubled our security personnel after hearing all this! It’s really crazy right now!”

“Aish! Ya! stop all that! you’re giving me goosebumps!”

 

 

“I heard that Black death assassins are not what they seem. They look like average teenagers but inside, they’re really killers and murderers! all of them!”

“Teenagers? What do you mean?”

“Ya, you didn’t know?! … Black death assassin are mostly teenagers! That way, it would be less suspicious!”

 

 

Shiko winced upon hearing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter